DISH

1,879 Reviews

DISH Director, President and CEO Joseph Clayton
Joseph Clayton
1,207 Ratings

Pros
  • Pay is good for these parts, especially if you stick with it for a few years (in 86 reviews)

• Good work life balance: people in our office arrive around 10am and leave by 7pm (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Management uses strong arm tactics while telling you about work/life balance (in 49 reviews)

• Upper management don't keep to their word, will Lie thru their teeth in your face (in 110 reviews)

More Highlights

Mixed Bag

Current Employee - Program Manager in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Mid-level leadership has improved in the last couple years, and the employees are generally good people. There is opportunity to grow a career and work on really exciting projects with little past experience.

Cons

Badge report is back! No matter how many 60 hour work weeks you put in expect to be lambasted endlessly for coming in after 9 regardless of the reason why.

Emancipate yourselves from Charlie, make real decisions about the quality of life you're providing for employees and allow lower level managers to make decisions. Stop castrating your frontline management staff, as only the best of them will take the blame in front of their employees.

Was very interesting work experience. Traveled across the country and met new people .

I worked at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It was a great experience right after the college. Great atmosphere and work environment.

Cons

Hiring process was tooooo long. It took forever for HR people to move application forward.

Keep doing the great job and look for recent college grads.

Great company to gain valuable skills and knowledge of the industry.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH

Pros

Impressive training courses, great benefits, extra pay incentives for performance, and team oriented atmosphere focused on success. Fantastic company to work for, I thoroughly enjoyed my training with Matt R. at the Riverfront-Littleton, CO location. He gave me all the tools and knowledge I need for personal and professional success. I have never worked for a company with such friendly and knowledgeable employees, and I believe those that complain about this company do not invest in their own success and therefore are not rewarded by the company. Put in the effort and the company will take care of you, and reward you for your work.

Cons

There are many challenges to overcome on a daily basis, the interview and training process can become overwhelming, and there is not much available time to complete all necessary tasks. With good time management and organization these obstacles are easily overcome.

I would advise management to offer more one-on-one training opportunities to the employees that may struggle in certain areas as well as less restriction on the time taken between calls while working on issues of customer service (updating memos, etc.) but overall it's a good company to work for.

Nice opportunities but no work-life balance

Current Employee - Senior Analyst Developer in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst Developer in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

you get good people, some new things happening, lot of opportunities to learn and grow, new & latest technologies to work at.

Cons

no work-life balance, pay doesn't compare to long hours you need to work, management want you to work like 10+ hours a day for the pay of 8 with you not asking for any time off and extra pay. Management are hard and force their policies on you. Management don't keep their promises. they expect you do work like a manager/senior while paying you a junior employee salary.

Start listening to your employees please. If you promise them promotions or something, provide that. don't lie through your teeth. if you are paying somebody for a junior developer, don't expect them to handle responsibilities of a senior employee.

Good Learning company

I worked at DISH

Pros

very structured, room for growth

Cons

always striving for employees to do more with less time, quality and customer service suffered

Enjoyed my peers

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at DISH part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed the people that I worked with and the wage given was really great.

Cons

Only would give warehouse part time hours. The upper management seemed to rule by fear and that just trickled down through all levels. Not very good communication.

Very demanding work and constant staff reductions

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist
    Current Employee - Inventory Specialist

I have been working at DISH

Pros

Challenging work, kept busy most of the time, ability to work alone

Cons

Constant reduction of support staff and even management. Upper management is clueless on the day to day requirements imposed on people. Medical benefits are average at best

Learn what you people do and how long it takes to do it... Show some loyalty to people.

Great company in the early 2000's, great opportunity to advance.

Former Employee - Regional Operations in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Regional Operations in Denver, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I rose from install tech up through regional management and had many great leaders during my career.

Cons

The company has lost site of the value of its people, and instead of the focus being on making people successful so that in turn the company is, the focus has turned to all about numbers.

Find the balance, people matter, all the talk in the world about people doesn't make up for the lack of focus on them.

I enjoy my job, I feel it offers challenge and allows me to grow and learn valuable tools for my career path.

I have been working at DISH

Pros

Good benefits, (relatively speaking).
    Challenging.
    Constant opportunities to move within the company.

Cons

Negativeness of other employees.
    The pay is lower than I like.

Always give feedback, good or bad. I feel this give the employee knowledge of how they are being perceived by others and an opportunity to grow.
    Acknowledgement of a job well done. Far too many times I've seen employees do great things for this company. But, there was no acknowledgement of a job well done. It's as if it was expected of them.

Love the people and company focus on meeting internal/external customer needs

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Entrepreneurial/dynamic culture - openness to new ideas, contribution and exciting challenges
    Management actively seeking ways to create a positive work place
    Incredible career opportunities in different areas - company won't hold you back just because you don't have specific prior experience

Cons

Communication between departments could be much better
    Entrepreneurial/dynamic culture - sometimes decisions are made before all possible results are considered

I love that management is making changes that positively affect employees. If there is better/more communication between the starting and ending point, employees can understand that things are moving and not just forgotten.