DISYS

Updated February 15, 2015
3.2

DISYS CEO Mahfuz Ahmad
Mahfuz Ahmad

Pros
  • Good base salary and commission structure (in 6 reviews)

• Good Client list and some great people in Non-Management positions (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Back office gunk almost buried a couple of deals (in 5 reviews)

• Operationally they are a mess and no one is required to follow what few processes are in place (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Positive Culture and Steadily Improving!

I have been working at DISYS

Pros

great CEO. Strong leadership. Also recently hired VP of human resources and she is strong. She appears to care about improving culture for DISYS employees. Bringing in a real hr professional is a big step in right direction.

Cons

great company but needs more programs to entice employees to stay, such as benefits and costs. Empower your new hr vp to make changes and make the investments to help her.

invest in benefits. Give people at least annual COL pay increases. Empower your new vp of HR.

"eight-year average of 50% growth per year": I have to assume this number is inflated, much like DISYS' Ego

I worked at DISYS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good place to launch your career. They are looking for young, energetic people to come in and make an impact. You will be exposed to things that you may not be ready for. You will be allowed to move around until you find something you like. Sink or swim, it's all great experience

Cons

You are going to love your teams, you are going to love the people. Don't let this fool you, they do not care about you. You are disposable. You are replaceable. They will not invest in you or your teams. They are a staffing company at the core, and that mentality will not change. They preach "Growth." They boast some absurd year over year revenue increase but their actions do not support this. Raise freezes, questionable management tactics, and the worst benefits i have ever experienced, these are the only consistencies here.

Don't waste your time. Work hard, get your experience, and use it to get a job at a better company.

Put some trust in your employees and invest in them--having happy, successful employees who want to work drives success far more than the high turnover, low morale environment that exists currently

AWESOME Leadership In The Office!

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DISYS

Pros

The leadership in my office from the VP, Director of Recruiting, Managing Director, and my Recruiting Manager are by far the best leadership team I have ever worked for. All of them make you feel like your a valued member of the team, I feel appreciated, and that motivates me to come to work everyday.

My MD and RM always put their team first, and truly care about your success as an individual. They are so supportive and do everything they possibly can to set you up to succeed and both are incredibly "hands on" managers. My MD has completely taken our office and created a team that makes me really proud to be a part of, more than anything he pushes you to be better, and he has ideas that really put us ahead of the game to be better. He doesn't just say go out there and be better he provides a plan and a structure to do so and he really cares about everyone. My RM is always there if you need anything, always trying to help us, provide new ideas, motivate us, and is incredibly knowledgeable about the industry. He's a great manager to turn too if you need help and if you make mistakes or have a bad day he's the first one to lift you back up and get you back on your feet.

The coworkers are like a family. They all work so hard and the office is pretty lucky to have minimal drama, everyone has great personalities, respects one another, helps one another all the time and the office is fun.

Pay is great, benefits have gotten better, holiday schedule is awesome and the opportunities to advance and get promoted are there.

Cons

None really. The office has and is going through some pains. It provides stress on the team and stress on the individuals as far as fall off's, loosing major office accounts but with everything we have gone through as an office I don't even think we still be floating if it wasn't for our MD. The company as a whole is implementing a more regional recruiting strategy which I think will be a positive opportunity for all of us.

Leadership is one of my biggest factors that impact my happiness on the job. Having leadership you want to work for makes me never want to work anywhere else.

Support Services

I worked at DISYS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a growing company so it offers a good learning experience, and you're able to be more influential even in a relatively lower position.

Cons

Salary and benefits must be improved.

Increased communication from senior leadership is necessary. For example- hands on call with the entire company so everyone hears directly from C-Suite about the progress and direction of the company.

Best Assignment So Far

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at DISYS as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

DISYS is pretty flexible
    Good Assignments with reputable companies
    Attentive Staff and Account Executives
    Long-term Assignments

Cons

Benefits are Optional
    Sometimes you have to "foot the bill" for certain expenses
    Not really able to negotiate certain things you would like to see in your contract

Give Consultants the flexibility to tell you what they would like to see done better in terms of assignments and incentives.

Senior IT Recruiter

I have been working at DISYS

Pros

Really great $$$ and a solid vision for the future.
    CEO is really invested in employees paying it forward for an extremely solid future
    Good work/life balance

Cons

Insurance benefits could be more competitive.

Keep looking, unless you're looking for a frat house

Former Employee - Sales in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Sales in Raleigh, NC

I worked at DISYS

Pros

Pay is acceptable for industry.

Cons

No training, no real process for success and immature work environment.

Get better with on-boarding new emoloyees, work-life balance and find good leadership.

Good Experience so far.

Current Employee - Senior Java Developer in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Java Developer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISYS

Pros

Too early to say. Pay is good. They do it timely. Account executives are friendly organizes parties every 2 months.

Cons

Nothing identified so far. Work-life balance depends on the client. There are no time-off policies especially when you are placed at client location.Sometimes there is lot of delays in getting the responses from HR.

Best Company I've Worked For

Current Employee - Internal Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Internal Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at DISYS full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There has been a resent change in management at our local office. Breath of fresh air. He is very hands-on with the team, trains, shares expertise and is very knowledgeable in the industry. He gained the respect of the entire team very quickly. I really like the non-management team too. Not a lot of drama, hard workers, good attitudes and great tenure. That's always a good sign. They are also quality driven, so I am proud to work to find good talent and not just try to hit some number. There are a lot of great team building events and a flexible schedule; come in early, leave early.

Cons

None really. Benefits could be better, but not that bad. I've had worse. Still going through some growing pains as this area of the company is newer and they just hired the right talent. May take some time for things. But it's already better than any other employer I've had.

Keep hiring this type of talent and continue doing what you do... at least at this local office.

A Progressive Leader

I have been working at DISYS

Pros

I have a new manager that has quickly won the trust, attention and support of an entire department in the national delivery team. He brings new ideas, comprehensive technology training that we most desperately needed and has brought a new sense of passion to this department. I like how leadership recognized a void and filled it with someone with years of experience and knowledge,

Cons

Sometimes our department doesn't always have the best requirements to work on and a previous manager wasn't at all the sort of person I would want to have followed for too long but at the end things are beginning to work out.