DMC Atlanta

Updated September 4, 2014
Updated September 4, 2014
4.5

Adam Dorfman

Pros
  • Honestly it's been hard work but I've never felt myself progress this much in such a short period of time (in 5 reviews)

• DMC Atlanta is such a great work environment (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • It's can be hard work, however if you are willing to work hard it definitely pays off (in 5 reviews)

• Getting outside your comfort zone and working with all different types of people will stretch you and make you as well-rounded as possible (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

The best professional and moral support

I have been working at DMC Atlanta

Pros

Adam encourages everyone to step outside of their comfort zone. As one goes through their journey, the support from DMC Atlanta is behind you 100% of the way. They value the person and their work ethic. My memory with this business is one I will never forget. I was struggling with systems and Jenna guided and coached me the entire way. Coaching and development is provided here with the best support. The coaching is based on action items and how to succeed in that action. To this day, the support I get from the company is unlimited and....I just know the sky is the limit. DMC Atlanta has fed my mindset in the most positive way.

Cons

New challenges everyday learning how to manage myself within the systems as I get promoted within the enterprise.

Thank you for knowing my worth. I enjoy everything. Aqua

Sep 9, 2014President

Thank you so much for this amazing review! It's true - we do push our people to be better - and it's hard work - but we appreciate those who appreciate it. Keep up the great work!

Absolute amazing

Current Employee - Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time for less than a year

Pros

The merit based system makes everyone work so much harder to get where they want to be. Everyone in the company is totally driven and motivated, not to mention motivational. The owners go the extra mile for their employees and it only makes everyone want to do the same for them.Great mentors and coaches!

Cons

Dealing with people in retail in general can be a handful, but you have to deal with people wherever you go. Adapting to office hours was hard coming from the restaurant business, but its something you adapt to.

Freedom to Grow

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time for less than a year

Pros

The thing I love the most about working at DMC Atlanta is the freedom I have to be myself and grow without fear of making mistakes. Having fun and making mistakes is something that was taught to me from Day 1, and it is true that anyone making a sincere effort to learn and grow will be given plenty of opportunity to do so. This allows individuals to gain the confidence and skills that are necessary to tap into their true potential - all while being surrounded by peers who are supportive and encouraging in this endeavor.

Cons

Just as your strengths will be magnified, maximized and rewarded, your weaknesses are also exposed. This job may put someone in a vulnerable position, but ultimately it is for their own good. Getting outside your comfort zone and working with all different types of people will stretch you and make you as well-rounded as possible.

Never stop learning and growing yourselves. No one is perfect, but I think you all set a great example of leaders who are willing to listen to others - even those who are considered "beneath them" - and genuinely take to heart the issue at hand. You genuinely want to be challenged and become better, and I would only encourage you all to continue doing so relentlessly.

Jul 19, 2014President

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such amazing feedback!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Refreshing company where I have unlimited growth potential!

Current Employee - Account Manager & Trainer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager & Trainer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the opportunity for growth within the company, they only promote people from within with is really refreshing and exciting to be a part of! It is a fun work environment with ambitious people that are exciting to work with and push me to be better everyday!

Cons

At first I wasn't comfortable speaking in front of the room and running meetings, but I was coached and helped through this uncomfortable learning period and have grown a lot from all of the experiences I've had here!

Keep it up! I'm excited for my future with this company and am thankful for the opportunity!

Excellent team oriented environment that offers great growth and advancement opportunities.

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time

Pros

If you are looking for a fun, professional, high energy work environment DMC Atlanta offers just that. They truly care about their employees and have a very open line of communication between employees and management. The training they provide is very structured and organized which allows new hires to pick up the material right away and succeed from the very beginning. DMC Atlanta encourages questions from all employees if they have them which makes it a very comfortable learning environment. I highly recommend anyone interested in growing within a company, personally or professionally, to work at DMC Atlanta.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about DMC Atlanta. They took me in when I was young and had very little experience and developed me into a much more confident, experienced leader.

Great leader, great people

Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time for less than a year

Pros

Adam is a great leader and employer. The leadership team and team of field reps are young, outgoing, fun people. The office environment is very energetic. I left the company because of personal reasons but before doing so he and his team were extremely kind and accommodating to my situation. Ultimately I took a position outside the company more suited to my situation but will always think very highly of the company and leadership team.

Cons

The only con I can think of is the entry level field marketing role is not the kind of marketing job most people think of when it comes to looking for marketing roles. It is a field sales role in a retail setting. Everyone starts there and if successful will go on to become a manager over a team of people doing the field sales work. There is no office work other than morning team meetings until you advance further along into the management training program. So if you are looking for a career in marketing doing things like social media, creating digital/ print materials, conducting marketing research, product development, etc then this is not the position for you. If you are looking for a career/ experience in sales and an opportunity to go into management it is a great opportunity for you.

Keep doing what you are doing. The company is growing and there is a demand from companies for your services so what your doing is obviously working. The only thing I might change is taking off marketing from the job postings. It is an entry level sales role. The " field marketing" is field sales. The role people will be in for a good time before becoming a manager of their own branch does not really involve any marketing responsibilities. In the interview process this becomes apparent but until seeing first hand what you will be doing in the interview process throwing marketing into the title/responsibilities is a little deceiving to those looking for marketing roles instead of sales roles.

May 1, 2014President

To whoever took the time to write this outstanding review, I'm very touched. We do our best to make sure that EVERYONE who comes into contact with our company - even if they choose to move on - is ... More

Great learning experience

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working here was the same thing as getting a real world MBA. Not only did I learn how effectively market and sell, I was lucky enough to work directly with Sr. Management in the day to day operations. Because of my experience there I was able to move up to the Midwest to open my own firm.

Cons

This is hard work !
    No matter hat level you are at it's exactly where you deserve to be. Your advancement is based 100 % on you.

Keep up the amazing job !!

Mar 16, 2014President

Thank you so much for your review of DMC Atlanta! I can't even tell you how much we appreciate someone taking the time to write something POSITIVE! Most of the time, people only take the time to say ... More

Supportive Work Environment

I worked at DMC Atlanta

Pros

Encouraging work atmosphere, the majority of your peers genuinely want to see you do well.

Cons

Pay is commission only, the travel doesn't get reimbursed at all, slightly odd work hours.

Asking your employees to pay for all of their own travel expenses, when you don't offer a penny of guaranteed salary is absolutely crazy.

Apr 25, 2014President

Sorry to hear you did not enjoy the pay/work hours. However, there might be some sort of misunderstanding, and we would like to clear it up. Every person we hire has guaranteed weekly pay. They also ... More

Great Opportunity, Amazing People - Follow Through on Promises

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I started entry level with DMC Atlanta in March of 2010 as an entry level account manager. Since then, I have moved through the management training program into a senior management position and now run an office in Phoenix, Arizona. The systems, structure, and skills that I learned at DMC have led to my success as a leader and manager. I have also met some of the best friends I have ever had in the company.

When I started, Adam promised me that, if I worked hard and committed myself to growth, I would have a chance to move up. It was hard work, and there were ups and downs, but every bit has been worth it. I look forward to continued growth with DMC.

Cons

The management team is VERY tough on the people they believe in. They consistently push you to step outside of where you are comfortable. At times it can be a little overwhelming, but it is the only way to get better.

Mar 16, 2014President

Thank you for the review of DMC Atlanta. You are absolutely right - we are VERY tough on the people we believe in! Our goal is to put our team members in a position to manage large teams, work with ... More

Great sales experience!

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time for less than a year

Pros

They take you step by step teaching you how to do sales. Its like sales for dummies. Gives you great experience to bring to any job.

Cons

They talk a lot about a pig picture that only comes true for 5% of the people that start. still you might be 5% if you are willing to work harder than anyone else

nothing really, its a great business model maybe work a little harder to get better compensation. But what employee doesn't want that

Mar 16, 2014President

Thank you for taking the time to review. We are ALWAYS working to improve the compensation for our team members. Since we do pay all of our team on a guarantee + commission basis, we know the ... More

Worked for DMC Atlanta? Contribute to the Community!