DISH

1,850 Reviews

DISH Director, President and CEO Joseph Clayton
Joseph Clayton
1,192 Ratings

Pros
  • Pay is good for these parts, especially if you stick with it for a few years (in 81 reviews)

• Good work life balance: people in our office arrive around 10am and leave by 7pm (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Management uses strong arm tactics while telling you about work/life balance (in 46 reviews)

• Upper management don't keep to their word, will Lie thru their teeth in your face (in 110 reviews)

More Highlights

You will eventually "Hate" working here.

Current Employee - CsrII in Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - CsrII in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You do get free Service, Lazy Man Attendance Policy and decent 401k. They Lowered their Pay Rate for new employees from 12 to 11 and no pay raise for speciality skills.

Cons

Everyone who just starts working here loves it but by their year anniversary they see the horrible work environment Dish has. So any review given by anyone with less then a year in, is inaccurate.

Benefits are high deductable, even worse after Obama Care. No support for esculated calls where customers are abusive.Customers are abusive because Dish Loses channels ALL THE TIME. It's so Executives can fatten their wallets. They don't hide this fact either. Turner Broadcasting was taken down because Charlie wants to pay less and then once a year on 1/17 we do a price increase.Work Schedules are horrible because even if you found one you liked, a team you liked and a coach you liked just another year away from a NEW shift bid process. All the negative reviews about favoritism are true. I happen to be in good favor though due to my metrics are above their expectations and I help out on the team to get others like mine. For most part coaches try their best to do right by their team it's their boss and higher that have a negative impact on company morale and values. There is room for advancement in the company but problem is there are people not advancing to certain positions holding up the process for those who want it. Based on their career ladder. Understand Call center work is a non stop change of policy everyday you either adapt or they fire you. Dish does changes everyday even several a day. They have a database of changes called "Community" thats how bad and often they change their policies. If they Fire you don't sign resignation papers its so they don't have to pay you unemployeement. An unemployement office will pay you because you were never prepared for those changes so "DON'T SIGN RESIGNATION PAPERS"

ALL of you need to fire yourselves. Just takes One manager of a center to step up and call CWA-UNION to turn this place around.

Still the worst company to work for

Current Employee - Business Analyst II in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Business Analyst II in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people they hire have potential.

Cons

You feel like you can loose your job at any moment. Management overlooks the employees that work hard. Every year the company fires people just so they can bring in new people and pay them less. This is a very greedy company that does not care about how long you have worked there or how many contributions you contributed, eventually they let everyone go. I can't wait to find another job so I can quit before they fire me like everyone else.

Be fair.

Favoritism all over again!!!!

Current Employee - Production Associate in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Production Associate in El Paso, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

401k,over time, free programming,p4p incentive,tuition reimbursement,gold coins, unpaid time off

Cons

Production Supervisors have favorites, they créate schedules for their leáds that are tardy, even if you move them cells same results. The depotism and retaliation continúe. You have cameras everywhere and you cant see the Céll 8 lead spend hours in the production office? Oh yeah he brings the Manager food! Supervisors going and buying cofee to Circle K when they should be supervising their teams? Who promotes and allows this nepitism? Mike Mcklaskey, please help, the favoritism continúes,

Audit your Supervisors and Managers, or wait until the ship sinks. Mr. Director do your Job and stop saying you walk the walk,don't even have the courtesy to say Good Morning?

No opportunities to grow: response

Current Employee - Manufacturing Supervisor in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Supervisor in El Paso, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

At least you spoke your mind. That's the beauty of glassdoor.

Cons

I think one of the first qualifications to grow is to speak/write proper English.

Horrible company and ignorant FSM's and Branch Managers

Current Employee - Remote Tech in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Remote Tech in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Auto deposit for pay, profit sharing

Cons

Everyone is afraid of what will happen to them if they are 1 minute late, or a customer calls with an issue, if a fly lands on a paper someone is wondering if they are going to get demoted for it. The culture of the company is fear, mistrust and lies. You are treated lower than dirt. They are trying to phase out the techs that have been here a long time so they can hire 2 for the price of one. They do this by cutting hours to 2 or three days a week, changing your days off constantly and making you work every weekend. They give you a weekend day off and then the next they take it away from you. Branch Managers are weasels who look out for themselves only and will throw you under a bus every time something comes along. It is a horrible place to work, I would rather die than work here but I have no choice at this time.

You are soul sucking people with no idea what happens in the field. You sit in your offices and dictate total nonsense to everyone else. Get your butt out in the field, shadow a tech for a few weeks. You know nothing of what we do.

No opportunites to grow

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

tuiton rembursement and 401k and easy job

Cons

Being with Dish for to long and worked very hard to get promoted but they tell me that I dont qualify for higher positon. They dont care if I know alot they give promotions to white guys who dont know nothing and I have to show them how to do their job. Is not fair that the white guy get paid more and he does not know more then me. I am also tired of promises that they make to us in growing with the company. They lie alot.

be fair to employees that work hard to get promoted.

Rigid Structure - Huge Pond Limited Advancement - Poor Benefits

Former Employee - Sales in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Sales in Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Steady full time constantly changing work requirements and periodically changing schedules. Overtime available most of the time. Conditional bonuses and incentives are available. Ground Floor stepping stone employment..

Cons

Employee turnover is enormous. If you are sick, on paid vacation, injured or are otherwise unavoidably detained you will forfeit accumulated incentive/bonus for not working required overtime hours. You progressively forfeit portion or all bonus/incentive for even minor QA infractions. If computer logs you in 1 minute late you forfeit relevant holiday pay. Need thick skin to tolerate angry, abusive customers, screaming agents and Team Leaders.

Need to find ways to not penalize employees for being human and to support internal growth. Foster top down consistent collaborative management focused on removing burn out and embedded obstacles to success. For committed employees interested in advancement, or needing change, company might consider pertinent training assistance.

We need a union to make things right for workers

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

I worked at DISH as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

It’s better than nothing, can get away with not working and still get paid, get promotions and pay raises if you become part of the mob. Can do your school work during working hours!!!! : ) Dish pays not only for your tuition but allows you to use computer w/internet to do school work. All you have to do is clock in or not and be part of the mob. Definition of mob; management and human resources just to be clear.

Cons

If you are not part of the mob then you are against them and well you won’t get all the benefits such as getting paid even if you don’t show up. Doing school work when you do show up. If you are a woman look elsewhere unless you don’t mind having a male on top of you and I mean that literally. Discrimination screams at you it’s a disgrace and they are not ashamed of such behavior. Dish looks down at women.

I won’t waste my time giving advice to an ignorant corporation. My advice is to the current customers and potential customers; Do all American’s a favor and don’t support a corporation that demeans women

Yes, it's as bad as they say

Former Employee - Manager in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Manager in Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, great people to work with (not for)

Cons

-Badge report still exists no matter what they tell you in the interview so be prepared to come to work just to badge in and THEN go to your doctors appointment. Or to have the conversation with your manager of why you had to leave before 4:30
    -Management is terrible. They all live in fear of the Chairman - who still has a heavy hand in day to day operations
    -New management has come in from the largest CPG company in the world....and they are terrible. All of them. They are trying to make DISH into their old company
    -Medical benefits are horrific. Be prepared to put aside at least $10,000 before any benefits kick in.
    -Work/Life balance is nonexistent - when you ask management how they juggle kids and work their response is "tough"
    -Cheapest company around - you will share a hotel room every time you travel. And if there's only a double bed available? You will share that bed with your colleague.

Male Dominated

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

pay, tuition reimbursement, sick leave and paid time off

Cons

Committed years to Dish for nothing. No promotions on the contrary they push you down and hire white males to take your position. They are not intelligent they might have a degree that came out of a cracker jack box and they will ask those who are below them for tips on how to do their job. Buts that's okay because there are plenty of women whose ideas they can steal, confidence they can stump on and life they can suck up.