DISH Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
Charlie Ergen

Pros
  • Pay is good though promotions are slow (in 86 reviews)

• Work/life balance is really reasonable for NYC (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Management uses strong arm tactics while telling you about work/life balance (in 49 reviews)

• Queens upper management are enforcers rather than leaders (in 110 reviews)

2,261 Employee Reviews

Good before new OM appear

Former Employee - Does IT Matter in Corpus Christi, TX
    Former Employee - Does IT Matter in Corpus Christi, TX

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The experience and friendship were great. Learning how the company's moves and new things that the company offers. They had great contest and service

Cons

Refer a friend is a con to get rid of people who regardless do it the right way or wrong. If your tech your more likely not to get fired. Make sure you write any names you refer. Because if you don't they well fired you even thou you do things the right way. I hade names to give and management came back as they never found the names I gave. They well stab you right on your back.

Advice to Management

Dish needs to hired OM within the company the one the got does not know how to tie is shoeless and always away from office . If the dish is worry about doing the refer a friend program wrong maybe they need to ask the OM about the missing sound bars he stole.

Got out before forced out

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Commerce Township, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Commerce Township, MI

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Worked out of my home/garage, alot of hours and decent benefits

Cons

Scare tactic management style from the corporate level down thru local, forced into becoming a sales man as well as a tech

Advice to Management

Chill out on the Smart Home sales aspect of a tech's job role...we have enough on our plate to deal with already

3. Good Opportunity - INSIDE SALES-

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

Fairly consistent sales position in which you take warmed inbound calls. TV prices are best on the market. A good amount of autonomy in how you work, overtime is almost always available if you hit your numbers. Pay is multiplicative so can be great when you're doing well. Local management is very supportive and energetic.

Cons

The way in which metrics work can be stressful, the constant changes to company policies, products, and metrics can be difficult to keep up with. Due to pay structure working at least 50 hours/week is essentially required to make decent money.

Advice to Management

Continue efforts to collect feedback from employees with roundtables and meetings for both policy changes and advertising adjustment. Opening up new lines of communication between Inside Sales and the other departments would be very helpful and improve customer experience as well as employee understanding. Pay structure needs some tweaking to be more consistent.

New Leader, New Life at DISH

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The new Site Leader has done nothing but make this a better place to be. He has transformed the building, and is transforming the people and the other leaders in the building. He admits the opportunities and is honest with his answers. I am impressed at the changes he has made. I have been here 5 years and have never seen the site have a better culture and better morale. Dish offers tons of opportunity, and the leaders are now being required to help you prepare for that opportunity. The people are great, the site is clean and a nice place to work. It just keeps getting better.

Cons

If you are negative or want to be a bully or inconsiderate of others you will not make it here. The days of favoritism and being pushed around are over. There are only a handful of truly negative people left. The health insurance could be better. Shift bids are terrible.

Advice to Management

The management of Melissa, Diana, Romero, OB and Bob keep doing it. I know that it has been almost a year, but Dish Phoenix is better than it has ever been. The fear is gone, the negativity is going away. With each old school negative person that leaves, you have made the place better and better. Keep focusing on developing us, keep having roundtables, keep caring. You are winning and it is working.

6. Sales Associate

Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great money if you're willing to work 50+ hours a week.

Cons

The schedules are horrible and you cant change them. Unless you find another agent who is at the same "level" as you is willing to change permanently. There is no "can you cover me tomorrow" If you're out, you're out. a lot of pressure.

7. good

Current Employee - Remote Technician in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Remote Technician in Omaha, NE

I have been working at DISH

Pros

averall good company decent pay

Cons

bonus program has been made too hard to advance

8. A lot to gain for a lot of pain

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunity for growth; challenge, chance to really make a difference in the results for a company. If you are strong enough, you can step into some very important roles from a relatively young / inexperienced position.

Cons

The culture is not a lie. You are in fact a commodity when you work here, do not think that POV changes. I was able to advance quickly to senior level positions and even at that point I was still a commoditized asset.

Whats not to like?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Autonomy, empowerment, forward thinking, leading edge technology, striving for best practice, competing to be world class!!! A lot of smart people with positive attitudes in the house.

Cons

Corp parking lot a little tight, med benefits could be better.

Advice to Management

Stay on the current path that your on and you're negative Glassdoor rating will disappear.

10. Fss IV

Current Employee - FSS IV in Bismarck, ND
    Current Employee - FSS IV in Bismarck, ND

I have been working at DISH

Pros

Great pay. Lots of overtime. Great balance of drive time and working. Paid drive time.

Cons

There is so much negativity out there. It's mainly people who aren't capable of doing the work who in turn get on sites like this to bash the company. I made tech level IV in just over a year. Every company and position has good and bad. Work for change

Advice to Management

I love my management t team. I love the training team. Dish can get 51% market share if we get rid of those working against the company instead of with it. Be a promoter

11. Remote Quality Assurance Technician

I worked at DISH full-time

Pros

Independent work environment. Good pay and benefits. I worked as a remote quality assurance technician for over 2 years. I overall enjoyed it mostly due to my direct manager. Free dish programming

Cons

Little assistance from HR from the start. Lots of travel, long hours and staying in hotels. Unrealistic goals for some regions.

Advice to Management

I would suggest lessening the load on the Quality Assurance managers. They seem like they have to do the work of HR and their own bosses at times which stretches them very thin over a very large team.

Showing 2,261 of 2,290 reviews