DISH Reviews

1,793 Reviews

DISH Director, President and CEO Joseph Clayton
Joseph Clayton
1,149 Ratings

Pros
  • Pay is good for these parts, especially if you stick with it for a few years (in 80 reviews)

• Good work life balance: people in our office arrive around 10am and leave by 7pm (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Management uses strong arm tactics while telling you about work/life balance (in 46 reviews)

• Upper management don't keep to their word, will Lie thru their teeth in your face (in 110 reviews)

More Highlights

Constant Struggle

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great co-workers, discounted tv, bonues for meeting metrics, bonuses when you sell items. depending on position take home vehicle, pay is good.

Cons

benefits are horrible high deductibles, get scored off of metrics that you have absolutely no control over, management plays favorites, horrible hours, no set schedule constantly changing.and are never informed when it is changed.

treat everyone equal, stop with all the micro mananging

Still America's worst company to work for

Former Employee - Financial Analyst II in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst II in Denver, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Opportunities to influence decision making through analysis and present to senior levels of management from the FP&A group.

Cons

Poor benefits. Poor treatment of employees. Overall sentiment that senior leadership's words and actions are not coordinated.

Invest more in personnel. Look to foster an environment of speaking up with new ideas that are supported with data rather than demand more hours on the checkin/checkout clock.

Great Team.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Pine Brook, NJ
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Pine Brook, NJ

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The teams are filled with great people. Training is ok as well.

Cons

There are 8 different call cues and it's like playing runlet. one day you may be put in one that has been screamed as more affluent areas that will pass the credit check. Some get the poor areas. They choose how the calls are roughed.

Treat you staff like they are humans and don't try to find a way to use Hurricane Sandy to fire people. If a company can use a disaster to do this imagine what else they can or have done.

A company that I do not mind waking up on Monday mornings for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are many opportunities to move up in the company. Dish is a company that values and rewards its employees by trying to fill any open positions internally first. Many positions are in Dish's corporate headquarters and as such they offer relocation reimbursement.

They also go to great lengths to gather the feedback of their employees on how to improve the culture. When they were named the worst company to work for two years in a row they really committed to turn around the employee sentiment. I have been with the company for over six years. I have lasted through the years when they didn't value their employees and I am really happy to see what they have done so far. Every year they conduct an anonymous survey from every employee. They take a few of the biggest items every year, focus their efforts on fixing them and take steps to make sure that those issues do not come back again.

Cons

Their health insurance has a very high deductible. It is difficult to pull some teams off the phones because of call volume. They do not have as many paid holiday's and vacation days as other companies.

Keep listening to your employees on what to improve.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..."

Current Employee - Site Manager in Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - Site Manager in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

99% of the people I have had the privilege to work within the past 7 years are some of the most honest, hard-working, caring, and humorous I've ever met. Dish gives us the opportunity to make this a career and not just a job. From Agents to Managers there are opportunities to travel, give personal feedback for improvements, and participate in changes. On every salary level this is a fast paced and tough job with challenges daily. Top performers are rewarded monetarily and/or through career opportunities. The Hilliard CSC is consistently ranked the top site in Dish and it's because of the hard work and dedication of its employees.

Cons

To the 1% of the current and past employees who hide behind an anonymous website to criticize, spread rumors, and blatantly lie....from Teddy Roosevelt's speech commonly called 'The Man in the Arena' I will say this to you: "It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." So to those who are not in the ‘arena’ with the rest of us to make Dish, Hilliard, and this team better; I 'm really not interested in your criticism. Come talk to me face to face - you know where my office is.

Our culture is ever changing and improving. We need to keep focus on the positive, recognize those who do well and those who try their hardest. Continue to improve the site from the suggestions we get from our employees. There will always be the ‘naysayers’ but those are the minority. Keep your heads high and keep working hard to make this a great place to work!

Its going downhill quick

Current Employee - Coach in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Coach in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The people that I work with on daily basis are great are the reason I am still here.

Cons

The management team are liars & hypocrites. The company spent all the time and money training people on new leadership concepts but don't practice it themselves. They lived and breathed it while the training was going on and then forgot it once the trainning ended. They don't take advice of their employees or take the time to give them any kind of feedback.

EVP's should start listening to the voice of thier coaches and not just the agents. Its pretty offensive when Bernie Han basically says he only cares about what the frontline agent has to say and that the coaches don't matter. You should really be listening to the voice of all your employees.

Good company, hard work but good compensation.

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

So far the experience has been a positive one. Managers are always helpful and on hand to help if the need arises. You get to meet new and interesting people everyday and you get to work outside. People love TV which means 90% of the time they are very happy to see you. The starting pay is good and there is usually an opportunity for overtime. There are a lot reward systems in place for techs that are quick and do quality work. Over all it is a good company to work for as far the installer side of it is concerned.

Cons

You are required to sell a decent amount of stuff, the market is saturated so dish has to make money elsewhere, not apposed to this but the quotas per office can be high. Some of the ways in the matrix system are backwards, in other words basically you have no control yet you get a negative point on your matrix.

I would like to see more stuff to sell because as stated before I'm not apposed to selling. The items we sell are good quality but the limited selection of items make it hard to hit quotas. Android tablets are pretty cheap these days, would be cool to see a tablet to sell maybe with some custom software on their like control of the hopper system ( remote, access to live TV on the tablet in the home,easy access to bill view and maybe something to report problems) just some ideas.

worst company I have ever worked for

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tulsa, OK

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

easy to get hired

Cons

felt like I became company property instead of a person working there. They want this job to be your life all else should be cancelled if they decide to add OT to your schedule even school finals booked months ahead. mandatory OT one day for no reason them mandatory time off w/o pay to make up for it. the whole place feels tense all the time. all but no training!! I have worked at other call centers even other tv providers this place is really bad. I did like my supervisor, felt sorry for him sometimes since he got no trainer either, and most of my coworkers it could have been so much better

work with people on scheduling for the big things in life like school. if you want employees to have your service, making it easier to help customers, supply all services free. Happy employees equal happy customers

Satellite TV Technician/Installer

Current Employee - Satellite TV Technician/Installer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Satellite TV Technician/Installer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Dish offers competitive benefits and an opportunity for growth. Excellent training , classroom and on the job, before your first assignment.

Cons

Position consists of 10hour to 12 hour working days and requires that you have a extremely flexible schedule. Must be available weekdays, weekend, and holidays

Position could

Awful upper management

I worked at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay, bright employees, interesting work

Cons

Upper management clueless to the everyday concerns of the employees. Morning badge report was very off-putting. Employees are treated as if they are children who need constant supervision.