DMC Atlanta Reviews

46 reviews filtered by
  • Atlanta, GA Area
4.5
Adam Dorfman

Growth, opportunity, and fun!

I have been working at DMC Atlanta

Pros

I came to DMC Atlanta ready leave the world of working a 9-5 "job" with glass ceilings. The opportunity to succeed based on my hard work and willingness to go the extra mile originally drew me to working with DMC, but getting to know the people and the company took it so much further than that. The atmosphere of positivity, energy, and a genuine desire for the success of everyone within the team makes coming to work something I actually look forward to! The relationships that I have formed with my coworkers have, and continue, to help me grow both professionally and personally. I Learn and practice skills on a daily basis that help me reach my goals in business and outside relationships. DMC provides all the "tools" necessary for each team member to build their success.

Cons

While some people may consider working hard a con, I am personally glad to be a part of a company that does not reward laziness, lack of integrity, or negativity. If getting something for nothing is your line of thinking, this would not be a good fit for you.

Advice to Management

No advice per say, just gratitude for providing an opportunity for growth-minded development.

Mar 12, 2015President

Wow! What an awesome review. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with our company!

Fantastic Company Culture

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

With my passion for sales and marketing and having a major in Business Management, I was looking for a career that not only gave me the growth and opportunity I wanted, but also a friendly atmosphere. After going through a process of multiple interviews and gaining a position at DMC Atlanta, I quickly learned that with the mixture between the strong company culture, sales/marketing, and the opportunity for growth into management was in my own hands, I had finally found my career path I was looking for. Couldn't have asked for a better opportunity!

Cons

Cant think of a single thing!

Advice to Management

Adapt to change, stay consistently hungry to learning new things everyday, and work as hard as you possibly can, the growth and success will follow.

Apr 15, 2015President

Thanks so much for this review! We work hard to enjoy our successes along the way but maintain hunger and never become complacent! Keep up the great work!

My success is defined by me!

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I always knew that I wanted to work for a company where I really like going to, I just never really thought it existed until I found DMC Atlanta. I like the fact that we can all relate to each other and have a good time both at work and outside of work. Really enjoy the family/team environment! I didn't expect to make friends so quickly, but I like that I wasn't treated as a new guy(people would go outta their way to get to know me). I was invited out with people from the office just to hang out and check out Atlanta(since I was new to the area). We all get along so well together and I think that's what makes me love my job. I definitely can't see myself working anywhere else, and excited about the future to come!

Cons

Cons are that it's a full time job...this is my first Full Time job and that its more then I'm use to. Its all worth it though and I know I'm gonna be successful based on who I am and my work ethic(not by seniority). The success I make its all based on myself and how much I want to succeed and know I have the opportunity to really do something special with myself and my future!

Advice to Management

Thanks for always being supportive. I've never been apart of a company where the management is so hands on and easily available. I know I can pick up the phone and call at any time and they will help me. Thanks for giving me a chance and I'm looking forward to the future. Thank you!

Feb 10, 2015President

Thanks so much for the great review! We pride ourselves on the opportunities we provide our team - regardless of their background. We know that it's hard work and that we push our team harder than ... More

In My Experience, it was a Hands-on MBA

Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great learning environment
    - The training in sales, leadership, business and strategy benefit you outside of the office as well
    - The training (again), coaching, and mentoring - there were so many resources in any area I needed help in
    - The people - being able to be around positive and competitive but friendly people was awesome
    - I personally learned how to grow up - DMC Atlanta taught me budgeting, finances, communication, how to keep going when things weren't where I wanted to be, how to take accountability, and how to be more responsible
    - DMC Atlanta encourages mistakes and that helped a perfectionist like me not be as hard on myself because I'm not in fear of messing up - they recognize messing up is inevitable
    - The bottom line is I learned how to run a successful business, every step of the way - the good, the disheartening, and the evolution that all careers take - which was great because now I do own and run a business and their development program taught me the 'how to's'.

Cons

- It's not only challenging, it's actually hard at times - most of those times, though, were the points where I grew the most
    - The pay is average for this type of position (base, commission, and bonuses), unless you're great with sales, which wasn't always my strong suit
    - If you want to excel you DO have to put in extra effort - you truly have to work for what you want
    - DMC Atlanta doesn't baby you, I know it doesn't seem like a con, because people don't like to think that of themselves, but, so many of us (myself at first) feel very entitled with so many things that we don't even realize- and it's a hard reality when that sits in.

Advice to Management

I've been fortunate to complete the Management Development Program and thrive in running my own business and for that, I thank you and the training, developing, and coaching that I had. My advice would be to not only have everything be merit based (as it is), but to have a tenure based bonus that is tied in with achievements.

Apr 15, 2015President

We love to hear from former team members of our Atlanta office who are now successfully running their own offices throughout the country! Keep up the amazing work!

Who we are

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DMC Atlanta is more than a company of business professionals to me. For me, most of the people in the office are like family to me. When I come into the office into the morning its like I never left my home. The atmosphere in the mornings is so warm and welcoming everyday. The positivity in the office is contagious and I cant help but get excited when I step through those doors. I have done other things that I thought I wanted to do and in the end I came back to the open arms of this AMAZING company. The reason that I came back was because of the opportunity for unlimited growth that they offer. Our why is so strongly rooted into this incredible opportunity, we believe that if someone is willing to do the work and make the neccesary personal changes, then that person can be successful as they want in this business. Coming into this business at at young age, DMC guided me through with the talented leadership in the office, and has molded me into the professional that I am today. Thus far DMC has taught me so many things that go beyond just in the office, it has taught me to be responsible with my money, taught me how to inspire and lead others, It also showed me that I have an amazing talent for teaching others. I am proud to tell my family friends and anyone that I work for DMC Atlanta.

WORK HARD PLAY HARD

Cons

Starting Out I had little to no experience compared to others in the office. But as i learned and matured in the company I gained the knowledge and advice to become a leader in the office.

Dec 7, 2014President

Just by reading this, we know exactly who wrote it! Your energy in the office is contagious, and you inspire the team to work hard daily!

Face to face sales in different retailers.

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great way to meet people. Really fun team environment. Great upward mobility if willing to put in the time and work necessary.

Cons

A lot of time spent traveling to stores. No benefits.

Dec 11, 2014President

Sorry to hear you are unhappy with your current position. Please set up a time to meet with me so that we can see what we can do to help you reach your goals and enjoy coming to work more. I'm going ... More

Incredible Business and Management Training in a truly rewarding environment.

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager/Corporate Trainer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager/Corporate Trainer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've held 2 professional positions that I left due to lack of both growth potential and training. Working with DMC has proven to be the most incredible training experience where hard work is truly rewarded every step of the way. By devoting myself I have advanced to a senior level position within 5 months and plan to reach Management / Partner in the next 6.

The people you work with are exceptional. It is a very positive and supportive atmosphere where the rewards and recognition of success is second to none.

The opportunity for travel is awesome as well. It is not mandatory but encouraged and is a lot of fun. I've had the opportunity to see cities such as Austin, Cleveland, Chicago, St. Louis and Nashville during my time with DMC.

Compared to other entry level roles DMC offers the top of the line experience to people looking for rapid growth, recognition and training.

What gets me out of bed every morning is not only the ability to advance as fast as I want but also to provide that opportunity to others along the way.

Cons

It's not really a con but this is not a 9 to 5 opportunity. You get out what you put in.

Oct 29, 2014President

WOW! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review of our Leadership and Management Development program. Feels great to have such positive people on our team!

Absolute amazing

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The merit based system makes everyone work so much harder to get where they want to be. Everyone in the company is totally driven and motivated, not to mention motivational. The owners go the extra mile for their employees and it only makes everyone want to do the same for them.Great mentors and coaches!

Cons

Dealing with people in retail in general can be a handful, but you have to deal with people wherever you go. Adapting to office hours was hard coming from the restaurant business, but its something you adapt to.

Freedom to Grow

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The thing I love the most about working at DMC Atlanta is the freedom I have to be myself and grow without fear of making mistakes. Having fun and making mistakes is something that was taught to me from Day 1, and it is true that anyone making a sincere effort to learn and grow will be given plenty of opportunity to do so. This allows individuals to gain the confidence and skills that are necessary to tap into their true potential - all while being surrounded by peers who are supportive and encouraging in this endeavor.

Cons

Just as your strengths will be magnified, maximized and rewarded, your weaknesses are also exposed. This job may put someone in a vulnerable position, but ultimately it is for their own good. Getting outside your comfort zone and working with all different types of people will stretch you and make you as well-rounded as possible.

Advice to Management

Never stop learning and growing yourselves. No one is perfect, but I think you all set a great example of leaders who are willing to listen to others - even those who are considered "beneath them" - and genuinely take to heart the issue at hand. You genuinely want to be challenged and become better, and I would only encourage you all to continue doing so relentlessly.

Jul 19, 2014President

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such amazing feedback!

Great leader, great people

Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Adam is a great leader and employer. The leadership team and team of field reps are young, outgoing, fun people. The office environment is very energetic. I left the company because of personal reasons but before doing so he and his team were extremely kind and accommodating to my situation. Ultimately I took a position outside the company more suited to my situation but will always think very highly of the company and leadership team.

Cons

The only con I can think of is the entry level field marketing role is not the kind of marketing job most people think of when it comes to looking for marketing roles. It is a field sales role in a retail setting. Everyone starts there and if successful will go on to become a manager over a team of people doing the field sales work. There is no office work other than morning team meetings until you advance further along into the management training program. So if you are looking for a career in marketing doing things like social media, creating digital/ print materials, conducting marketing research, product development, etc then this is not the position for you. If you are looking for a career/ experience in sales and an opportunity to go into management it is a great opportunity for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The company is growing and there is a demand from companies for your services so what your doing is obviously working. The only thing I might change is taking off marketing from the job postings. It is an entry level sales role. The " field marketing" is field sales. The role people will be in for a good time before becoming a manager of their own branch does not really involve any marketing responsibilities. In the interview process this becomes apparent but until seeing first hand what you will be doing in the interview process throwing marketing into the title/responsibilities is a little deceiving to those looking for marketing roles instead of sales roles.

May 1, 2014President

To whoever took the time to write this outstanding review, I'm very touched. We do our best to make sure that EVERYONE who comes into contact with our company - even if they choose to move on - is ... More