DISYS

DISYS Reviews

Updated Mar 18, 2014

DISYS CEO Mahfuz Ahmad

Mahfuz Ahmad

Pros:
  • "Good Client list and some great people in Non-Management positions"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Good base salary and commission structure"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Operationally they are a mess and no one is required to follow what few processes are in place"
    in 4 reviews
  • "The Health Benefits are expensive, but that's true of most places"
    in 2 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Awesome company to be apart of!

I have been working at DISYS full-time for more than a year

ProsIt's a fun place to work. That's how my boss sold the job to me and it remains true to this day. I've been with DISYS since 2012 & I stay excited and eager to contribute to the success of the company everyday.

We have big goals in sight and that helps me to stay focused. I appreciate the charisma of our management team. They have a special way of resolving conflict in a transparent fashion that seems fair and friendly to all.

The atmosphere of my department is fun/entertaining. It's sort of like a second family!

ConsLots of confusion among New Hire/Onboarding. It's a relatively young company that's grown at a rapid pace so still refining and maturing many different areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold people more accountable to reporting progress! Also, benefits, please get the long term employees some better value options.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great place to get your feet wet.

Technical Recruiter (Current Employee)

I have been working at DISYS full-time for more than a year

ProsThey do not micro-manage you through out the work day. Fun, relaxed work environment that doesn't make going into work dull and borning.

ConsQuick to change, and not let the recent change mature.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the change develop and not just toss it out the window with limited data.

Great learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at DISYS full-time for more than a year

ProsMost of the team members and management are great people and easy to work with. Leads are very appreciative and recognize the work you put it. Processes have been put into place to make things a little more seamless but it takes time.

ConsThey need better communication between departments. Better guidelines as to which department should be handling what and it should be the same across teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should take the time to understand the jobs the people they are managing do.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Exciting to be part of a growing company

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at DISYS full-time for more than a year

ProsVery strong/above average comp for Sales/Recruiters, In fact the best I have seen in the business. Aggressive goals but the pay-out is worth it. Strong customer base nationwide and they do not micro-manage or have crazy metrics in place. They care about putting people to work and going above and beyond for your client over phone call volume, etc. They have some really talented people at this company. Very aggressive plans for growth but its exciting to be part of it.

Consbenefits are somewhat costly but this is becoming the norm anyway.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work with transparency/communication from the top and rewarding your people for a job well done.

A fun work environment and a great work life balance, DISYS has provided me with the tools to be successful.

Technical Recruiter (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at DISYS full-time for more than a year

ProsSolid client list. Great group of people. Overall strong work ethic among staff. Enthusiastic Managing director. I feel very committed to the company as a whole.

ConsGoing through growing pains as any growing company does. Corporate is still learning how to interact with the offices and everyone is learning the systems that run the company as a whole.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen working on putting new systems in place further testing would be helpful to avaid hiccups down the road.

Temporary Agency for Contractors

Process Support Specialist I (Former Employee)
Simi Valley, CA

I worked at DISYS full-time for more than a year

ProsGood pay. Helped whenever needed it..Fine the first 3 years. Good relationship with recruiter in the beginning.

ConsCompany Ran out of good job opportunities. Bad job market. Got harder to get jobs, and to enjoy working for company who was their main source.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

good place to learn

National IT Recruiter (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

I worked at DISYS full-time for less than a year

Prosthey try to make a fun environment by hitting gongs when people get starts and throw nerf darts around the office.

ConsThey make you do a start dance for your first start. pay is no more than 30-35k put you on a structure program that you have to complete before you can get your commission. long hours expected.

Advice to Senior Managementdont treat your employees so poorly. they work hard and send a great deal of time at the office pulling late night pizza partys.

I enjoy my job at DISYS, but the company seems to be experiencing a few growing pains

I have been working at DISYS full-time for more than a year

ProsDISYS has a relaxed environment, pressure to get projects done within a strict deadline, but lenient on the way it gets done. For the most part they allow you to work the way you are most comfortable/productive

ConsI could not imagine a more incompetent HR department. The employee systems don't seem to be integrated, I am often confused about HR policies (because they are always changing and no one in HR actually knows what the current policy is).

Advice to Senior Managementfix incompetent HR department
From what i've seen, bonuses are given regardless of whether an employee is worthy, then the budget is cut and no one gets bonuses. This is not how you retain talent.

The long term assignments and clients are great.

Hired Gun (Current Employee)
Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DISYS as a contractor for more than a year

ProsOnce you are put into a post, you are pretty much left alone. Disys doesnt really check back on you for long periods of time.

ConsLack of feedback. You really have no idea if the services you are providing are adding value or simply being tolerated. The benefits are TERRIBLE.

Advice to Senior ManagementWant to attract the talent worth keeping for the long term? Offer some benefits normal people can afford. Change back your matching % back to what it was before and stop operating like you're the only game in town. That McLean mentality is going to hurt you in the long run.

Worst experience I have ever had

Recruiter (Former Employee)

I worked at DISYS full-time for more than a year

ProsGood Client list and some great people in Non-Management positions.
They do pay above average base salaries.
The commission structure is average.

ConsMost of Senior Management is unethical and leads by intimidation and scare tactics.
They always preach process, but there is no real process.
They buy there way into clients by giving kick backs to managers.
This is how they got some of there biggest accounts.
If you are a 1 man company they don't pay you in accordance with the contract. It says Net 45, but it is more like net 75-90 days and wonder why consultants leave the project early.
The management does not treat people with respect.
They are trying to be like another major staffing, but it is not working out so good for them.
Health Insurance is very expensive, company does not contribute much to the cost.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have to earn respect not demand it.
Treat People the way you want to be treated with respect not disrespect.

Worked for DISYS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DISYS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DISYS CEO Mahfuz Ahmad . All 88 reviews posted anonymously by DISYS employees.