DKNY Reviews

Updated October 13, 2014
Updated October 13, 2014
3.7

CEO

AMAZING product and great client service vision!

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at DKNY full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great discounts and great people to work with.

Cons

Debatable senior/corporate management hires from competing brands that resulted in political/personal changes in hiring/termination practices to get their "people" into the company.

Loyalty and brand ambassadors are hard to come by in this industry nowadays. Know those who helped to start and promote the brand who will remain loyal advocates to the brand, instead of bringing in outsiders to do things that AREN'T the brand, but our competitors ways.

incredible experience interning in sales

Former Employee - Sales Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Intern in New York, NY

I worked at DKNY as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

DKNY has a great office culture and even though I was only an intern, I got to experience so much within the company, attending countless meetings and being given a lot of responsibility.

Cons

There was some downtime where I had not much to do.

Great place to work

I worked at DKNY full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Supportive environment with great benefits and potential for career movement. Management very knowledgeable on the industry and had excellent relationships and contacts with clients.

Cons

Business fluctuates greatly based on each season and economy. Creativity sometimes suffers because fashion has become so much more numbers oriented.

overall a good company to work for

horrible

I worked at DKNY

Pros

the 75% off discount for work wear

Cons

hours always cut,management is horrible,horrible place to work.

I was an intern and had an amazing experience

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at DKNY as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great company culture, positive attitude, easygoing and stress-free environment, benefits and compensation

Cons

I can't tell much about the cons because the company atmosphere is very pleasant. The only con as an intern would be that there is very little or no further career opportunities and you feel it during your internship, that may decrease the motivation for many.

Pretty great company!

I have been working at DKNY part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I'm super impressed with the quality of the products and the company is definitely focused on the customer while still caring for its employees.

Cons

Management outside of the stores micromanages like crazy but as long as you do your job and are focused on the sales, you should be fine.

Have a little more faith in your employees and understand that circumstances arise that are beyond their control. One bad day does not warrant panicking.

No ethic code of business

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY

I worked at DKNY full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

great discount and benefits. coworkers aren't so bad either

Cons

unfairly and overworking employees. Senior management staff no management experience

Its was a gateway job to the world in the sale associate industry that has gave me a strong set of fundamentals.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I worked at DKNY part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Paid is decent for a entry level in retail. The hourly are pretty flexible, and is forgiving for when you have an emergency for any reason.

Cons

The personal growth in the company isn't there, and trying to work your way up is almost impossible.

Try to motivate your employers more.

DKNY will definitely prepare you for any sales commission job.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Cypress, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Cypress, TX

I worked at DKNY part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working here the staff is friendly yet determined and everyone has the same goal in mind.

Cons

Some cons can be the emphasis on greeting every customer right as they come in and not allowing them to naturally towards an item of purchase.

I actually had a great experience with my manager. She was super friendly and was able to work around my school schedule which was always great. No problems at all. Wish as my experiences working were like that one.

Too Young of a Management Team

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at DKNY part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get the experience to work for a high fashion label and that'll look great on your resume. Also, depending on your experience, you get paid probably a quarter higher than your co-workers.

Cons

Too often of a varied schedule. DKNY does not perform well in small cities such as Charlotte and Bluffton because of the fact no one really knows the brand. It isn't popularized like Michael Kors or Coach, therefore, no one thinks that the brand has value behind it.

Also, the management teams can be good, but then biased and show favoritism. Also, they were catty and showed fake-ness, something that the store did not need. If you're in dire need of a positive environment, lots of hours, and actual work to do, don't apply.

I feel like management should incorporate more training within themselves as opposed to having "experience" and going off of that. Just because you have the experience does not mean that you're capable of doing the job as expected. Just as the sales assoc. are supposed to do training, I feel like management should have it at least once a month to learn new techniques and skills on how to exactly make and close a sale, and not LIE to customers about the product because that's creating a bad rep for them, and providing false information, which will result in high returns and loss of sales for the store. I was always honest with my customers about the way things fit them. I rarely had returns and it was because I was true to my word and knew what the customer needed instead of trying to sell just to make a profit.

DKNY Photos