DISH Reviews

1,798 Reviews

DISH Director, President and CEO Joseph Clayton
Joseph Clayton
1,155 Ratings

Pros
  • Pay is good for these parts, especially if you stick with it for a few years (in 80 reviews)

• Good work life balance: people in our office arrive around 10am and leave by 7pm (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Management uses strong arm tactics while telling you about work/life balance (in 46 reviews)

• Upper management don't keep to their word, will Lie thru their teeth in your face (in 110 reviews)

More Highlights

No team its a cover your tail company

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

No pro's for this company.

Cons

mandatory overtime that never ends, metrics that you have no control over

Don't waste your time!

Current Employee - CSS II in Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - CSS II in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Free TV and decent vacation time if you're a tenure agent.

Cons

Bed Bugs, Roaches and Mice oh my, No consistency, Mediocre schedule and No growth opportunities. There is no morale and everyone always feels like they are on the chopping block especially tenured agents.

To the site manager who wrote the previous review. You are way beyond crazy if you believe that psycho babble bs you're spilling out. You don't give people the opportunity to have a career unless you sleep your way to the top. After all we all know how management staff gets "extra friendly" with agents, team leads, coaches, supervisors and other managers. If you've been there 7 years like you say you have then you'd know that's how Dish rolls. Dish is just a job with no growth opportunities period you can beat around the bush all you want but it's the truth. When someone does attempt to move up you've already hand picked who you want in that role so anyone else who applies is waisting their own time when they could be doing something more productive. I've personally heard if from your own training and management staff so the review you made is not only false but laughable at how you try and cover up the truth. Nobody is hiding, spreading rumors or telling lies. People are stating facts because now that we are free theres nothing you can do to manipulate us into losing our jobs for telling it like it is. The lack of acknowledgement you all show towards serious issues that people bring to your attention just shows how you don't really care and just sweep it under the rug. The Dish team will never be better until you face reality and that's something that will never happen. You said yourself you're not interested in criticism and that speaks for itself. Lack of ownership will always be a fault of yours and that will never change. You want real advice? Quit hiring people off a park bench, actually exterminate the building, listen to the criticism employees give you and actually take action on it for once in your life. Put some actual work into your daily life instead of sitting in an office hiding behind a computer all day and spending so much time trying to find your next Dish conquest. All of you in management lack class, integrity, empathy, honesty, and are just lazy. Grow up and take some responsibilities and be honest for once. Lying to people in a review to get new employees into that catastrophe of a work place is sickening and disgusting. All of you in management should be disgusted and ashamed of yourself for taking no ownership for anything ever.

Terrible morals and managing system

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

free programming from dish. Even though the services are not all that great. And sometimes you get "gifts" if your good. But very slim chance.

Cons

Everything. When I say everything I mean it! I have been thru hell and back. They say that they care about the customer when in actuality they don't. The people here just try to save their own butt more than anything. The drama just between the managers there is just ridiculous. and when you need advice about something they tell you to research it even after you already have! Then they make you switch schedules like crazy when they tell you in the beginning that you won't ever have to change it!

Learn how to lead and also follow. And when someone needs help don't just shoo them away.

All time low

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is a very difficult one

Cons

The number one thing that I look for in a company is morale is DISH lacks it. It starts with management. They talk about glassdoor at work however, they never discuss the issues. Many people can't be wrong. At some point you have to realize the facts. Instead of yelling at people how about you be a leader and fix the problems. Stop with the cover up. Again we lose more channels today and today again I get cursed at and get told to deal with it. We will never go anywhere As a company if things aren't fixed.

Fix your leadership in hilliard

Worst place ever to work.

Former Employee - Producer in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Producer in Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decently priced food in the cafe, the Southwestern home made chips were great!

Cons

Terrible management, hours & working conditions. Was lucky enough to travel for one project, was gone from my family from Friday morning through LATE Sunday night. Was still expected to work 10-12 hours per day the following week. Faced discrimination on a daily basis from management. Co-workers actually "hide out" in conference rooms just to get away from management, work on resumes and search for other employment.

I witnessed my manager use company-owned equipment for personal projects. He would "hire" people from my team to work on his personal business projects while at Dish and threaten them with termination if they didn't get his work and the company work completed by his, way-to-short, deadlines.

The "Employee Engagement Survey" is a joke! mostly multiple choice questions and when they give you a box to give specific comments on only 250 characters are allowed!

This company deserves the rating of "Worst Place to Work for in America"!

Fire all the management and start over! This place is so corrupt and full of money-wasting practices I am surprised they are still making a profit!

Sales

Former Employee - Sales in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Sales in Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Had the opportunity to meet with some wonderful people.

Cons

Very little promotional opportunity unless you know the right people. I witnessed high achievers for many years never get promoted, while others who have only been a position for only 6 months with very little record of achievement, move through the ranks The corporate culture was very backbiting. After the training phase, most of the employees did not speak very positively about the company.

Balls are never a good substitute for brains. The founder of the company insults business partners, and loses out on negotiations, which results in layoffs. But when you're worth $9 billion what does a few thousand hard working employees who depend on a paycheck mean to you?!

I feel like Gizmo surrounded by a mob of gremlins.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay, benefits, co-workers are pretty good. Very informative and using for my collection towards my Doctoral Thesis Rudiment. The title so far is.......wait for it......."How Not To Be America's Worst Company To Work For" With focus on "How Bullies In The Organization Affect The Bottom Line"

Cons

If you are an educated professional, highly skilled with common sense, reasoning, logical, and analytical abilities and highly intelligent then you will be seen as a threat to those who don't possess any of the above and all they have going for them are years of work that they have committed to Dish. The problem with this is that they are very territorial and fear any type of organizational change especially when the change is that one must now have a degree to be considered for any position in lower or upper management. Now, unfortunately for those who do have the qualifications that Dish needs, their job performance is evaluated by those who don't meet the qualifications who are after the same position. So think about it.....it doesn't take a genius to figure this one out, they give someone that's a threat low job performance evaluations to block one from getting promoted and bingo they manipulate the system. These individuals are the bullies of the organization and it doesn't end there for those that are friends with and with "benefits" with management or human resources the easier it is to get away with such manipulation and bullying and if you dare to speak up beware of further deepening retaliation and bullying. These employees don't understand that aside from committing years to a company that one also needs to show contribution, for example for an employee to say "I've been here for 5+years and deserve a promotion", well that's just not the case. Seriously, what they are saying is that they are responsible for the chaos, and disorganization within Dish. If I were them I would stop bragging of the years they have with Dish it's embarrassing to say the least. Now Dish is taken the responsibility of educating their not so bright employees.........Really!? LMAO. Come on now Dish, these employees of yours had ample time to work towards their degree with your help of tuition reimbursement but they were too lazy to do it. They were also too lazy and lacked the talent, intelligence and creativity that Dish needs to make improvements. Why should they have? For the past few years they were smart enough to start a mob infested environment with their own culture of low morals and low ethics and it worked for them in giving each other undeserved promotions and pay raises, oh yeah and lets not forget pay each other for hours not worked well for Dish that is.

Charlie Ergen and Joe Clayton hope you read this: Save money on minimizing management and take human resources away from El Paso, they are the culprit for the mob infested environment. Take the "refer an employee for $300.00 this just causes favoritism and adds to the mob. Build a stronger human resources in corporate, this will help decrease the turnover rate and you won't need to pay for employees to come work for Dish. Keeping human resources in corporate will truly give external and internal applicants with true talent, creativity, and skill the opportunity to get interviewed and get hired. The money you save invest it in your employees with incentives like holiday bonuses or end of quarter bonuses and they will continue to give Dish the results that Dish needs. Have employees send you their ideas directly, it's unjust that their ideas are being stolen by those who can steal them and are taking credit for others ideas. Act fast on this or risk loosing true talent to competitors and that's the bottom line. Who knows realizing your dream of a mobile network might just be a talent within reach away.

I worked at DISH

Pros

The pay was a little better than average and the training was so much more than you would have imagined.

Cons

The training did not help with a majority of your calls because the general population is selfish and impatient when it comes to their television. You were also expected to get them off of the phone quickly which was almost impossible when they had a hard time understanding why you could not just flip a switch and make it work.

Realize that employees are not all machines or miracle workers and reward them for successes even if it takes longer than you want it to due to the lack of cooperation you run into with a lot of customers.

Great Team.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Pine Brook, NJ
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Pine Brook, NJ

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The teams are filled with great people. Training is ok as well.

Cons

There are 8 different call cues and it's like playing runlet. one day you may be put in one that has been screamed as more affluent areas that will pass the credit check. Some get the poor areas. They choose how the calls are roughed.

Treat you staff like they are humans and don't try to find a way to use Hurricane Sandy to fire people. If a company can use a disaster to do this imagine what else they can or have done.

worst company I have ever worked for

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tulsa, OK

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

easy to get hired

Cons

felt like I became company property instead of a person working there. They want this job to be your life all else should be cancelled if they decide to add OT to your schedule even school finals booked months ahead. mandatory OT one day for no reason them mandatory time off w/o pay to make up for it. the whole place feels tense all the time. all but no training!! I have worked at other call centers even other tv providers this place is really bad. I did like my supervisor, felt sorry for him sometimes since he got no trainer either, and most of my coworkers it could have been so much better

work with people on scheduling for the big things in life like school. if you want employees to have your service, making it easier to help customers, supply all services free. Happy employees equal happy customers