DISH Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.8
Charlie Ergen

Pros
  • Pay is good though promotions are slow (in 86 reviews)

• Work/life balance is really reasonable for NYC (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Management uses strong arm tactics while telling you about work/life balance (in 49 reviews)

• Queens upper management are enforcers rather than leaders (in 110 reviews)

Senior Technical Admin

Former Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The culture at Dish is evolving towards a positive environment. They are working towards a resource-managed projects to share resources across different disciplines.

Cons

The benefits still lack in value. Responsibilities and project timelines are not feasible; unfortunately this sets up the project and members of the project for potential failure.

Advice to Management

Need to have suitable managers in place with the necessary background for managing technical teams.

2. DISH - way better than some of these reviews make it sound

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work at DISH's corporate headquarters, and my experience has been great! The culture gives people a lot of responsibility, the access to senior management and executives is second to none, and corporate employees can actually see their impact on the company. It can be an intense work environment - expectations are high and you should expect to be busy, but the experience and learning opportunities are great. The level of responsibility that people get at DISH is what makes it so exciting and such a unique place.

Cons

Yes, you will be expected to be at work by 9 - but honestly, is that such a hardship?

Advice to Management

Improve the benefits so they are on par with other companies of similar size.

3. Java UI Front End developer

Current Employee - Senior UI Developer in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Senior UI Developer in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent and motivation during the work

Cons

Work pressure is too high

Advice to Management

Improve

5. Na

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

Good place to work, can move up with hard work and commitment. Not for everyone, results driven. Pay based on education and results.

Cons

Work hours not flexible. Hard to break into executive management. Management overworked at times due to limited resources and ability to make decisions

6. Great entry level company with room for growth and variety of work

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Potential for high profile work early on; easy to transfer internally; opportunity for promotion; many managers and senior leaders are trying to improve the company culture

Cons

Average benefits; very minimal PTO; so big that progress can be slow; "old school" company rules

Advice to Management

Middle managers need to own and improve the culture instead of always blaming Charlie Ergen

Decent Starting Point

Current Employee - Business Analyst II in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Business Analyst II in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Freedom within workplace, trusted with significant duties early in employment, heavily discounted TV, room to grow for overachievers

Cons

Overworked/underpaid, high expectations without the salary to match, poor technology for a tech company, might as well use Obamacare instead of company health insurance, 50% match on 401(k) if you're complacent enough to stick around for 5 years (probably don't). Might be a decent way for college students to get their feet wet, but use the experience to boost your resume then get to a career that compensates you.

Advice to Management

Cost of living increases. Compensation does not. You become poorer if you stay with DISH. Charlie Ergen could pay every employee in the company a million dollar bonus and still be a billionaire multiple times over. There's no reason for employees to be eating Ramen for dinner.

8. Great place if you enjoy working hard

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In my 2+ years at Dish, I've been given more responsibility and recognition than anywhere else I've worked. The people I work with are smart and hardworking which creates a great "get it done" environment.

Cons

Benefits package is sub-par for a Fortune 250 company, many managers are better individual contributors than leaders.

Advice to Management

Ask questions about why decisions are made and help communicate a transparent message to your teams.

9. Work Hard - Many Opportunities

Current Employee - Business Operations Manager in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Business Operations Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many opportunities for advancement and trying new things. Show that you are a hard worker and quick learner and opportunities will come. There have been many positive changes over the last few years.

Cons

High turnover, very hands-on C-suite with changing ideas, departments have a hard time working together, pay is below market, benefits are not the greatest.

Advice to Management

Empower frontline management to handle their people. Look at departments that are doing well and try to apply that across others instead of blanket punitive measures that punish everyone.

10. Good place to work

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, good pay, and challenging work.

Cons

Nothing that I wouldn't expect at any company

Lost in the Shuffle

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked with great people and made some lifelong friends. I was able to work on interesting projects. Pay was good on the corporate level. Not so much on the call center side.

Cons

Over time, I felt like just another number. The work increased but the payoffs decreased. Advancement became limited. Layoffs ensued and morale was low. Hopefully things have improved since then.

Advice to Management

Management was generally good. Problems are focused on the executive levels. Remember that human beings are working for you and you need them at their best for the company to be successful.

Showing 339 of 2,381 reviews