DISH Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

2,355 Employee Reviews

1. Good Opportunity - INSIDE SALES-

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

Fairly consistent sales position in which you take warmed inbound calls. TV prices are best on the market. A good amount of autonomy in how you work, overtime is almost always available if you hit your numbers. Pay is multiplicative so can be great when you're doing well. Local management is very supportive and energetic.

Cons

The way in which metrics work can be stressful, the constant changes to company policies, products, and metrics can be difficult to keep up with. Due to pay structure working at least 50 hours/week is essentially required to make decent money.

Advice to Management

Continue efforts to collect feedback from employees with roundtables and meetings for both policy changes and advertising adjustment. Opening up new lines of communication between Inside Sales and the other departments would be very helpful and improve customer experience as well as employee understanding. Pay structure needs some tweaking to be more consistent.

2. Not bad

Former Employee - Supervisor in Draper, VA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Draper, VA

I worked at DISH (Less than a year)

Pros

Money, people you work with. Indoors

Cons

Everything else was horrible and made me hate working

Advice to Management

Listen to your people.

New Leader, New Life at DISH

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The new Site Leader has done nothing but make this a better place to be. He has transformed the building, and is transforming the people and the other leaders in the building. He admits the opportunities and is honest with his answers. I am impressed at the changes he has made. I have been here 5 years and have never seen the site have a better culture and better morale. Dish offers tons of opportunity, and the leaders are now being required to help you prepare for that opportunity. The people are great, the site is clean and a nice place to work. It just keeps getting better.

Cons

If you are negative or want to be a bully or inconsiderate of others you will not make it here. The days of favoritism and being pushed around are over. There are only a handful of truly negative people left. The health insurance could be better. Shift bids are terrible.

Advice to Management

The management of Melissa, Diana, Romero, OB and Bob keep doing it. I know that it has been almost a year, but Dish Phoenix is better than it has ever been. The fear is gone, the negativity is going away. With each old school negative person that leaves, you have made the place better and better. Keep focusing on developing us, keep having roundtables, keep caring. You are winning and it is working.

NO FUTURE AT DISH

Former Employee - Field Service Specialist in Benicia, CA
    Former Employee - Field Service Specialist in Benicia, CA

I worked at DISH (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of money to be made

Cons

unrealistic expectations. poor management. no opportunities for advancement

A lot to gain for a lot of pain

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunity for growth; challenge, chance to really make a difference in the results for a company. If you are strong enough, you can step into some very important roles from a relatively young / inexperienced position.

Cons

The culture is not a lie. You are in fact a commodity when you work here, do not think that POV changes. I was able to advance quickly to senior level positions and even at that point I was still a commoditized asset.

Everybody is expendable. Time to start looking for something new.

Current Employee - Coach in Christiansburg, VA
    Current Employee - Coach in Christiansburg, VA

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pros would be working with the agents and developing them and seeing their growth. I've been able to make a few really close friends in this place. A few that I will call life long friends. Pay is decent, comp days, paid holidays, and mental health time(sick time) is good to have. My old team had a really good lead who should be promoted but management doesn't like this particular person and can't give a real explanation as to why. I have also had the ability to travel and have really enjoyed my trips to Colorado when I've had the opportunity to go.

Cons

Work- life balance is terrible. Our benefits are awful and our deductible went up to $5000 last year. There are a lot of brown nosers in our site that kiss up to managers in an attempt to get away with what they want. Being on salary I am only paid for 40 hours and routinely work 50+ hours. There is constant trash talking behind each other's backs, you have to watch for the moles who are so quick to be your buddy to your face and the sell you out to whomever will listen when they get a chance. Morale has dropped to an all time low. I have also been asked to partake in activities that I definitely did not agree with and they made me feel like a terrible human being for doing them. I know for sure that at least two people were terminated due to the things I was asked to do and the things I was tasked with finding out. We're talking people who may have been a single parent or were the only person working in their home. I felt that I had no choice but to partake in these witch hunts or I would be the one who was going to become unemployed. I've basically lost my integrity, and Dish has taken it from me. I now have a lead who does nothing but play on their cell phone and watch YouTube clips all shift. Hopefully that will get better since we're just getting to know each other but who knows.

Advice to Management

Get a backbone and quit playing favorites. Let the stars shine and don't let your non performing buddies continue to slide by. I guess you may have done some of us a favor and not fire everybody like corporate wanted to over the whole "witness" fiasco, but that's only because our top two "leaders"(one who I believe made the biggest mistake ever by letting the other take over the day to day responsibilities) talked them into not doing it that way because of how hard it would be on them...not bc of how hard it would be on us. You did writtens on everybody for a reason. We're not as dumb as you think. Most of you are good people outside of the office, but in your position, are simply yes men/women, who just push whatever the flavor of the day is. You've made decisions to fire some really strong people lately and it's really a shame. I come in everyday thinking, "am I the next one?". I would be lying if I said that I wasn't applying for other jobs right now.

8. Horrible

Pros

There's not a lot I can say that I liked about dish besides the pay and work schedule, having 3 days off was pretty nice.

Cons

Everything, no way of advancing anywhere unless your a complete suck up, and nothing but lies and bs. Horrible management system.

Advice to Management

Pull you head out from you know where and treat EVERY employee like they matter and give the mangers and supervisors the power to make the small changes needed instead if micro managing every little detail.... One small change has to be approved by at least 3 people up the chain before its even a thought. ......and let the warehouse staff setup the whse the way it works for them and not what some director wants it to like cause its looks nice or matches another office, who cares, each whse is different, they can not look and operate the same as each other..... Let the whse staff figure out what works best and roll with it.

9. good

Current Employee - Remote Technician in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Remote Technician in Omaha, NE

Pros

averall good company decent pay

Cons

bonus program has been made too hard to advance

Slave wages for NYC

Former Employee - International Customer Service Representative in Flushing, NY
    Former Employee - International Customer Service Representative in Flushing, NY

I worked at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff was super friendly and supportive at my center. Zero complaints in that department. You work 4 days in 10-hour shifts, and you are off 3 days.

Cons

Slave wages - They pay $11 per hour plus $1 bonus for all foreign languages spoken, be it one or twenty. That's $12 BEFORE tax! After tax, you get roughly $10.79 per hour to live on in NYC. You are expected to be CSR in English and at least one foreign language. You do billing, programming changes, solve the customer's tech issues over the phone, save / retain accounts, etc for their satellite products, and now they throw on your lap their SLING product where we are expected to enrol customers, solve their technical issues with their internet-enabled devices, billing, etc. both in English and in language. You are expected to multi-task using several different screens at once and track everything. Interestingly enough, none of the staff at any of the other call centers around the country are expected to do what we do AND I have also learned that they get bonuses that we don't!! The resource office micromanages employees on their time to claustrophobic levels. You will understand what this means if you choose to work there. Only Dish employees that signed up with the company over 3 years ago at the Queens center are making living wages because the salaries were substantially reduced after the first staffers were hired to the present levels stated in this review. When you sign up with them, they say that there are plenty of opportunities for promotion and salary increases. All nonsense. Very few openings and also they require that your stats are the best and that you haven't missed a day as a pre-requirement to apply. After 3 months, you get a pathetic salary increase of 5% on your base salary of $11/hr. That's a $0.55 cent increase, so you end up getting $11.55 + $1 (language bonus) = $12.55 PRE-tax after 3 months. Management drills into staffers that we must sell "the value of Dish", which I find impossible to do when we are clearly NOT valued by the company itself.

Advice to Management

Pay decent wages that are commensurate with the level of skill the employees bring in and that are reasonable for the local cost of living.

11. Sales Associate

Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great money if you're willing to work 50+ hours a week.

Cons

The schedules are horrible and you cant change them. Unless you find another agent who is at the same "level" as you is willing to change permanently. There is no "can you cover me tomorrow" If you're out, you're out. a lot of pressure.

Showing 2,355 of 2,387 reviews