DISH

1,889 Reviews

DISH Director, President and CEO Joseph Clayton
Joseph Clayton
1,213 Ratings

Pros
  • Pay is good for these parts, especially if you stick with it for a few years (in 86 reviews)

• Good work life balance: people in our office arrive around 10am and leave by 7pm (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Management uses strong arm tactics while telling you about work/life balance (in 49 reviews)

• Upper management don't keep to their word, will Lie thru their teeth in your face (in 110 reviews)

More Highlights

False Promises Made by Terrible Management

Former Employee - Anonymous in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time

Pros

The people working security are generally nice and helpful. Unfortunately that is where the positives stop. Once you pass through the gates, prepare for your soul to die.

Cons

The management in the accounting department put up an appearance that they care about each employee and the improvement of the department as a whole. In reality, this could not be further from the truth. From the controller down to the lowest level supervisors, leadership is full of liars, cowards, and managers full of false promises just to make themselves look good. They will promise to work with you on your growth and development, false. They will promise to listen to what each employee has to say and aim to make changes, false. If an employee goes to HR or voices an opinion about issues in the department, they won't even say a word or look you in the eye as they make "head count issues." Only a coward will walk you to HR and then leave without saying a word. I have no respect for management in the accounting department as people, and would not wish working for them on my worst enemy.

As far as benefits go, they are awful. Should you get injured, expect to have a spare $12k just hanging around. Trying to get FMLA approved is like pulling teeth and they are not afraid to escort you out of the building, no ride, in the snow, can't walk, increasing medical bills, on your first day back without the decency to even thank you for the work that you did.

The CEO is a mindless pawn for the chairman. He is guaranteed to say at least one offensive statement at every All Team Meeting. When asked a question, he never knows the answer, only will be until he hands the microphone over to somebody who knows what is going on.

Grow a pair

Male Dominated

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

pay, tuition reimbursement, sick leave and paid time off

Cons

Committed years to Dish for nothing. No promotions on the contrary they push you down and hire white males to take your position. They are not intelligent they might have a degree that came out of a cracker jack box and they will ask those who are below them for tips on how to do their job. Buts that's okay because there are plenty of women whose ideas they can steal, confidence they can stump on and life they can suck up.

Life is over

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

Receiving a discounted tv package and ato

Cons

The health insurance is terrifying. Overtime a lot. We are told its voluntary but in reality it's mandatory. Politics weighs highly here. I have seen great employees get passed on promotions for employees that have slept with a manager. I do not appreciate a company being ran this way. Hr is always in the office and never gives out correct information. Can you please come and talk to your employees? The job is stressful. Lots of pressure. New leadership is needed now. Please get rid of the bed bugs. Pay more.

Read above

Love the good reviews piling in all the sudden. Hmmm voted worst company to work for last 2 years.

Current Employee - Tech
    Current Employee - Tech

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

None of the top of my head.

Cons

Too many to name. It would take all day.

Be a tech for a week.

No opportunites to grow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

tuiton rembursement and 401k and easy job

Cons

Being with Dish for to long and worked very hard to get promoted but they tell me that I dont qualify for higher positon. They dont care if I know alot they give promotions to white guys who dont know nothing and I have to show them how to do their job. Is not fair that the white guy get paid more and he does not know more then me. I am also tired of promises that they make to us in growing with the company. They lie alot.

be fair to employees that work hard to get promoted.

Dispatch management are idiots

Former Employee - Filed Resource (Fancy for Dispatch) in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Filed Resource (Fancy for Dispatch) in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

At least it's a job?!?!

Cons

I got fired for FOLLOWING company policy. Company policy says you have a two minute grace period to clock in to your shift. I come in on a regular basis @ 6:31 and got fired. All military management. They should realize they are not in the military while at Dish. What a joke.

Pull your head out!!

We need a union to make things right for workers

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

I worked at DISH as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

It’s better than nothing, can get away with not working and still get paid, get promotions and pay raises if you become part of the mob. Can do your school work during working hours!!!! : ) Dish pays not only for your tuition but allows you to use computer w/internet to do school work. All you have to do is clock in or not and be part of the mob. Definition of mob; management and human resources just to be clear.

Cons

If you are not part of the mob then you are against them and well you won’t get all the benefits such as getting paid even if you don’t show up. Doing school work when you do show up. If you are a woman look elsewhere unless you don’t mind having a male on top of you and I mean that literally. Discrimination screams at you it’s a disgrace and they are not ashamed of such behavior. Dish looks down at women.

I won’t waste my time giving advice to an ignorant corporation. My advice is to the current customers and potential customers; Do all American’s a favor and don’t support a corporation that demeans women

Rigid Structure - Huge Pond Limited Advancement - Poor Benefits

Former Employee - Sales in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Sales in Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Steady full time constantly changing work requirements and periodically changing schedules. Overtime available most of the time. Conditional bonuses and incentives are available. Ground Floor stepping stone employment..

Cons

Employee turnover is enormous. If you are sick, on paid vacation, injured or are otherwise unavoidably detained you will forfeit accumulated incentive/bonus for not working required overtime hours. You progressively forfeit portion or all bonus/incentive for even minor QA infractions. If computer logs you in 1 minute late you forfeit relevant holiday pay. Need thick skin to tolerate angry, abusive customers, screaming agents and Team Leaders.

Need to find ways to not penalize employees for being human and to support internal growth. Foster top down consistent collaborative management focused on removing burn out and embedded obstacles to success. For committed employees interested in advancement, or needing change, company might consider pertinent training assistance.

Yes, it's as bad as they say

Former Employee - Manager in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Manager in Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, great people to work with (not for)

Cons

-Badge report still exists no matter what they tell you in the interview so be prepared to come to work just to badge in and THEN go to your doctors appointment. Or to have the conversation with your manager of why you had to leave before 4:30
    -Management is terrible. They all live in fear of the Chairman - who still has a heavy hand in day to day operations
    -New management has come in from the largest CPG company in the world....and they are terrible. All of them. They are trying to make DISH into their old company
    -Medical benefits are horrific. Be prepared to put aside at least $10,000 before any benefits kick in.
    -Work/Life balance is nonexistent - when you ask management how they juggle kids and work their response is "tough"
    -Cheapest company around - you will share a hotel room every time you travel. And if there's only a double bed available? You will share that bed with your colleague.

Good then bad then horrible

Current Employee - Hopper White Glove in Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - Hopper White Glove in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Free tv service and it's a job

Cons

Benefits are bad with a stunning 5000 $ deductible. Attendance policy is good for people that don't get sick. Doctor excuses not accepted. Expectations of the job continue to get harder and no end in sight. If they want to fire you they will. It's easy to find something when 100% of all calls are recorded. Sales, techs and customer service are not trained on same policies which cause negative customer impact. The customer service is left with cleaning it up in under 5 min flat with tight metric expectations. Upselling required and part of your metrics. Recently they did shift bids and regardless of how you performed unless you worked in a specific department you don't get the desired shifts. This place is so high stress and toxic but some people like myself it's all we know which is why we stay. If you need a job come to dish. If you want a career go to McDonald's you will have better luck. I'm a 5 year agent.

Keep it simple stupid.