DKNY

Updated August 6, 2014
Updated August 6, 2014

3.5

CEO

I was an intern and had an amazing experience

Former Employee - Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

Pros

Great company culture, positive attitude, easygoing and stress-free environment, benefits and compensation

Cons

I can't tell much about the cons because the company atmosphere is very pleasant. The only con as an intern would be that there is very little or no further career opportunities and you feel it during your internship, that may decrease the motivation for many.

Pretty great company!

Pros

I'm super impressed with the quality of the products and the company is definitely focused on the customer while still caring for its employees.

Cons

Management outside of the stores micromanages like crazy but as long as you do your job and are focused on the sales, you should be fine.

Have a little more faith in your employees and understand that circumstances arise that are beyond their control. One bad day does not warrant panicking.

No ethic code of business

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY

Pros

great discount and benefits. coworkers aren't so bad either

Cons

unfairly and overworking employees. Senior management staff no management experience

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Its was a gateway job to the world in the sale associate industry that has gave me a strong set of fundamentals.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

Pros

Paid is decent for a entry level in retail. The hourly are pretty flexible, and is forgiving for when you have an emergency for any reason.

Cons

The personal growth in the company isn't there, and trying to work your way up is almost impossible.

Try to motivate your employers more.

DKNY will definitely prepare you for any sales commission job.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Cypress, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Cypress, TX

Pros

Working here the staff is friendly yet determined and everyone has the same goal in mind.

Cons

Some cons can be the emphasis on greeting every customer right as they come in and not allowing them to naturally towards an item of purchase.

I actually had a great experience with my manager. She was super friendly and was able to work around my school schedule which was always great. No problems at all. Wish as my experiences working were like that one.

Too Young of a Management Team

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC

Pros

You get the experience to work for a high fashion label and that'll look great on your resume. Also, depending on your experience, you get paid probably a quarter higher than your co-workers.

Cons

Too often of a varied schedule. DKNY does not perform well in small cities such as Charlotte and Bluffton because of the fact no one really knows the brand. It isn't popularized like Michael Kors or Coach, therefore, no one thinks that the brand has value behind it.

Also, the management teams can be good, but then biased and show favoritism. Also, they were catty and showed fake-ness, something that the store did not need. If you're in dire need of a positive environment, lots of hours, and actual work to do, don't apply.

I feel like management should incorporate more training within themselves as opposed to having "experience" and going off of that. Just because you have the experience does not mean that you're capable of doing the job as expected. Just as the sales assoc. are supposed to do training, I feel like management should have it at least once a month to learn new techniques and skills on how to exactly make and close a sale, and not LIE to customers about the product because that's creating a bad rep for them, and providing false information, which will result in high returns and loss of sales for the store. I was always honest with my customers about the way things fit them. I rarely had returns and it was because I was true to my word and knew what the customer needed instead of trying to sell just to make a profit.

Enjoyable but was extremely under utilized

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Great clothes and good clients. Great discount! Love the freedom to dress how you like.

Cons

Upper upper mgmt under utilizes their managers. Managers are glorified cashiers, sales assistants and greeters. Lack of common sense in the business and everything is personal. Associates that have been there forever get the most respect even of they aren't million dollar books. Poor to little training with new associates and PT associates promoted to FT even when they haven't made any of their goals.

Be more consistent and use your people to the best of their capabilities. Not to what you want them to be. People are not puppets.

I loved working for DKNY as a company it's some of DM's I particularly didn't enjoy working with. Awesome HR Dept.

Pros

Great pay and benefits, great product, great HR dept, great visual staff, great corporate office staff

Cons

Dm's were not interested in development of staff only making the numbers

You catch more bees with honey than with vinegar. Have an interest in your people you will get so much more out of them.

If you love fashion you will get exposure to every aspect of it: styling, photo shoots, models, etc.

Former Employee - E-Commerce Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - E-Commerce Intern in New York, NY

Pros

Great immersion into the fashion industry. Lots of hands on experience. Meet so many people in the industry.

Cons

Unpaid, and they make you work full time. Can often be daunting since it is located in NYC.

Better HR communication

Great Internship Experience

Former Employee - Finance Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Finance Intern in New York, NY

Pros

Worked with an amazing Finance manager and VP. Learnt a lot. They were all very patient and welcoming. Explained all my tasks with in-dept background/additional information. Answered all questions thoroughly and encouraged me to do my best.

Cons

Understaffed for the amount of work that had to be completed.

Worked for DKNY? Contribute to the Community!