DLC Reviews

Updated July 31, 2014
Updated July 31, 2014
3.4

Adam W. Ifshin

An EXCELLENT firm! Probably the best move of my career.

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DLC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been a Consultant at DLC for six years and have enjoyed a variety of engagements with over a dozen clients. The work has been challenging and interesting, crossing multiple industries and roles. I've gained more skills in M&A Due Diligence, Project Management, FP&A, Financial & Technical Accounting, Pricing, Spin-offs, Leadership and Management, Post-Acquisition Integration, and a handful of ERP and budgeting systems. DLC provides opportunities to make a difference with clients during those critical moments where a real difference is needed. I've been part of DLC Consultant teams that have succeeded against all odds, and in many cases I've had the opportunity to be the only face of DLC to the client. The compensation model really makes sense and is a win-win for the client and consultant. I've made a lot of friends and contacts with this job, and I'm rarely bored. Joining DLC has been one of the best decisions I've made professionally. I'm proud to work here. I love my job!

Cons

DLC is highly selective in its hiring process, only hiring Top 25 MBAs and CPAs from Big 4 Accounting firms with fortune 1000 experience. In a few situations I've met highly qualified individuals who wanted jobs here but didn't fit the selective profile.

Continue to grow our client base, pursue additional opportunities with our existing clients, hire and develop highly qualified people, and build a high performance culture. Keep up the good work!

Sr . mgmt is very hard to work for. There is a culture of DLC before everything anytime including family & vacation

I worked at DLC full-time

Pros

pay, expenses, benefits and name recognition

Cons

travel, culture, no sense of family, regional management

won't recommend this company

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at DLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

good opportunities to expose to different clients

Cons

poor sr. management and poor overall management

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good people, good projects, in my experience

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at DLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

DLC in Orange County was a great place to work. Your experience with DLC will be dependent on the projects you're on, but I only had one bad client in the few years I was there. Also, you earn your base salary whether you're on a client or not.

Cons

Pressure to get yourself off the bench when you are between clients. Also, it's sometimes confusing whether you're going to get incentive compensation or not.

Keep up the good work in Orange County!

Phenomenal company that cares about its people and its clients

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at DLC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Consultants are paid for every hour they work, and for those we are are on the bench waiting for that next great assignment. Consultants are given an annual employment contract. Great employee benefits from health care, wellness program, 401K, , challenging work utilizing my skills every day, opportunity to consult to some of the top companies in California. Can't ever rest on your laurels :-) every day is a new day and every project a new beginning.

Cons

DLC only hires Top 20 MBAs or CPAs from Big 4 Accounting firms with private company experience. It is great to be held in such great company and to work with such incredible professionals, but that means not everybody can work here!

Keep up the good work! Keep winning those top notch clients and exciting projects and keep attracting the talented professionals that are proud to be DLC Consultants.

A job, but don't expect to go anywhere in it.

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Woodland Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at DLC

Pros

They pay you by the hour when you work, but that's not a whole lot of incentive when they're sending you somewhere that requires a 2+ hour commute each day.

Cons

The worst part about working here may be the lack of career progression you won't be showing. You may get great exposure to different industries or work experience, but it will be difficult to show in such a flat organization where promotions do not exist (literally, this is true as part of the business).

Appreciate sacrifices employees make and recognize they are truly giving up something for the sake of the firm rather than dismissing what they do as part of the job.

DLC

Current Employee - SLP  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - SLP in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at DLC

Pros

Small daycare for special needs children with a great staff of therapists and nurses. Job is satisfying and working with babies is a plus.

Cons

Since is small company benefits are available but they are not as comprehensive.

They are doing a great job

Satisfactiory

Current Employee - Manager Resourcing
    Current Employee - Manager Resourcing

I have been working at DLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great understanding, less pressure but still productive.

Cons

All Saturday's working and that too full day.

Atleast alternate saturdays should be off.

Good place to work if you're not an ambitious type

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Brackley, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brackley, England (UK)

I worked at DLC

Pros

Flexible working time, nice people, good place if you're not too keen on personal development but want a stable job; good facilities;

Cons

you will not be encouraged to develop as this increases the chances that you will leave due to lack of internal opportunities;management eager to give negative feedback but not so when it comes to praise

s

Worked for DLC? Contribute to the Community!