DMC Atlanta

www.dmcatlanta.com

DMC Atlanta Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Adam Dorfman

Pros
  • Honestly it's been hard work but I've never felt myself progress this much in such a short period of time(in 5 reviews)

• DMC Atlanta is such a great work environment(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • It's can be hard work, however if you are willing to work hard it definitely pays off(in 5 reviews)

• Getting outside your comfort zone and working with all different types of people will stretch you and make you as well-rounded as possible(in 3 reviews)

Freedom to Grow

Account Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe thing I love the most about working at DMC Atlanta is the freedom I have to be myself and grow without fear of making mistakes. Having fun and making mistakes is something that was taught to me from Day 1, and it is true that anyone making a sincere effort to learn and grow will be given plenty of opportunity to do so. This allows individuals to gain the confidence and skills that are necessary to tap into their true potential - all while being surrounded by peers who are supportive and encouraging in this endeavor.

ConsJust as your strengths will be magnified, maximized and rewarded, your weaknesses are also exposed. This job may put someone in a vulnerable position, but ultimately it is for their own good. Getting outside your comfort zone and working with all different types of people will stretch you and make you as well-rounded as possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever stop learning and growing yourselves. No one is perfect, but I think you all set a great example of leaders who are willing to listen to others - even those who are considered "beneath them" - and genuinely take to heart the issue at hand. You genuinely want to be challenged and become better, and I would only encourage you all to continue doing so relentlessly.

Jul 19, 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such amazing feedback!

DMC Atlanta = best support ever!!!

Account Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsDMC Atlanta is the most encouraging and motivating place. The morning meetings really set the tone of the day and everyday I am successful. It's hard work, but worth it. I have grown professionally and personally dramatically. The Account Manager position is rewarding and a lot of fun!

ConsFor me personally, I'd say the thing that I initially found as a con is that it's entry level as I came from management. I do, however, understand that everyone in this company starts at the ground and works their way up.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only advice I wanted to share was to continue the development of the account managers in the company. This is the first time where a company has invested in me and has taken the time to actually train me. I have enjoyed my short time at DMC Atlanta. And I appreciate the help I always need when I ask for it.

Jun 5, 2014

Thank you so much for the kind words! We are doing our best! - AD

Excellent team oriented environment that offers great growth and advancement opportunities.

ProsIf you are looking for a fun, professional, high energy work environment DMC Atlanta offers just that. They truly care about their employees and have a very open line of communication between employees and management. The training they provide is very structured and organized which allows new hires to pick up the material right away and succeed from the very beginning. DMC Atlanta encourages questions from all employees if they have them which makes it a very comfortable learning environment. I highly recommend anyone interested in growing within a company, personally or professionally, to work at DMC Atlanta.

ConsI have nothing negative to say about DMC Atlanta. They took me in when I was young and had very little experience and developed me into a much more confident, experienced leader.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Refreshing company where I have unlimited growth potential!

Account Manager & Trainer (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsI love the opportunity for growth within the company, they only promote people from within with is really refreshing and exciting to be a part of! It is a fun work environment with ambitious people that are exciting to work with and push me to be better everyday!

ConsAt first I wasn't comfortable speaking in front of the room and running meetings, but I was coached and helped through this uncomfortable learning period and have grown a lot from all of the experiences I've had here!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up! I'm excited for my future with this company and am thankful for the opportunity!

Great leader, great people

Entry Level Account Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsAdam is a great leader and employer. The leadership team and team of field reps are young, outgoing, fun people. The office environment is very energetic. I left the company because of personal reasons but before doing so he and his team were extremely kind and accommodating to my situation. Ultimately I took a position outside the company more suited to my situation but will always think very highly of the company and leadership team.

ConsThe only con I can think of is the entry level field marketing role is not the kind of marketing job most people think of when it comes to looking for marketing roles. It is a field sales role in a retail setting. Everyone starts there and if successful will go on to become a manager over a team of people doing the field sales work. There is no office work other than morning team meetings until you advance further along into the management training program. So if you are looking for a career in marketing doing things like social media, creating digital/ print materials, conducting marketing research, product development, etc then this is not the position for you. If you are looking for a career/ experience in sales and an opportunity to go into management it is a great opportunity for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. The company is growing and there is a demand from companies for your services so what your doing is obviously working. The only thing I might change is taking off marketing from the job postings. It is an entry level sales role. The " field marketing" is field sales. The role people will be in for a good time before becoming a manager of their own branch does not really involve any marketing responsibilities. In the interview process this becomes apparent but until seeing first hand what you will be doing in the interview process throwing marketing into the title/responsibilities is a little deceiving to those looking for marketing roles instead of sales roles.

May 1, 2014

To whoever took the time to write this outstanding review, I'm very touched. We do our best to make sure that EVERYONE who comes into contact with our company - even if they choose to move on - is ... More

Great learning experience

Account Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsWorking here was the same thing as getting a real world MBA. Not only did I learn how effectively market and sell, I was lucky enough to work directly with Sr. Management in the day to day operations. Because of my experience there I was able to move up to the Midwest to open my own firm.

ConsThis is hard work !
    No matter hat level you are at it's exactly where you deserve to be. Your advancement is based 100 % on you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the amazing job !!

Mar 16, 2014

Thank you so much for your review of DMC Atlanta! I can't even tell you how much we appreciate someone taking the time to write something POSITIVE! Most of the time, people only take the time to say ... More

Supportive Work Environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEncouraging work atmosphere, the majority of your peers genuinely want to see you do well.

ConsPay is commission only, the travel doesn't get reimbursed at all, slightly odd work hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsking your employees to pay for all of their own travel expenses, when you don't offer a penny of guaranteed salary is absolutely crazy.

Apr 25, 2014

Sorry to hear you did not enjoy the pay/work hours. However, there might be some sort of misunderstanding, and we would like to clear it up. Every person we hire has guaranteed weekly pay. They also ... More

Great Opportunity, Amazing People - Follow Through on Promises

Account Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsI started entry level with DMC Atlanta in March of 2010 as an entry level account manager. Since then, I have moved through the management training program into a senior management position and now run an office in Phoenix, Arizona. The systems, structure, and skills that I learned at DMC have led to my success as a leader and manager. I have also met some of the best friends I have ever had in the company.

When I started, Adam promised me that, if I worked hard and committed myself to growth, I would have a chance to move up. It was hard work, and there were ups and downs, but every bit has been worth it. I look forward to continued growth with DMC.

ConsThe management team is VERY tough on the people they believe in. They consistently push you to step outside of where you are comfortable. At times it can be a little overwhelming, but it is the only way to get better.

Mar 16, 2014

Thank you for the review of DMC Atlanta. You are absolutely right - we are VERY tough on the people we believe in! Our goal is to put our team members in a position to manage large teams, work with ... More

Hard Work Does Pay Off

Account Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsDMC Atlanta is such a great work environment. I really enjoy coming to work everyday with my friends. Everyone is so supportive and ready to help me if I need it-professionally and personally. My previous employment had promises of a promotion, but I was with them for two years and got passed up by someone they hired outside of the company. I really like the mobility within the company. I get rewarded with the recognition and promotions I deserve here. We got an increase in pay recently too, which is awesome!

ConsI don't have any cons to list. I really enjoy coming to work everyday and working with motivated individuals.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for all your insight and coaching.

Mar 16, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a positive review of DMC Atlanta!

-AD

High quality people in a great company

Account Executive (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsBeen working here a little under six months. Originally just wanted some sales training on my resume, and I'd read they provided that. Since I started I've learned so much more and have gotten a chance to develop and practice my leadership skills. Honestly it's been hard work but I've never felt myself progress this much in such a short period of time. A big part of it is I've been applying myself to... but it's been a lot easier to do that because I've been engaged and having a ton of fun every day. That makes coming into work a lot easier and everything a lot more conducive to learning.

ConsWell, it's a program designed to develop managers to help expand business for several Fortune 500 clients. So it requires hard work. It's a career, not a job. If you're looking for just "a job", and some people are, then probably this isn't the gig for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. We're having a blast!

Mar 16, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your experience here at DMC Atlanta! -AD

Worked for DMC Atlanta? Contribute to the Community!