DK Security Reviews

1.5
CEO

1. Command Center Operator

I have been working at DK Security part-time

Pros

you are treated as one of the administration

Cons

constantly on the phone with having to juggle hundreds of things at once

Advice to Management

get it together

2. Armed Security

I worked at DK Security

Pros

Good Interviewer. Back stabbers at locations

Cons

Can't fill the contracts with guards they sign up for. Low pay for putting your life on the line. No OT Ridiculous uniform requirements (different outfit for every different contract)

Advice to Management

Got to have management, before you can give them "Advice". Had titles of Management, but had no clue or how to have proper coverage for events.

3. Security Gaurd

I have been working at DK Security part-time

Pros

They schedule things around your work schedule.

Cons

There are no reliable hours. They will work you for as long as you let them with no breaks. Even when the factory that you work at gives DK more money for the people that work there cause they do a good job do not expect a raise.

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees and pay more.

5. Do not work here

Current Employee - Security Guard in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Detroit, MI

I have been working at DK Security

Pros

They will work around your schedule

Cons

Do not work at any of the detroit locations they're disrespectful liars theives and VERY unorganized. They give you hours based on if they like you or not. the site liasion is super disrespectful. They think they can talk to and treat people any kind of way. I would NOT recommend this job to anyone.

6. Not worth it

I have been working at DK Security

Pros

Generally nice coworkers. Can be fun at times would be a good company if we were allowed to protect ourselves.

Cons

Management does not care about you or your safety. Not allowed to defend yourself. Cant carry pepperspray or anything even though your a security guard.

Advice to Management

let us carry something to defend ourselves even if that means extra training. Dont leave us in a uniform an badge without any means to protect us.

7. Worst job i've ever had

Former Employee - Security Officer
    Former Employee - Security Officer

I worked at DK Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very easy work. Anyone could do this job. It requires no experience. It is also a very good job for a student as there is a lot of down time.

Cons

Everything. This was literally the worst job I have ever had in my life. The management at all levels of this company is inadequate to deal with the needs of the company. They also just happen to not care about the employees. I had several enterprising colleagues who made good suggestion who were subsequently given different shifts so they'd not have the chance to communicate anymore. Extra work or GOOD work is not rewarded or acknowledge. Management at ALL levels is incompetent. (Seniority is the best way to be manager here and many of them are bad with people and most skills). The morals at this company are low. Giving this company a contrast is basically just admitting you want to get robbed. No shows and poor workmanship is the norm here. No chance for advancement.

Advice to Management

You could try caring about the company or your employees. You could try punishing no shows or incompetent workers and rewarding solid workers. Treat your employees as people and treat your clients with respect - you do neither. Thanks for the motivation to get out and get an MBA.

8. Its a place to work part time 20hours a week.

Current Employee - Security Guard and Receptionist At Capitol in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Security Guard and Receptionist At Capitol in Lansing, MI

I have been working at DK Security part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Part time work 10 hour shifts at the Capitol Buildings in Lansing . Can get called in to fill a shift with an abscent worker

Cons

Cant get 40 hours and not even 30 most weeks. No advancement opportunities

Advice to Management

Reward loyal workers who come in when called to fill an opening with more hours. Create a team of people so that there is not so much turnover.

9. Cheap. Ripped off. Not worth it.

I worked at DK Security

Pros

It was easy for the most part.

Cons

Lied to me about pay on multiple occurances. Unappreciated... It wasn't worth the $9/hr to even just sit there.

Advice to Management

Attitude adjustment and moral evaluation...

10. From poorly run to not caring at all.

Current Employee - Security Guard in Flint, MI
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Flint, MI

I have been working at DK Security part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are lazy and do not want to come to work on time then DK is the company for you. They will work around your class' schedual, so long as you do not want many hours or will work 4 hour shifts.

Cons

No communication with upper management to speak of. In real terms there is no chance of advancement or improvement. This company talks as if it is a High Security company, but in reality there is little if any training or little to no incentive yo gain any usefull training. They talk about conduct and employee accountability, but do not address no shows, constantly being up to an hour late and not paying when you have to cover someone that did not show.

Advice to Management

Take a real interest in running the company and stop pretending that you provide anything to the employees. The mindset of " it is not my job" starts in the head office and flows down. You can not operate with the attitude that if an uniform is there then all is right and as it should be. When you acquire a contract with staff in place take advantage of them, not chase them out.

11. It's tolerable for the pay

Former Employee - Security Officer in Jackson, MI
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Jackson, MI

I worked at DK Security part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to learn and perfect for those who enjoy dealing with people

Cons

Hard to get full time position Part time has no benefits whatsoever If your relief doesn't show up, you are still working until they can get someone in

Advice to Management

When you get new people on a site, don't give them more hours than the ones who have been working there when the ones working there has had their hours taken away. That is not taking care of your people.

RSS Feed </> Embed