DISH Reviews

Reset

2,278 Employee Reviews

1. Customer Service Representative

I worked at DISH full-time

Pros

Nice Work Enviroment Great Communication Within The Workplace Decent Pay plus Commission and Bonuses.

Cons

Schedule Bidding. A lot of different departments to get used to. Dr. Dish queue sucked to wait for.

Advice to Management

Better TEAM building classes. It takes a while to get to know your team when you're new.

In my opinion...

Current Employee - Business Ops Analyst II in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Business Ops Analyst II in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

DISH gives many people the opportunity to jumpstart and advance their career from an entry-level position. WIth the right leadership, development, passion, and a college degree, many employees move on to pursue very successful careers within the Customer Service Centers and Corporate Office.

Cons

DISH cannot effectively manage it's business because of micromanagement occuring at the executive level. DISH manages its business with very little input from the frontline employees. Projects, initiatives, training, etc are initiated, developed and pursued without properly engaging the appropriate audience(s). Up until a few years ago, DISH did a great job transitioning and promoting employees into new roles based on expertise, drive, and future-potential. Now, if you do not have a college degree, or if you are not pursuing a college degree, your opportunity for advancement is a very narrow window.

Advice to Management

Be present and work together to break down the barriers and silos that are rampant in the Corporate environment. These business models are crippling customer experience, agent morale, and employee development. Acknowledge that a company cannot expect all of its employees to think, breath, and live under one philosophy (linear, grid-based format). DISH should be evolving with the industry and training to the needs of the employees that it staffs. Recognize the talent in your employees through their hard work, dedication, persistence, and commitment to the company, not just a piece of paper (college degree).

3. Work hard for the money!

I have been working at DISH

Pros

Great! If you just want a check. Money was never a problem here, and they offer great incentives for top sellers. Free money, ipads, tvs, cars.

Cons

Must put in the time if you want the money. At least ten hours Overtime is required

Advice to Management

Was not a big fan of management as they were very unprofessional. It is a big popularity contest

5. Sales Agent

Former Employee - Inbound Sales Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good potential to make serious money, continual training, inbound calls from (no cold calling)

Cons

Only commission (commission payout seemed to change too often for anyone's liking), LONG hours (but if you're making money it is more acceptable to put in 60/70 + hrs/week, no overtime pay, close ratio is tough for some to attain

6. Good job

Current Employee - Remote Installation in Del City, OK
    Current Employee - Remote Installation in Del City, OK

I have been working at DISH (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, supportive atmosphere, okc management knows what they are doing and will get out there and work right along with you.

Cons

Short training in the field

Advice to Management

Give new techs the opportunity to train more in the field and not in the classroom.

7. Inside Sales Rep

I worked at DISH full-time

Pros

Co workers are wonderful Cafeteria is awesome Pay Plan has potential

Cons

Upper management is insensitive They don't make you feel comfortable to speak to then Do Not get sick! Your benefits will not help you. You will in up with medical bills. The insurance going covered $175 of my emergency surgery that costed 6k (including anesthesia) Once you get a schedule you are stuck with it If there is 10ft of snow you still have to make it t work in that weather.

Marketing Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to learn if one can stay away from the politics. Good career advancement opportunities.

Cons

Employee unfriendly environment. Policies are very rigid.

Advice to Management

Foster a better environment for the employees.

Don't confuse the ratings with corporate opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I will admit I was wary to start at DISH after reading the reviews, but most of the reviews come from front-line employees, not corporate. And yeah, those jobs probably do suck (call center agents, installers, etc.) But at corporate, I've had nothing but a great experience. If you are a culture fit, you have limitless options to grow at the company. The biggest pro is that you can transfer to another department that you have little to no experience in (if you're a good employee that is) and they will train you and help you learn a completely new skillset. If you have an all-arounder mentality, this is an awesome place you hone and develop new skills. You also don't have to wait a year for a promotion. I received one within my first 6 months.

Cons

Because the company is constantly growing with the industry, sometimes the path can be a bit unclear, you you have to figure things out together to move forward. Because of the constant change in certain areas, some departments can be a bit disorganized at times.

Advice to Management

There should be a marketing campaign to promote the DISH corporate employee brand. People get the wrong idea because of the call center agents and techs complaining... but corporate is a great place to work.

Great coworkers but enough of the belittling!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DISH (More than 3 years)

Pros

3 day weekends. Independent when out on route (to a point). Awesome and supportive coworkers. Plenty of overtime available. No job is the same.

Cons

Unattainable metrics to meet. Constantly reminded we are expendable. Lack of communication. Managers don't help, they are just there to tell us what we are doing wrong. Worked to breaking point but it is not seen by management. No real opportunity for career advancement.

Advice to Management

Trust that your techs know what they are doing. Listen to the techs instead of passing off whatever is said to another manager or upper management. Communicate with techs outside of email, especially if we are in person every day. Stop belittling and start uplifting. We are all adults. Revamp benefits to make them actually worth having. Take care of and appreciate your employees and your employees will be much happier.

DISH Network Job review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

The pay is ok, opportunity to move up in the company.

Cons

The work/life balance is bad. Health insurance not good.

Advice to Management

While it is good to strive to have world class customer service, look on trying to improve employee morale within the company.

Showing 2,278 of 2,308 reviews