DISH

2,000 Reviews

DISH Director, President and CEO Joseph Clayton
Joseph Clayton
1,274 Ratings

Pros
  • Pay is good for these parts, especially if you stick with it for a few years (in 86 reviews)

• Good work life balance: people in our office arrive around 10am and leave by 7pm (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Management uses strong arm tactics while telling you about work/life balance (in 49 reviews)

• Upper management don't keep to their word, will Lie thru their teeth in your face (in 110 reviews)

More Highlights

Use you up and throw you away

Former Employee - Director in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Director in Denver, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great co-workers. Truly high talent at all levels below VP. Fun department but under appreciated by the corporation because we do the unglamorous work of shipping and recovering receivers.

Cons

Tenure counts for nothing. Automaton, micromanager boss decides you're no longer an agent for change and over a decade of above and beyond service is down the drain.

Value your employees as something more than pieces in a game.

Dissatisfied

Current Employee - Tester in Spartanburg, SC
    Current Employee - Tester in Spartanburg, SC

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They finally raised the pay scale. Job well done on that. They have taken steps to attempt to make changes for the better.

Cons

Management is very poor. Separate rules for each shift. No one seems to have any answers to any questions on night shift. Right hand doesn't seem to know what the left hand is doing. Very hard for some to move with in the company. I have had much better benefits with other companies. I, as well as others would like to see medical benefits with a small copay for doctor visits an prescriptions. I personally can not afford to use the insurance with the huge deductible we have.

All shifts need to get on the same page. They need to listen to their employees concerns more instead of just blowing us off. There have been numerous safety concerns brought up but they blow it off and don't take the employees concerns to heart.

Started off good

I have been working at DISH

Pros

Employee appreciation Nice attendance policy!

Cons

You have to kiss management butt to be someone. I even see my supervisor still kissing butt.

I love this place!

I have been working at DISH

Pros

The environment is great, the pay is pretty good.

Cons

Hard to move up passed a supervisor...

Get a degree.

" Loved My Job At Dish "Laid Me Off, After Almost 9 Years" Field Service Manager

Former Employee - Field Service Manager in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Field Service Manager in Phila, PA

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good Company to work, I would guess depending on what your position. Great co-workers. Like most jobs, you get out of the job, what you put in, decent salary..bonuses for top performance.

Cons

For me, there were no cons, I put my heart into Dish for over 8 years and was Laid Off, said they were restructuring. Lead my team in Sales and most metrics for almost 2 years and they told me, it was my past performance before that. Really 3 years ago..I just didn't understand where that came from...Since Dish recently restructured upper management" they got rid of the GM positions across the board, so in my particular office the GM was offered the Operations Manager position and the Operations Manager was offered the Field Service position, which they both accepted...so manager ended up being bump down to a Field Service Manager almost 2 months before I was laid off , so I should have seen the writing on the wall.. I wasn't even going to post this review but glasdoor wouldn't let me continue to look at other job posting reviews, till I did.

I think Dish is really headed in the right direction, I just wish upper management would have offered me a position, even if it were a notch below, what I was doing...instead of just throwing me out, after 8 plus years of service...God Bless

Great

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Everything is great. I really like everything. Everything is fun and couldn't be better. Everyone should work here because it's great

Cons

Nothing is bad here because everything is great. Like I said before, everyone should work here because it's so much fun. You work hard and make money

Great place to work, so long as you are willing to work

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I LOVE coming to work every day because every day is new and challenging. I used to work for a company where I would sit around and watch youtube all day because of how dead and slow it was. When things were busy it was great, but once you got into your groove it was very boring without any challenge. Dish is not like that. I have not had a single day where I did not have at least 8 hours worth of work to be done. Yes it is stressful. Yes it is difficult. Yes it is challenging. If you want an easy job where you don't have anything to do, Dish is not the company for you. Dish will provide a great pay but in return they ask you to not only do the job you were hired to do, but to be the best at it. People like to say they "give their all" or they "like a challenge", working for Dish will prove if you are all talk or if you really do believe that. DIsh is certainly not a company for everyone as well. I really appreciate just how honest this environment can be, and yes that means you do have to wear a thick skin. However, that honesty, at times can be hard to hear, drives me to be better every single day. When I do exceptional work, I receive praise. When I don't live up to the expectation I receive honest and direct feedback. If you are the type that can not handle honest and open feedback and use it as a tool to be better, this likely is not a great company for you. Again, many people say they like honest and open feedback, but this company will hold you accountable to see if you really do want that or if you are just using a catch phrase.

Cons

I am not in love with the benefits. Yes I am covered if something does happen to me, but it is expensive. I was spoiled with my wife's benefits as they would have been considered "phenominal" by anyone's standards. Dish has a medical plan that is pretty middle of the road. For where I live, it's cheaper and better than the marketplace, but I do expect more out of a company this size. I also am not a fan of how time away from work is treated. I would prefer to have just a set number of paid days that I can take for any reason, personal or otherwise. Instead there is paid time off and sick time. Paid time does not carry over year to year (frustrating) and 40 hours of sick time does. With this structure, I feel obligated to take all of my paid time off each year, whether I want to or not (not going to throw it away) and I will make sure I only have 40 hours of sick time to carry over...so again whether I need to or not, I will take sick days. In previous employment enviornments I have found that providing a more flexible time away from work plan, the employee's tend to be happier, more productive and less deceptive about why they need time off. Many studies do show that work forces do benefit from a flexible time away from work plan.

I would love to see a complete overhaul of our benefits program. I addressed most of the concerns in the "cons" section. Also, in the last 3 years I have heard "we need to trust our management team to manage". We have spent a substantial amount of money investing in the development of our management force, yet I have not seen much in the way of cutting down the beauracracy and red tape of approvals to get anything done.

Dish gives back what you put in!

Current Employee - Analyst in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Analyst in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

If you work hard there is room to climb to Corp ladder

Cons

Schedules can change have to be flexible

none

overall great experience

I worked at DISH

Pros

good pay, good hours.good support

Cons

constant change,mad customers,big call volume

Some really good paycheck weeks and some not so good.Possible to make good money but you never know one day from next

Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate

I worked at DISH

Pros

possible good money if you are a good sales person

Cons

Not a secure job you never know when will be your last day

be human