DISH

www.dish.com

DISH Reviews in Tigard, OR

DISH Director, President and CEO Joseph Clayton

Joseph Clayton

Pros
  • Pay is good for these parts, especially if you stick with it for a few years(in 71 reviews)

• Good work life balance: people in our office arrive around 10am and leave by 7pm(in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • As far as the work life balance they change schedules dissolve schedules for all types of reasons(in 40 reviews)

• Unless your friends with upper management, you have no chance of advancement(in 100 reviews)

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

There are definitely worse jobs.

Field Service Specialist IV (Current Employee) Tigard, OR

ProsOpportunity for advancement. Instant gratification at work site. One can develop great people skills.

ConsManagement micromanages, constantly changes goals, oh yeah, and they lie. The company would rather all field techs be exactly the same, rather than encourage any personal or professional growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. Upper management doesn't listen to any field personnel anyway. Why consult the people who have actual hands on experience?

I can Understand the Dissatisfaction of the employees

Don't Need Any Payback (Current Employee) Tigard, OR

ProsI get a paycheck, free TV, I get to be degraded and treated like I’m a low life. Wait, thats not a pro. OK, I have nothing else.

ConsManagement that think they know all, watch management doing personal work on the clock, for themselves and the GM and then complain you aren’t working hard enough, rules are followed only when the ROM, RD, or higher are in the office. Your told “If you don’t like what I’m saying to you, you know where the door is, good luck finding a job in this economy” by Management. Business rules and processes apply to all but management. Management that may have been good techs at one time, but have no idea how to actually manage. The don’t mess with my bonus and or incentive or else attitude. The worse thing, managers that tell each other off (behind the back) don’t show each other respect, FSM’s IM and GM that show no respect for the ROM, RD and higher (unless they are standing there) and do this in front of the employees but demand that you show them respect. No job satisfaction and zero chance for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe complacency of the FSM’s an IM (the GM is just an idiot!) Is terrible. They are so arrogant that they don’t even worry about their unprofessional behaviors. Advise: move them around to different offices in the CAR, or even the days of the week they work, changing the teams. Rock the boat and wake them up!! Even better, put them back in the field and hire managers that know how to manage.

management lies and speculations!

FSS I (Former Employee) Tigard, OR

ProsThe days off (3 in a row), and the fact the pay was decent, the actual techs where a joy to work with also.

ConsI was working at Dish Network from 2006 through 2009, and for the most part I actually liked the company and the management. I was let go in 2009 over a MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) , I was informed by the Gm at the time that they where very sad to have to let me go... I understood i was the one who had received the ticket, but when my record was clear that they would put me first on there list for a hire back so i waited and waited until my record cleared and finally i received a call from the recruiter stating that I had an Interview with them...and I informed the Installation manager that i had a interview with him and it was on a Tuesday, well I was so excited about the opportunity to be able to interview with them and happy cause the economy is rough and I really needed the job the day before my interview I received another call from the recruiter the day before saying that the job was filled and that I would be first in line for the next on, when i asked the recruiter if she talked to the IM she told me that he was the one who canceled the interview after knowing I needed the job and was the most experienced tech in all the interviews I now work for Directv whom are always true to there word .

Advice to Senior ManagementYour management in Tigard Oregon is in shambles they have no people skills that will help there employees because they are scared of loosing there jobs. scared of the west coast manager and upper senior management.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management could careless about the techs

FSS IV (Current Employee) Tigard, OR

ProsThe only pro I can think of is I get a check from them every other week which always clears.

ConsThe management at the Tigard, OR location could careless about helping the techs. If you are having an issue at a job site don't call management because it's a waste of time! Either they don't know how to help because they haven't worked in the field for so long or they are to busy doing "safety checks". Safety checks consist of, atleast with my manager, handing me a stack of papers to sign and my manager then saying he will fill it out later and then driving off. The Installation Manager at our shop has no people skills whatsoever. He constantly curses at techs in the shop and treats new hires like crap. I reported this to HR in the past, but nothing was ever done. He is a arrogant piece of crap. A tech in our shop who was fired about six months ago was let go because his CSAT score, which is a customer survey that every customer must take after the tech leaves there home, was lower than what they thought it should be. Management wants you to average a 9.75 on your CSAT. He got fired because he was averaging a 9.6!!! His other numbers were good and he had been working for Dish for almost 5 years! Long story short, Dish Network will lie and stab you in the back as soon as they get a chance!

Advice to Senior ManagementFire the idiots who run the Tigard, OR shop and bring in new ones. This time around you should actually train these guys and maybe they should be respectfully towards other employees.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!