DISH Reviews

Updated April 20, 2015
2089 reviews filtered by

Good people and benefits if you like the call center life

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at DISH full-time (less than a year)

Pros

good people, good benefits, decent pay, lots of give aways (shirts, prizes for upselling, ect), free TV for employees.

Cons

angry customers, takedown of channels (awful calls to deal with). On the phone/starring at a computer for 8 hours. 1 month into my job they got a new CEO and started requiring mandatory overtime for everyone and if you didn't show up for it each week it counted against you for attendance.

Culture change? I am still waiting for it.

Current Employee - Salaried Employee- Manufacturing Center in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Salaried Employee- Manufacturing Center in El Paso, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have a manager who supports me a great deal and I enjoy what I do for the most part. Tuition reimbursement is great and so is the free satellite service. Our insurance premiums are decent too compared to market place. There is room to grow if you are willing to relocate.

Cons

Dish's big push to change the culture is not making an impact in El Paso to the degree I would prefer to see it. We still have a lot of employees who do not want to make effort to change our environment. They criticize attempts without offering input. We have to work on our attitudes with one another if we want to create a pleasant work environment. Additionally, I still do not agree with forcing salaried employees to work specidic number of hours to help HPU. Most salaried employees can successfully manage their responsibility within 40 hours and to ask them to stay longer will take time away from their family and personal life. This is conflictive as we tell employees we want to change the culture and then question them when they don't hit 45 worked hours. If we want to take our full lunch then we have to remain there 50 hours.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to cut loose those who are bringing the ship down. There are plenty of people in El Paso that can come on board and help change the toxic environment we have created for ourselves. We shouldn't have to wait for upper management to fly in and clean house for us again.

3. Great company to work for., training and support available for first time call center experience.

I worked at DISH full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Inbound calls, sales are optional.

Cons

Worked during a takedown, tough calls!

Advice to Management

None

5. Lots of flexibility and work life balance for proven employees in the right department.

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Hardworking and down to earth employees, flexibility for work/ life balance of in home office role, challenging work. Company staying on top of the times, possibly lots of good changes ahead with spectrum purchases made recently.

Cons

Very little flexibility at corporate, but not much room for growth if not at corporate. Benefits are not good.

Advice to Management

Work on improving culture- increase work flexibility for deserving employees, improve benefits, 401k matching, and annual salary increases for good employees.

Commercial CSR III

I worked at DISH

Pros

Easy to access location. Set schedule.

Cons

Horrible attendance policy. Poor benefits.

7. Very good company to work for.

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH

Pros

The company is always looking ahead in its business plan. Given the DBS industry is maturing, DISH is always looking for the next big thing in technology.

Cons

DISH still suffers the stigma from the past of being a terrible company to work for. The reality is that it is a good company to work for. Perceptions unfortunately exist to the opposite.

You will learn how too and not to if you pay attention

Former Employee - Inside Sales Lead
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Lead

I worked at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great income potential, decent time off from the start and an overall good group of employees. Easy product to sell just a matter of finding the money and making the most out of your opportunities.

Cons

They will take your money at every turn, they manage by fear and fail to empower their employees to get a buy in to the companies success. Direct Sales is treated as though they are a third party and there is an overwhelming sense of no connection and the leadership is misaligned and will routinely contradict one another.

Additionally their benefits package is laughable and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Advice to Management

Embrace your people, make them feel wanted and valued, give them peace of mind and security through better benefits combined with a more realistic PTO plan that makes sense. Stop blindly giving and taking $$ from everyone and start empowering the team to do what is right because they care about the customer and the company not because you will take their money away for menial mistakes that "may or may not" cost you money down the road.

Keep looking

I worked at DISH

Pros

Company invests in good training. They do seem to care about training people.

Cons

No room to grow and they do not pay high enough. They hire from outside to fill positions that can be filled internally

Change is something that happens in every company, this one struggles to find a way to make it seem comfortable.

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent bonus structure and perks

Cons

Management change there approach and thought processes, last week this process was best practice, tomorrow you may be given a consult.

Advice to Management

Stick with a plan give it a chance to succeed or fail. If it fails then at least it was given a chance and move on to another plan

" Loved My Job At Dish "Laid Me Off, After Almost 9 Years" Field Service Manager

Former Employee - Field Service Manager in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Field Service Manager in Phila, PA

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good Company to work, I would guess depending on what your position. Great co-workers. Like most jobs, you get out of the job, what you put in, decent salary..bonuses for top performance.

Cons

For me, there were no cons, I put my heart into Dish for over 8 years and was Laid Off, said they were restructuring. Lead my team in Sales and most metrics for almost 2 years and they told me, it was my past performance before that. Really 3 years ago..I just didn't understand where that came from...Since Dish recently restructured upper management" they got rid of the GM positions across the board, so in my particular office the GM was offered the Operations Manager position and the Operations Manager was offered the Field Service position, which they both accepted...so manager ended up being bump down to a Field Service Manager almost 2 months before I was laid off , so I should have seen the writing on the wall.. I wasn't even going to post this review but glasdoor wouldn't let me continue to look at other job posting reviews, till I did.

Advice to Management

I think Dish is really headed in the right direction, I just wish upper management would have offered me a position, even if it were a notch below, what I was doing...instead of just throwing me out, after 8 plus years of service...God Bless