DISH Reviews in Englewood, CO

1,813 Reviews

DISH Director, President and CEO Joseph Clayton
Joseph Clayton
1,166 Ratings

Pros
  • Pay is good for these parts, especially if you stick with it for a few years (in 72 reviews)

• Good work life balance: people in our office arrive around 10am and leave by 7pm (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • As far as the work life balance they change schedules dissolve schedules for all types of reasons (in 40 reviews)

• Unless your friends with upper management, you have no chance of advancement (in 100 reviews)

More Highlights

280 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

My experience as a summer intern with DISH.

Former Employee - Program Manager  in  Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH as an intern for less than a year

Pros

DISH has a great company culture in a very exciting industry. I enjoyed the people that I worked with a lot and thought that upper management did a lot to make working at DISH fun and exciting.

Cons

Work-life balance can be a little lopsided at times but most of the time that is dictated by how efficient you are at managing your time and getting your work done during the day.

I hope management continues to improve upon what they are doing with their attempts to increase their employees experience working at DISH (i.e. World Cup celebrations, summer concerts, 14er hikes, etc.).

Lack of growth opportunities.

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people I work with are very good and are really good at what they do. I really like working with.

Cons

There are serious lack of growth opportunities. The opportunities that are there are limited to aspecial few.

Provide more growth opportunities to anyone interested.

Decent company and getting better.... just please Joe C - keep your politics to yourself!

Current Employee - IT Engineer  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - IT Engineer in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Always on the go! I really never get bored, which is a great thing. I love being challenged and challenged I am! DISH is truly trying to improve! The new technology never leaves me bored, always something new! The Work life balance is ok... they do get pretty picking on being at work for 8.5 hours.. then they let up... for me, I work through lunch... try to enforce it, labor laws say other wise :) The compensation is pretty good, can't complain there! My direct management is pretty good, can't say that for everyone else's though.

Cons

The political blame game from the CEO... come on Joe, stop blaming the President for the poor health insurance DISH has... it's not his fault, it's yours and Charlie's! The benefits are pretty poor, 50% 401K matching? Really, from a multi-billion dollar company?

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Get your experience and leave

Former Employee - Analyst/Developer I  in  Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Analyst/Developer I in Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great if you're looking to gain the experience in the career world

Cons

No employee incentive to stay. Poor leadership and appreciation for existing, tenured employees.

Try to keep your long-term performing employees

Hard Work and Patience Are Rewarded

Current Employee - Operations Manager  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been at DISH for 5 years and I've seen quite a bit of improvement in moral and employee engagement on a corporate level. If you aren't willing to work hard DISH isn't the place for you - if you are someone who thinks they are entitled to be promoted every six months just because you are there and not based on merit - go work else where.

I've moved quickly into a management position during my time at DISH and I've been given opportunities to learn and expand my skill sets. Although I've had one or two bad mangers - overall I've always worked with managers who care about me and my goals.

Cons

One of the things our CEO and Chariman has asked employees is to "know their business." Select departments know their business and understand other's roles. Many departments though don't know their business and how decisions impact other departments -this often means they end up creating more work for everyone else.

Vacation time is not ideal - and I believe we lose employees because of this. Employees only receive two weeks of vacation time until they hit 5 years and then they get 3. Not very competitive in today's job market. To attract the best employees DISH should be at least offering 3 or 4 weeks initially.

Although corporate has made retention a focus some department heads have not. We've lost a lot of great people as a result.

Focus on retention - recognize that we have talented people and focus on keeping them here.

Department heads need to do a better job of communicating - a lack of communication has caused countless issues.

The work is alright, the people are good, the pay is really lousy

Current Employee - Analyst/Developer II  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Analyst/Developer II in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

if you work hard & do good, you'll be noticed.

Cons

there aren't too many cons. it'd be great if one can wok at home on snow days.

The sudden shift to company outings is a laugh. keep it & give fair pay!

so far so good

Current Employee - Analyst/Developer II  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Analyst/Developer II in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

pretty good for the new graduates

Cons

would be nice to have more PDOs

Not as bad as they say

Current Employee - Manager  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great upward mobility if you are hard working and motivated. Creative thinking is encouraged.

Cons

Not much actual decision making occurs below the c-level.

In power your employees. Trust people. Promote leaders.

What you put in is what you get out.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Lead  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Lead in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The money is great. The benefits are just like anywhere else. Discount on the service is cool. 401K is awesome and the Employee Stock Purchase Plan is good!

Cons

You have to be able to adapt. Change happens all of the time. This is a fast paced environment and everything impacts the company so everything is being watched. However if you are doing what you are supposed to and you can adapt to change then there will be no issues.

Do not forget the environment. In sales the environment is key, if you want to change or implement something, that is great but do not forget the environment. An environment that is not clean or stable is a recipe for un-happy employees also they will not want to adapt to changes you are making.

There's been challenges, but it continues to improve

Current Employee - Training Manager  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Training Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Amazing technology, terrific opportunity, and the chance to work with some of the smartest people I've ever met. People here are driven, dedicated, and incredibly savvy. DISH also re-committed to providing even more leadership training to every manager in the company.

Cons

High expectations cause some leaders to forget best practices and that can drive employees out. The company is working to give managers better tools to work with their people, but some leaders aren't willing to change. Those leaders make it tough on their people.

Keep working on leadership! Be willing to change!

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!