DISH Reviews

2,205 Employee Reviews

"ALMOST" - Recent Bloomberg Business Interview w Ergen

Former Employee - Marketing and Corporate Communications in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Marketing and Corporate Communications in Denver, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

NONE - noticed multiple postings that DISH helped them grow, anyone claiming that the DISH experience helped them is delusional. Having DISH Network on your resume is a red flag. You are tainted meat, needing to be discarded. The recent Bloomberg interview with Ergen didn't go as deep as it should have. It did give a brief glimpse into the inner workings of this greed-headed weasel, but not nearly enough red meat was stripped off the carcass. The line re "over achievers" was repeated a few times. SPOILER ALERT - most humans can't hit Charlie's definition of over achiever. So the remaining 99% will require STRONG DRINK, or a damn good therapist to make the DISH experience work.

Cons

The back to back "Worst Company to Work for in the US" is well deserved, and shall return like the worst case of herpes imaginable, Chuck.

Advice to Management

Over achievers can't save you. There were over achievers at Auschwitz, pretty sure. And you really can't polish a turd.

The best is yet to come....

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mover and shaker company, visionary, overall great people, company invested in training managers and employees, growth and opportunity always encouraged.

Cons

Challenges with communication, employee morale. Rate of change can be too fast.

Advice to Management

Be as invested in your team as possible, at all levels, if possible. Engage, encourage, and empathize with your employees. Help them understand the why's of change, and communicate to them as best you can that journey.

Treat all of your employees fairly

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Free TV service
    - Co-workers are supportive
    - Steady paycheck every two weeks
    - I got to keep my job after referring 30+ people to be customers last year (I got a free iPad and PS4 also for an outstanding job)

Cons

Unfair treatment of technicians. RM gave techs refer code to get a PS4 and nothing happened to him. FSM's did the same but on an account that wasn't theirs, they got to keep their jobs also. Everybody knew about it in the office and did it, but only techs got fired. Too much blame shifting to make it look like techs were at fault. I was lucky and got to keep my job since I wasn't one of the first to be called in for an interview. Thank you HR for the hookup.

Advice to Management

Treat all your employees fairly regardless of their position or title. What you guys have done within that past month can be seen as preferential treatment. Disciplinary action should be the same across the board for everybody involved in the refer a friend program.

Our best days are ahead

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

Opportunity to be part of changing technology. Ongoing leadership training. Energetic, fun environment with great coworkers.

Cons

Benefits could be improved. Silos are coming down, but we need more attention on collaboration between departments.

Advice to Management

We need to ensure we balance employees in the mix. You are headed in the right direction. Don't let up and continue to care for employees and make DISH a great place to work.

Field Service Specialist 1 - Remote Install Tech

Former Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Craig, CO
    Former Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Craig, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I basically worked from home. I didn't have a manager looking over my shoulder every second. I was responsible for managing my time efficiently, and only occasionally had a manager show up on a job sight to touch bases with me. Great position for independent people who work well alone. Normal schedule was only 4 days/wk. Lots of OT

Cons

I probably spent more time driving than actually doing installs. Lots of driving.
    Occasionally had problems receiving correct resupplies.
    Some managers liked to nitpick small things when they would show up on a job sight.
    Work itinerary would sometimes be changed in the middle of the day without notice, or extra jobs would be added to the end of your shift after you thought you were done for the day.

Analyst/Developer

Current Employee - Developer/Analyst in Superior, CO
    Current Employee - Developer/Analyst in Superior, CO

I have been working at DISH

Pros

Not a lot of work all the time

Cons

Bad benefits
    Strict timings
    not flexible

Advice to Management

Stop treating the company like a school

Terrible Workplace

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist II in The Woodlands, TX
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist II in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You are able to start off at a decent pay and meet new people.

Cons

There is a huge lack of opportunities within the company. They do not want to promote you because they are constantly changing and finding ways to hold you back.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to your employees and give out more and equal opportunity for advancement.

Field Service Technician

Former Employee - Field Service Technician II in Salisbury, MD
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician II in Salisbury, MD

I worked at DISH

Pros

The only pro about working there is you can say "hey at least I have a job".

Cons

So most these reviews so mandatory over time. You make on national average $15 so I dont see how you can survive on forty hours a week with that. I took all the OVT I could get and yes it sucked sometimes but it wasn't that frequent. Be prepared, they only care about sales. You sign up to be a technician but they can care less whether you spent six hours at one job long as you sold something. Don't sell that day or two days in a row expect a phone call. They will harass the hell out of you about that. The monthly quota when I started in 2013 was $150 a month and went to $700 a month! Some months I did good, sometimes I didn't. Not my fault people didn't want to buy. I brought our merchandise in every job. On my days off I would get several phone calls until I answered to talk about my lack of sales.

One of the worse things about Dish is the metric systems for technicians. Every time a vast majority of techs hit goals and get bonuses they will change the metric system the next quarter, so yea, they can change it 4 times a year. The metrics simply are not fair. Customers order the Hopper and they dont have internet you are penalized. Someone missing a TV at the install and you TAGGED the account, still goes against you. They say they will reevaluate , but they don't. Customer tells you to put it on the roof and calls up three days later says he didn't tell you do that, guess what. They get a whole new roof. You are allowed a damage claim fund which is about $4000 a year. Small house, new shingles will eat about half of that. Leave a rut in the yard because there is snow and they didn't clear the driveway, thats about $1000.

The absolutely worse part about working there is you work in any and all conditions. any where from -15 below to 115 degrees. Management will tell you to do something that might be border line legal to say OSHA's regulations, but they will not go to bat for you to save their life.

The benefits are some of the worse in the country. Worthless as all hell.

Just remember when you apply and shake your new supervisors hand, you are looking at the next Lex Luther.

Advice to Management

Judges and lawyers don't have souls. Neither does Dish Network Field Service Managers nor Operation Managers.

Operation manager is a cutthroat

Former Employee - Level Four Technician (Marco) in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Level Four Technician (Marco) in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome 4 day schedule, CO workers ,free tv service,.money is OK I guess but could be alone better for the work that techs do

Cons

Give a lot of days off to employees when work is slow,managers don't have your back,only care about sales because tv service is horrible. When work is slow they accuse you of breaking rules and terminate people,3 in one week

Advice to Management

None because management only cares about themselves, especially operations managers

11. Decent pay. Hard work!

Current Employee - Dish Network Installer in Temple, GA
    Current Employee - Dish Network Installer in Temple, GA

I have been working at DISH

Pros

Excellent training. They provide all of your needed equipment.

Cons

The pace is relentless and unforgiving.

Showing 2,205 of 2,233 reviews