DISH

1,959 Reviews

DISH Director, President and CEO Joseph Clayton
Joseph Clayton
1,254 Ratings

Pros
  • Pay is good for these parts, especially if you stick with it for a few years (in 86 reviews)

• Good work life balance: people in our office arrive around 10am and leave by 7pm (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Management uses strong arm tactics while telling you about work/life balance (in 49 reviews)

• Upper management don't keep to their word, will Lie thru their teeth in your face (in 110 reviews)

More Highlights

Fast Paced good company

I worked at DISH

Pros

Learn a lot, Fast Paced

Cons

Work Life Balance can be better

Like working outdoors and not inside a warehouse or office all day? This is the perfect job for you.

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Calhoun, GA
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Calhoun, GA

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay is average but the incentives is what makes Dish a good place to work. The managers are really nice and helpful, they don't bother you at all. Teamwork is really important, but I guess it all depends on where you work. Promotion depends on your work performance so that's a plus.

Cons

Poor benefits. Training should be a lot more hands on.

Good place to work

Current Employee - dnw in Christiansburg, VA
    Current Employee - dnw in Christiansburg, VA

I have been working at DISH

Pros

Great place to work and make good money. They give you opportunity to make bonuses and always have good incentives and fun things for us to do. You can miss 5 days every 3 months without getting fired and you get vacation after working for 90 days.

Cons

You can get stuck on a bad shift

They are all very nice

Best call center so far

Current Employee - Partner Trained Customer Service Agent in Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - Partner Trained Customer Service Agent in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH

Pros

Great, encouraging coaches, quick raises, up to 50% performance bonuses per check, highest paid I've ever been. There's ability to travel out of state , or country, paid for. Tons of "events" and special things they do for us as agents.

Cons

Not many people wanna leave, so UPPER level promotions are few and far between.
    Same as any call center, the customers can be brutal. But If you can't handle it, shouldn't work at a call center.
    The health insurance could definitely be better.

N/a

Experience has been very rewarding for me.

Current Employee - Team Lead in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's good to work here because you get up to an additional 50% bonus on every bi weekly check depending on how good your numbers are on the phone! They offer a 401k plan they match your contribution $.50 cent to the $1.00. The company only promotes from within so it's very easy to start a career path. The management staff is very friendly and helpful. We are strict on NO DRUG Policy (what company wouldn't be) and with attendance we are very leaniant like no other company. Every 12 months you get an annual raise and that amount is based off of how well you performed throughout the year. Great company to work for IF you are highly motivated and enjoy doing customer service.

Cons

Things that could be tough is the starting pay we only start at $11.00 which is very tough when other companies will start you at 14.00 almost in all TV provider call centers. Other things that could be tough is the insurance offered. It could be the worst insurance offered and makes you want to purchase your own insurance and pay more for the much better coverage like I have done (only because I am forced to have insurance).

I believe we could do better as a competitive company of we increased the starting wages and improved our insurance coverage for employees. Be competitive like other companies, we could reduce employee churn drastically.

It was challenging, with no reward in sight.

Former Employee - FSS1
    Former Employee - FSS1

I worked at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good benefits. Friendly staff, with motivated managers willing to guide you and show you how to become the best you can be.

Cons

Heights, inclement weather, crawl spaces, and super heated attics.

Anyone above an OM needs to have more interaction with the techs. I only spoke to my GM once in the year I was employed with Dish.

Low pay

Current Employee - In Home Service in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - In Home Service in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Outside work company tools,van, gas card and cell phone

Cons

Micromanaging, to many bosses pay does not match workload. Changed promotion structure making it very difficult to be promoted. To much third party involvement work orders very rarely correct customers constantly given the wrong information. Impossible goals techs judged on things that our in no way in there control.

Remove heads from butts please if you don't take care of the people installing your equipment the job won't be done right.

Great for an Entry Level Representative, But Not a Permanent Career

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Littleton, CO

I worked at DISH

Pros

Benefits aren't great; insurance is offered but there is a very high deductible for people who are generally healthy.
    Free coffee and they have "food days" regularly; vendors give away products from channels.
    Contests for upselling will get you things like iPads, TVs, etc.
    There's almost always overtime available.

Cons

Pay is low considering the way you're treated by customers and often by management.
    Lower and upper management don't seem to care about the stresses that come along with channel negotiations.
    There is a very high-school atmosphere most of the time.
    Promotions and raises don't seem to be merit-based; some have to fight for up-training but others have it handed to them.

Promotions need to be based on merit & metrics, not tenure & favoritism.

isp

Current Employee - ISP in Florence, SC
    Current Employee - ISP in Florence, SC

I have been working at DISH

Pros

flexible work schedule you come in pretty much when you want and theres not much to do great amount of pdo's easy to catch on to

Cons

work really late nights not much respect for the position unless you fight for it you days are in the hands of other techs that may want to work alllll night long for exta pay but you still have to wait on them

keep working at better pay

Good overall but starting wage is to low

Current Employee - Fss2 in Plymouth, IN
    Current Employee - Fss2 in Plymouth, IN

I have been working at DISH

Pros

Management, company vehicle & phone. Discount tv service. Sales incentive program. Work schedule. Growth in the company. Bonus program.

Cons

Some long days. All types of weather. Dirty homes. Rude people. Pressure to make sales goals. Low starting wage.

Starting wage should be closer to $15-17 hr. Not $12.