DISH

1,956 Reviews

DISH Director, President and CEO Joseph Clayton
Joseph Clayton
1,254 Ratings

Pros
  • Pay is good for these parts, especially if you stick with it for a few years (in 86 reviews)

• Good work life balance: people in our office arrive around 10am and leave by 7pm (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Management uses strong arm tactics while telling you about work/life balance (in 49 reviews)

• Upper management don't keep to their word, will Lie thru their teeth in your face (in 110 reviews)

More Highlights

Dish

Current Employee - Customer Service in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service in New York, NY

I have been working at DISH

Pros

friendly atmosphere.You can work with people from around the world.

Cons

There is always soothing new, different updates,everything to improve a job.

Employees should be more important to Company than numbers.

Field Resource Coordinator

I worked at DISH

Pros

Great Management, great job, very busy and fast pace.

Cons

I really don't have anything to say at this time. I enjoyed it.

nothing at this time.

Still the worst company in America

Current Employee - Communications in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Communications in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH

Pros

Gaining experience in the entertainment industry.

Cons

My experience has been entirely negative and I can only caution anybody to work here. Despite the negative press, DISH has not changed for the better and badges reports, non-existing healthcare, complete lack of benefits and a rampant firing culture shape this company. If you have other options, I suggest avoiding it at all costs.

Start treating your employees like humans.

2.7 Rating is a joke! It is obvious that management has been padding these reviews

Current Employee - Senior Analyst Developer in Meridian, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst Developer in Meridian, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free TV, great and supportive peers

Cons

Upper Management is a joke. They say we are improving the culture but it is untrue, we are going back to the old ways of doing things when we were voted "Worst Company to work for in America" for 2 years running. They continue to treat experienced SALARIED employees as if they were hourly workers. IT Developers put in many, many extra hours in the building and from home and they are never given comp time. Foreign workers feel as though they are trapped because DISH will help sponsor them, and they don't have as many opportunities to use their great talents and look elsewhere. They are also under-compensated for their work and skills, it is like slave labor. The benefits are extremely poor from the vacation/sick time to the absolutely horrible health care package. Run away or stay away unless you have no other options.

Stop lying and look towards true permanent change.

Very demanding work and constant staff reductions

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist
    Current Employee - Inventory Specialist

I have been working at DISH

Pros

Challenging work, kept busy most of the time, ability to work alone

Cons

Constant reduction of support staff and even management. Upper management is clueless on the day to day requirements imposed on people. Medical benefits are average at best

Learn what you people do and how long it takes to do it... Show some loyalty to people.

Enjoyed my peers

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at DISH part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed the people that I worked with and the wage given was really great.

Cons

Only would give warehouse part time hours. The upper management seemed to rule by fear and that just trickled down through all levels. Not very good communication.

So much potential if it weren't for upper management....

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Compensation was decent and the benefits were ok, the best part about DISH was the never ending opportunity for interesting and impactful projects. A lot of the lower level staff are also extremely dedicated to the company, at times to a fault though given upper management regularly abused their power.

Cons

Individual departments are run like fiefdoms, some of upper management have been with DISH for many years and are in their positions not because of skill but because of their longevity. One VP in particular liked to ask questions in a manner to entrap a person in a wrong answer, it seemed that they got a kick out of watching staff cry. Unfortunately this type of behavior was in no way unique, yelling in particular becomes very popular the further up you rise towards the Chairman. If you don't know how to play office politics well, this is not the company for you.

Purge some of the old timers, the experience they have with DISH's antiquated systems and processes isn't worth the major damage they are doing to morale and in causing the loss of skilled talent.

This was hands down the Worst company I have ever worked for

Former Employee - Commercial Technical Support in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Commercial Technical Support in Littleton, CO

I worked at DISH

Pros

My coworkers were fun and pleasant to work with.. My last supervisor was knowledgeable and helpful.

Cons

When I was hired I was told I would only be taking commercial calls at $11.55 hr with pay for performance bonuses. That lasted 2 months and they took that away leaving many of us at $12.13 hr. Residential side still kept their bonuses although we were taking a large percentage of their calls and still had to dress professionally while they got to wear jeans daily. onuses and recognition consist of a free Jeans Day or a couple of slices of Pizza. Yet many of the employees still drive themselves very hard to try and work with the lack of information and the poor training they are given along with very low pay. The real kicker...a recent FOX Takedown incentive offered to employees for perfect attendance from 1/3/15 to 1/16/15 ($100.00 extra on your next paycheck) and an additional $50.00 for each 4 hours overtime worked during that time. The offer was posted on Community page and then mysteriously taken down 2 days later. After working very hard adhering to the perfect attendance and doing 8 hours of overtime I was denied the bonuses on my Final Paycheck (I turned in my resignation) in lieu of a better offer with a substantially larger pay offer...I was denied the bonuses when they changed their rules after the offer ended because I was not there for the rest of the month which was not even a part of the original incentive offer.

Focus on honesty, Integrity and training rather than ego and stature. Also, put the coaches and management thru some courses on professionalism and how to treat people who already feel degraded due to low pay and lack of acceptable recognition for their hard work.

Constantly lied to

Current Employee - FSS IV in Amarillo, TX
    Current Employee - FSS IV in Amarillo, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The pay if you can make it a few years.

Cons

Punished for customers cancelling appointments. Punished for customers not having internet connectivity. Punished for customers giving you a bad score after working hard to make them happy. Been here for seven years, have been awarded the highest award in the company and have been passed over for management five times.

Shut up and listen to the people in the field.

Beware

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Christiansburg, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Christiansburg, VA

I worked at DISH

Pros

Most of the people are great. Good personalities and alot of people who really care about developing and helping others. At a local stand point dish does alot for the community and foe the most part works as best they can with employees concidering the type of job it is. Essentially if you come in and do your job you can succeed there.

Cons

My biggest con is that after investing 5 years into the company and putting in so much effort as a supervisor to help not only my agents but the site and the company i was terminated for something i had no control of. Someone took it upon themselves to write a hideous and slanderous email filled with lies about me and sent it out as if i was the one to send it and they sent it to site leaders, HR and several other employees. Dish addmittes that they didn't believe it was from me but because of the "content and the distraction" that they would have to terminate me. They failed to protect my best interest after i protected theirs for years. A simple investigation could have been done but it wasn't and instead of offerinf options like relocation they dropped me like it was nothing. My best suggestion is if you work at dish try not to stand out and over perform because someone will be jealous, someone will hate on you and if theu decide to soil your name you will be defenseless because dish wont be there for you.

Be there for your employees