DMC Atlanta

DMC Atlanta Reviews

Updated Jun 3, 2014

Adam Dorfman

Merit Based Growth

Account Manager & Trainer (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsMerit based growth and promotions. No seniority. Mixed pay structure; not commission only. AMAZING people to work with. Great management and training staff.

ConsIf you don't want to work hard for the life you strive for then this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore personal development meetings. They've helped me a ton, and I really enjoy listening to Adam's meetings and how he got to where he is today.

Flag Review
    DMC Atlanta President responded to this review Mar 16, 2014 EditDelete
    Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a positive review of DMC Atlanta!

Since this was posted, we have worked hard to increase the time spent on personal development of our team. We
    ... More

Great company to work for to kick start your career in business.

Atlanta, GA

ProsOne of the best companies I've been apart of. The work atmosphere is inviting and highly motivating, this company believes that great training should be the essential for success. That is why the management training program is head and shoulders above any other company that i have worked for. If someone is looking for that breakthrough career choice with unlimited upside potential, than DMC Atlanta is the place for you.

ConsYou have to work hard to get where you want to go!

Entrepreneurial environment where I learned sales, training others and leadership strategies.

Atlanta, GA

ProsI felt like I was going to business school. The owner was very hands on in my mentorship, which I appreciated. In fact, I'm writing this review because I left to start my own business and everything I learned with DMC is helping me tremendously.

ConsDealing with stupid people in the retail world got a little old and training new grads who want everything handed to them instead of having to work for it definitely got a little frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to find ways to hire more people who are really self-motivated and who don't look to blame others for not getting those sales, which are actually really easy to get in this company.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun people, Fun job, Big opportunity

Atlanta, GA

ProsYou get to work with fun people, you have 100% control over your own success and advancement, constant growth and advancement opportunity

ConsYou need to be competitive and focus on self development, which wasn't a problem for me, but for some it may be challenging

Advice to Senior Managementi loved seeing all the promotions and offices we opened in the time I was there, you should make a list on your website of all the offices you have opened

Great learning experience!

Atlanta, GA

ProsI worked with DMC over the summer as an intern and I couldn't of asked for a better experience. Fun environment, surrounded by great people, and learned more about sales/marketing/business then any class or test that I have taken. Looking forward to the opportunity of coming back.

ConsComing into my internship I wasn't aware of the focus and commitment that it really took in order to be successful.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe environment that you have created is great. Wouldn't change a thing.

Excellent Growth Opportunities

Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat coaches, mentors, trainers, and co-workers. The opportunity here is immense. I have gained so much more knowledge about business with DMC than I did in college. The environment is very welcoming and comfortable, and everyone is willing to drop what they're doing to help you.

ConsI had to step outside of my comfort zone, with public speaking. I was extremely uncomfortable with it at first, but the people I have here at DMC, that helped me, made it easy for me to step in front of a group of people and run a meeting, which I now do regularly and love it!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep caring about your people and their opportunity as much as you do!

Fast Paced Environment

Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsThere is always something to do, so I'm never bored. And it's not just busy work, it tasks that teach me something and help improve my productivity. The environment is a lot of fun, and it also carries over to outside of work. We also do a lot of volunteer events as well.

ConsI don't have anything negative to say.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think they are doing a great job.

Training and Development Program the Prepares You for Your Future

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsI started with DMC Atlanta, in November of 2009 as an entry level account manger. I came into the company looking to gain experience as a recent MBA graduate to prepare me for further career opportunities and found my career right here.

I was given hands on experience in sales, marketing, financing, training & development of others, advertising and human resources; All of the basic fundamentals needed to be successful in any business role in any organization. I was trained thoroughly in each area and taught how to be an effective manager and leader of others. The people who trained me actually cared about my success and they cared about me, something I hadn't found in most companies I had worked with prior to DMC Atlanta.

The management development program they provide develops people not only in these areas of business but also helps an individual develop personally. The people and culture helped build my confidence and allowed me to believe in myself that I was capable of more than I thought. From this program, I have become the person I always wanted to be, but thought I wasn't capable of becoming. If it was not for the great coaching and mentoring of the management team I would still believe that. They stick strong to their values and make sure that anyone that is working hard for themselves gets an opportunity for success.

The opportunity they provide for advancement is based upon someone's performance, which means only those who deserve the promotions and rewards receive them. They do not care how long someone has been working with the firm, but what they are capable of doing while they are there. No one has to wait for someone to retire or move on before they can advance into upward positions in the company.

Since working here in 2009, I have seen the company more than triple in size. They have provided management opportunities to dozens of individuals and continue to grow. As a result of being a part of this organization, I will be able to have job security for as long as I want it and the ability to continue to grow my career for many years.

ConsIf you are not a person that is interested in challenges, personally or professionally, this may not be for you. Those who do not want advancement, growth opportunities, and job security may need to look else where for a position.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to provide more and more opportunity, push people to their potential, and stick to your culture & values.

Great company

ProsI have learned more from management at this company than any previous employers management teams. I believe the reason is because they all had to start exactly where I started, so they can relate to any obstacle. The growth opportunity is better than any company I had previously interviewed with, which was a huge asset in my eyes.

ConsYou do work Saturdays, although I quickly realized my career and growth was much more important than worrying about that.

Not so great.

Dunwoody, GA

ProsEnthusiastic coworkers and upbeat company profile.

Cons"Marketing" company AKA pyramid. You drive on your dime and get paid nominal amount per "sale". All in all, you'll be bugging folks at WalMart about DirecTV for a mediocre salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Worked for DMC Atlanta? Contribute to the Community!

DMC Atlanta Videos

DMC Atlanta – Why Work for Us?

The DMC Atlanta Mission AT DMC Atlanta, we believe that EVERY person deserves to be as successful as he or she desires - as long as that person is willing to do the required work and make the necessary changes. DMC… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DMC Atlanta reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DMC Atlanta CEO Adam Dorfman . All 50 reviews posted anonymously by DMC Atlanta employees.