DISH Reviews

1,788 Reviews

DISH Director, President and CEO Joseph Clayton
Joseph Clayton
1,147 Ratings

Pros
  • Pay is good for these parts, especially if you stick with it for a few years (in 79 reviews)

• Good work life balance: people in our office arrive around 10am and leave by 7pm (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Management uses strong arm tactics while telling you about work/life balance (in 46 reviews)

• Upper management don't keep to their word, will Lie thru their teeth in your face (in 109 reviews)

More Highlights

Steady

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Coach in Alvin, TX
    Current Employee - Advanced Technical Coach in Alvin, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The environment is excellent. Laid back and the career path is rapid. As long as you do the job required you can move up quick.

Cons

Leadership sticking to one task. We get one direction one day then the next day its totally different.

Communication is key. As coaches we would like better opportunities to receive bonuses instead of our bonus being based off of 20 other agents

Had a good experiance

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I enjoyed the work and had been given several opportunities to advance my career.

Cons

I think recognition in my department could have been much better, leadership could have been more concise.

Recognize your employees - whether they are the ones selling, or supporting sales, recognize people for the hard work they put in. No position is too small to go unrecognized.

Very work intense

Current Employee - Satellite Technician in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Satellite Technician in Augusta, GA

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Above average pay a lot of overtine and it's pretty much you do what you feel situation calls for good

Cons

Physically demanding torrent health insurance sucks mandatory over time long hours

Fix the insurance its pretty bad

Awful upper management

I worked at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay, bright employees, interesting work

Cons

Upper management clueless to the everyday concerns of the employees. Morning badge report was very off-putting. Employees are treated as if they are children who need constant supervision.

I worked at DISH

Pros

The pay was a little better than average and the training was so much more than you would have imagined.

Cons

The training did not help with a majority of your calls because the general population is selfish and impatient when it comes to their television. You were also expected to get them off of the phone quickly which was almost impossible when they had a hard time understanding why you could not just flip a switch and make it work.

Realize that employees are not all machines or miracle workers and reward them for successes even if it takes longer than you want it to due to the lack of cooperation you run into with a lot of customers.

worst company I have ever worked for

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tulsa, OK

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

easy to get hired

Cons

felt like I became company property instead of a person working there. They want this job to be your life all else should be cancelled if they decide to add OT to your schedule even school finals booked months ahead. mandatory OT one day for no reason them mandatory time off w/o pay to make up for it. the whole place feels tense all the time. all but no training!! I have worked at other call centers even other tv providers this place is really bad. I did like my supervisor, felt sorry for him sometimes since he got no trainer either, and most of my coworkers it could have been so much better

work with people on scheduling for the big things in life like school. if you want employees to have your service, making it easier to help customers, supply all services free. Happy employees equal happy customers

Great Team.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Pine Brook, NJ
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Pine Brook, NJ

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The teams are filled with great people. Training is ok as well.

Cons

There are 8 different call cues and it's like playing runlet. one day you may be put in one that has been screamed as more affluent areas that will pass the credit check. Some get the poor areas. They choose how the calls are roughed.

Treat you staff like they are humans and don't try to find a way to use Hurricane Sandy to fire people. If a company can use a disaster to do this imagine what else they can or have done.

awesome experience

Former Employee - International Customer Service Representative in Flushing, NY
    Former Employee - International Customer Service Representative in Flushing, NY

I worked at DISH full-time

Pros

It was my second job coming out of college... and I did not know what to expect.
    From the start, the training was excellent the best I have ever received in my professional career. I won the trainers choice award. And I was good at taking calls thanks to the training I received.
    Lots of bonuses
    If you perform well and do good, a lot of good things happen. I got a chance to sit in most of the corporate meetings, got to meet the EVP of the company and did many good things.
    Before applying I read a lot of negative stuff here but here is the thing, dish will help you if you put in hard work and make an effort. The job is tough for everyone but if you work hard then the company does go out of their way to help you a lot. I have had numerous occasion where I was dead wrong and if I was in other companies I would have been let go, but Dish let me work through my mistakes and improve.
    Chance to develop sales and marketing skills. Honestly, before Dish, I was not the sales person or have the business sense that I have today. You do get a lot of things going your way. Keep a positive attitude and you will make it. The negative reviews here are from people who didn't work hard enough. Yes there are some challenges, but what job is not challenging. before job I worked the easiest job in America (tutoring) and got paid 22 dollars per hour but even that was challenging at times so there is no such thing as an easy job. The training staff at Queens is world class and probably the best in the country so if you are in nyc you are in good hands.
    Really fun environment and diverse and some of the coolest and funniest people you will ever meet.

Cons

N/A because I worked hard there I got numerous chances to be put and sit in the corporate meetings where I gave feedback a lot of times and my voice was heard so I feel like my voice has already been listened to,
    Def apply there, and once you go there don't treat this as a job but treat it as a career, work on your stats and you can move up because dish promotes a lot from within and many jobs do open up. I literally know an agent that went from agent to corporate straight because of his prior experience. Will that happen to everyone? Probably not, but the point is, if you go in there with a right mindset then you can do a lot. Also, be willing to accept feedback. it's meant to help you grow from people who have walked the same path.

N/A

Yes, We Are Changing But We Are Keeping The Same Bad Habits’?!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

I have a stable check every two weeks, every day you have challenges that keeps you motivated to keep learning new things, to acquire experience so I can leave Dish for good as soon as a good opportunity comes up.

Cons

This is what I can see in the El Paso Manufacturing facility.
    Top executives and local senior management and HR keep saying that “Dish is changing”, that “We are going to make Dish a better place to work”, “Please complete the employee’s engagement surveys as your feedback is valuable”. Well I guess is a lot of talk and little action.
    I am a salary employee at Dish; some of the reasons that salary employees such as engineers, supervisors HR personnel, and others leave Dish is due to the low pay, long hours, lack of recognition, and lack of opportunities of advancement. Dish keeps saying that they want their employees to have a good work-life balance; how can this be possible? Senior management and HR keeps reminding salary employees to at least put 45 hours (even if is not needed) of work as average per week besides the 1 hour lunch (take it or don’t take it they will deduct this from the total hours) so in reality they want you at least 50 hours a week that this is a requirement. Is incredible!!, is like if they are measuring the efficiency or productivity of an engineer, manager, HR rep, or supervisor by the amount of hours they are putting inside the facility instead of measuring their productivity based in the quality, efficiency of their teams, and cost savings projects among many other truthful concepts that can measure a salary employee’s performance.
    The opportunities of advancement at Dish are limited to only those that are in good standing with those in the positions of power so they will get promoted regardless of their performance, or educational background. Sad but true.
    Overall the moral of all employees is low.

If you really want to change the Dish culture, you need to start by changing some of your leaders and leadership style, and build a good HR team that really worries about the employees not only about DISH. You have many managers that are opposed to the changes in culture and leadership style. In the meetings, they agree to all the changes, but as soon as they go out from these, they go back to the bad habits.
    I honestly believe Dish can change if top executives really want to make changes. Dish needs to invest more in their employees to be able to grow even more as a company. Walk the talk!

I had an amazing team.

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked at Dish for one year and had an enjoyable experience. My team was okay but my managers and VP were amazing! They were very supportive, the work was challenging and I found most departments to be helpful. The pay was decent but nothing to brag about and the benefits were about what you expect anywhere.

Cons

Many other teams were absolutely miserable and just sticking with the job until something better came along. One huge negative, they do not trust their employees. They used to run a badge report checking your hours. For those that need to be monitored fine but for those of us that work hard don't appreciate the distrust.