DISYS Reviews

Updated August 28, 2014

3.3

DISYS CEO Mahfuz Ahmad
Mahfuz Ahmad

Pros
  • Fair enough base and commission structure (in 5 reviews)

• Good Client list and some great people in Non-Management positions (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Operationally they are a mess and no one is required to follow what few processes are in place (in 4 reviews)

• Like anything DISYS is not perfect, however the back office is the only area that I would like to see improvement in (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

DISYS - A very Unique & Special place to work

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at DISYS full-time

Pros

DISYS has, deeply rooted in it's DNA, a spirit of innovation and re-investment to make itself better. This is truly driven by our CEO, Mahfuz Ahmed and his unique desire to be a market maker in the IT services business. We re-invest the vast majority of our profits to build exciting new service lines and IP to truly bring value to the equation with our clients.

What it means for employees: This is not a stagnant work environment. Those who thrive at DISYS are those who best deal with continual change. Performers do exceptionally well at DISYS. Everyone's production is out in the open and available for all to see. That can create a fairly pressure oriented environment for some, but for others it's ideal. Far less political than most organizations this size in this industry.

Cons

This is a company that has experienced hyper growth, and as such, some of the systems and processes that got us here are no longer appropriate. Candidly we have some improvements underway in our IT systems, Backoffice procedures, etc that can't get here fast enough. Whenever possible management does what it can to mitigate impact to clients, consultants, and employees. Though our hearts are in the right place, nonetheless there have been some trying moments as we grow and break old systems etc.

Keep doing what you're doing to bring the "Accelerate Productivity" vision to reality for our customers, employees, consultants. Stick to the plan and see it through. Focus on continual improvement of the work environment and the culture as this will be fundamental to our future success.

This is a growing, hard-working, no-nonsense consulting and staffing company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at DISYS full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best reason to work here is to get lots of authority to do a good job and help the company grow.

Cons

Expanding current systems to meet new demands.

Keep being the inspiration that you are: keep an eye on the numbers and sharing those with everyone, which is a great management tactic. Also, the free breakfasts on Friday, although a small gesture, go a long way toward showing support for all employees.

Great place to work and grow!

I have been working at DISYS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Management from the CEO down is accessible and always provides a clear vision for the future. Great opportunity to grow in your role and the company provides a career path for upward mobility. Company balances holding people accountable, while not being "micro-managers."

Cons

At times there is conflict among different operating units, but the company works hard to come to a resolution that drives the business forward.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Junior Recruiter  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Junior Recruiter in McLean, VA

I have been working at DISYS full-time for less than a year

Pros

friendly and young environment. always looking out for each other, upward movement is not only possible but expected! value work-life balance

Cons

nothing "bad" about working here. the new "use it or lose it" policy on hours off and holidays is the only thing.

Good company, but could be great

I have been working at DISYS as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Pay, flexibility, some great people, client list, opportunities for advancement, benefits.

Cons

No paid time off. With some of the competition offering consultants paid time off, this seems like something beneficial to add to the benefits. At the very least, offering the standard holidays that most of our clients have off would be quite helpful. Offering PTO after 1000 hours of work would also be beneficial to consultants. I know I keep my eye open for opportunities at organizations where such PTO is an option.

Figure out how to report on what people are doing.

Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at DISYS full-time for less than a year

Pros

I like working for Disys they are a great company, that gives you access to many different training events. They are there to work with you and help you push to your potential. My Manager and I have a monthly meeting to go over goals and to keep all staff on track.

Cons

Benefits are not the best.

Please look into changing the benefits.

Growing

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DISYS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Upper management believes in investing for your future. The company is growing and they like to involve team members in any changes that might affect their teams/ departments. They believe in collaboration and expect the best from everyone.

Cons

there are very difficult people to work with in the company, and despite complaints, they remain.

You are doing great.

DISYS Contractor

Current Employee - Senior Technical Writer
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Writer

I have been working at DISYS as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Relatively long term contract. Weekly pay checks. Option of working from home.

Cons

No paid time off. Expensive benefits.

DISYS review.

Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk III  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk III in Baltimore, MD

I worked at DISYS part-time for less than a year

Pros

As long as you are working on the road they pay decently. Given that what my assignment was a short term assignment, it kept me working during a very lean time.

Cons

There are no benefits available to speak of and you should not expect a lot of HR support.

Be careful about who is placed in team leader roles.

Could be better!

I worked at DISYS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Overall, I have to credit them for allowing me to learn and grow my career. I believe for the most part, they want what is best for employees, it just doesnt always translate.

Cons

The company says they promote growth and career growth plans, but the process and implementation is not quite there. There are loads of things that need to be repaired on the backend in order to run a good business. Its a shame that the highest people at the company have no idea of the real problems within. Through my time at the company, my opinion was that they (at mangement and corporate levels) did not care, and there was not an 'open door policy.' They dont care to treat teams with respect and understanding, nor do they fairly compensate those that have put in many years of service. Its all about churn and burn, numbers and stats. Its never about the people working hard to get and keep business for the company.

While I understand a growing company experiences growing pains, I would suggest leadership be more transparent through changes. I feel as though new rules, processes, and procedures were either not disclosed, or simply thrown in with zero training or warning.

Worked for DISYS? Contribute to the Community!