DISH Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
Charlie Ergen

Pros
  • Pay is good though promotions are slow (in 86 reviews)

• Work/life balance is really reasonable for NYC (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Management uses strong arm tactics while telling you about work/life balance (in 49 reviews)

• Queens upper management are enforcers rather than leaders (in 110 reviews)

2,205 Employee Reviews

In my opinion...

Current Employee - Business Ops Analyst II in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Business Ops Analyst II in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

DISH gives many people the opportunity to jumpstart and advance their career from an entry-level position. WIth the right leadership, development, passion, and a college degree, many employees move on to pursue very successful careers within the Customer Service Centers and Corporate Office.

Cons

DISH cannot effectively manage it's business because of micromanagement occuring at the executive level.

DISH manages its business with very little input from the frontline employees. Projects, initiatives, training, etc are initiated, developed and pursued without properly engaging the appropriate audience(s).

Up until a few years ago, DISH did a great job transitioning and promoting employees into new roles based on expertise, drive, and future-potential. Now, if you do not have a college degree, or if you are not pursuing a college degree, your opportunity for advancement is a very narrow window.

Advice to Management

Be present and work together to break down the barriers and silos that are rampant in the Corporate environment. These business models are crippling customer experience, agent morale, and employee development.

Acknowledge that a company cannot expect all of its employees to think, breath, and live under one philosophy (linear, grid-based format). DISH should be evolving with the industry and training to the needs of the employees that it staffs.

Recognize the talent in your employees through their hard work, dedication, persistence, and commitment to the company, not just a piece of paper (college degree).

DISH Network Job review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

The pay is ok, opportunity to move up in the company.

Cons

The work/life balance is bad. Health insurance not good.

Advice to Management

While it is good to strive to have world class customer service, look on trying to improve employee morale within the company.

3. Ok job

I worked at DISH

Pros

Didnt deal with customers, I would say I worked fast so had a lot of free time.

Cons

Worked in warehouse, no AC.

5. Marketing Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to learn if one can stay away from the politics. Good career advancement opportunities.

Cons

Employee unfriendly environment. Policies are very rigid.

Advice to Management

Foster a better environment for the employees.

6. Customer service Rep

I worked at DISH

Pros

An Easy job, great pay,

Cons

Strict on attendance over all.

7. Don't confuse the ratings with corporate opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I will admit I was wary to start at DISH after reading the reviews, but most of the reviews come from front-line employees, not corporate. And yeah, those jobs probably do suck (call center agents, installers, etc.) But at corporate, I've had nothing but a great experience. If you are a culture fit, you have limitless options to grow at the company. The biggest pro is that you can transfer to another department that you have little to no experience in (if you're a good employee that is) and they will train you and help you learn a completely new skillset. If you have an all-arounder mentality, this is an awesome place you hone and develop new skills. You also don't have to wait a year for a promotion. I received one within my first 6 months.

Cons

Because the company is constantly growing with the industry, sometimes the path can be a bit unclear, you you have to figure things out together to move forward. Because of the constant change in certain areas, some departments can be a bit disorganized at times.

Advice to Management

There should be a marketing campaign to promote the DISH corporate employee brand. People get the wrong idea because of the call center agents and techs complaining... but corporate is a great place to work.

8. Not as bad as "they" say

Current Employee - FSS II in Ashland, VA
    Current Employee - FSS II in Ashland, VA

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overtime. Coworkers are nice, fsms do their best when they aren't overwhelmed. Incentives and bonuses, flexibility in scheduling, company provided tools, uniforms, equipment, van, gas.

Cons

Sales. It's awful, selling generally over priced items that most people have or don't really need. Dish is incredibly pushy regarding sales. The hiring process: stop hiring any person willing to work and start being more selective with who you hire. Make the initial entry tests harder, or create a way to weed out those who will most certainly be a poor employee.

Advice to Management

Make sales optional, not required. Just let us do our jobs without the threats of being fired if we don't sell your stuff.

DISH Review

Former Employee - Business Analyst II in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Business Analyst II in Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

DISH has a lot of interesting opportunities if you are willing to take them on. There are a lot of different people you can interact with at all levels. If you have a good idea it could turn into something big. DISH is led by Charlie who is very good at ensuring DISH will be successful for years to come.

Cons

Leadership is weak. Most of the time is spent on putting out fires and not trying to get ahead of issues. The COO of the company is a micro manager and tries to explain all aspects of the business in a grid format often at the expense of productivity and real world effectiveness. There are too many people in a position to lead that are good at analytics and logic but not good at the interpersonal skills to lead an organization.

Advice to Management

Find true leaders, not just managers. Organize operations in a way that allows everyone to contribute. Make goals and actively work to move the organization towards them.

10. Mixed feelings

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enjoyable to meet all the new people and learn the new job.

Cons

They say full time but that completely depends on the location of where you will be working, barely get 40 hours a week.
    To much towards the promotion and bonus program is left to customers input.

Our best days are ahead

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

Opportunity to be part of changing technology. Ongoing leadership training. Energetic, fun environment with great coworkers.

Cons

Benefits could be improved. Silos are coming down, but we need more attention on collaboration between departments.

Advice to Management

We need to ensure we balance employees in the mix. You are headed in the right direction. Don't let up and continue to care for employees and make DISH a great place to work.

Showing 2,205 of 2,233 reviews