DMC Atlanta

Updated December 9, 2014
Updated December 9, 2014
4.4

Adam Dorfman

Pros
  • I started entry-level like everyone; I had very little sales or business experience (in 5 reviews)

• Honestly it's been hard work but I've never felt myself progress this much in such a short period of time (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • It's can be hard work, however if you are willing to work hard it definitely pays off (in 5 reviews)

• You work more than 40 hours a week for (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Work Hard and Have Fun!

I worked at DMC Atlanta

Pros

The atmosphere is exciting and will make you want to come to work everyday. The management team is extremely committed to helping everyone one of their employees grow and develop as leaders in the company and eventually into management. This entry-level position is a great place to start a career and learn all of the aspects of managing a business. DMC Atlanta teaches sales, marketing, recruiting, HR, team development and personal/professional development as well.

Cons

They do have expectations for their employees. If you do not want to work hard, work longer hours, or invest your time into learning more about people and business, then this will not be a good fit for you.

I love the morning atmosphere where we learn and have fun. Keep the energy up!

Dec 7, 2014President

Thanks for the positive review of our culture and company. I'm happy to hear that our dedication to helping our team grow shines through. Even if someone isn't on our team forever, we want them to ... More

Face to face sales in different retailers.

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great way to meet people. Really fun team environment. Great upward mobility if willing to put in the time and work necessary.

Cons

A lot of time spent traveling to stores. No benefits.

Dec 11, 2014President

Sorry to hear you are unhappy with your current position. Please set up a time to meet with me so that we can see what we can do to help you reach your goals and enjoy coming to work more. I'm going ... More

Who we are

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (more than an year)

Pros

DMC Atlanta is more than a company of business professionals to me. For me, most of the people in the office are like family to me. When I come into the office into the morning its like I never left my home. The atmosphere in the mornings is so warm and welcoming everyday. The positivity in the office is contagious and I cant help but get excited when I step through those doors. I have done other things that I thought I wanted to do and in the end I came back to the open arms of this AMAZING company. The reason that I came back was because of the opportunity for unlimited growth that they offer. Our why is so strongly rooted into this incredible opportunity, we believe that if someone is willing to do the work and make the neccesary personal changes, then that person can be successful as they want in this business. Coming into this business at at young age, DMC guided me through with the talented leadership in the office, and has molded me into the professional that I am today. Thus far DMC has taught me so many things that go beyond just in the office, it has taught me to be responsible with my money, taught me how to inspire and lead others, It also showed me that I have an amazing talent for teaching others. I am proud to tell my family friends and anyone that I work for DMC Atlanta.

WORK HARD PLAY HARD

Cons

Starting Out I had little to no experience compared to others in the office. But as i learned and matured in the company I gained the knowledge and advice to become a leader in the office.

Dec 7, 2014President

Just by reading this, we know exactly who wrote it! Your energy in the office is contagious, and you inspire the team to work hard daily!

Incredible Business and Management Training in a truly rewarding environment.

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager/Corporate Trainer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager/Corporate Trainer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've held 2 professional positions that I left due to lack of both growth potential and training. Working with DMC has proven to be the most incredible training experience where hard work is truly rewarded every step of the way. By devoting myself I have advanced to a senior level position within 5 months and plan to reach Management / Partner in the next 6.

The people you work with are exceptional. It is a very positive and supportive atmosphere where the rewards and recognition of success is second to none.

The opportunity for travel is awesome as well. It is not mandatory but encouraged and is a lot of fun. I've had the opportunity to see cities such as Austin, Cleveland, Chicago, St. Louis and Nashville during my time with DMC.

Compared to other entry level roles DMC offers the top of the line experience to people looking for rapid growth, recognition and training.

What gets me out of bed every morning is not only the ability to advance as fast as I want but also to provide that opportunity to others along the way.

Cons

It's not really a con but this is not a 9 to 5 opportunity. You get out what you put in.

Oct 29, 2014President

WOW! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review of our Leadership and Management Development program. Feels great to have such positive people on our team!

The best professional and moral support

I have been working at DMC Atlanta

Pros

Adam encourages everyone to step outside of their comfort zone. As one goes through their journey, the support from DMC Atlanta is behind you 100% of the way. They value the person and their work ethic. My memory with this business is one I will never forget. I was struggling with systems and Jenna guided and coached me the entire way. Coaching and development is provided here with the best support. The coaching is based on action items and how to succeed in that action. To this day, the support I get from the company is unlimited and....I just know the sky is the limit. DMC Atlanta has fed my mindset in the most positive way.

Cons

New challenges everyday learning how to manage myself within the systems as I get promoted within the enterprise.

Thank you for knowing my worth. I enjoy everything. Aqua

Sep 9, 2014President

Thank you so much for this amazing review! It's true - we do push our people to be better - and it's hard work - but we appreciate those who appreciate it. Keep up the great work!

Absolute amazing

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The merit based system makes everyone work so much harder to get where they want to be. Everyone in the company is totally driven and motivated, not to mention motivational. The owners go the extra mile for their employees and it only makes everyone want to do the same for them.Great mentors and coaches!

Cons

Dealing with people in retail in general can be a handful, but you have to deal with people wherever you go. Adapting to office hours was hard coming from the restaurant business, but its something you adapt to.

Freedom to Grow

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The thing I love the most about working at DMC Atlanta is the freedom I have to be myself and grow without fear of making mistakes. Having fun and making mistakes is something that was taught to me from Day 1, and it is true that anyone making a sincere effort to learn and grow will be given plenty of opportunity to do so. This allows individuals to gain the confidence and skills that are necessary to tap into their true potential - all while being surrounded by peers who are supportive and encouraging in this endeavor.

Cons

Just as your strengths will be magnified, maximized and rewarded, your weaknesses are also exposed. This job may put someone in a vulnerable position, but ultimately it is for their own good. Getting outside your comfort zone and working with all different types of people will stretch you and make you as well-rounded as possible.

Never stop learning and growing yourselves. No one is perfect, but I think you all set a great example of leaders who are willing to listen to others - even those who are considered "beneath them" - and genuinely take to heart the issue at hand. You genuinely want to be challenged and become better, and I would only encourage you all to continue doing so relentlessly.

Jul 19, 2014President

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such amazing feedback!

Refreshing company where I have unlimited growth potential!

Current Employee - Account Manager & Trainer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager & Trainer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love the opportunity for growth within the company, they only promote people from within with is really refreshing and exciting to be a part of! It is a fun work environment with ambitious people that are exciting to work with and push me to be better everyday!

Cons

At first I wasn't comfortable speaking in front of the room and running meetings, but I was coached and helped through this uncomfortable learning period and have grown a lot from all of the experiences I've had here!

Keep it up! I'm excited for my future with this company and am thankful for the opportunity!

Great leader, great people

Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Adam is a great leader and employer. The leadership team and team of field reps are young, outgoing, fun people. The office environment is very energetic. I left the company because of personal reasons but before doing so he and his team were extremely kind and accommodating to my situation. Ultimately I took a position outside the company more suited to my situation but will always think very highly of the company and leadership team.

Cons

The only con I can think of is the entry level field marketing role is not the kind of marketing job most people think of when it comes to looking for marketing roles. It is a field sales role in a retail setting. Everyone starts there and if successful will go on to become a manager over a team of people doing the field sales work. There is no office work other than morning team meetings until you advance further along into the management training program. So if you are looking for a career in marketing doing things like social media, creating digital/ print materials, conducting marketing research, product development, etc then this is not the position for you. If you are looking for a career/ experience in sales and an opportunity to go into management it is a great opportunity for you.

Keep doing what you are doing. The company is growing and there is a demand from companies for your services so what your doing is obviously working. The only thing I might change is taking off marketing from the job postings. It is an entry level sales role. The " field marketing" is field sales. The role people will be in for a good time before becoming a manager of their own branch does not really involve any marketing responsibilities. In the interview process this becomes apparent but until seeing first hand what you will be doing in the interview process throwing marketing into the title/responsibilities is a little deceiving to those looking for marketing roles instead of sales roles.

May 1, 2014President

To whoever took the time to write this outstanding review, I'm very touched. We do our best to make sure that EVERYONE who comes into contact with our company - even if they choose to move on - is ... More

Great learning experience

Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working here was the same thing as getting a real world MBA. Not only did I learn how effectively market and sell, I was lucky enough to work directly with Sr. Management in the day to day operations. Because of my experience there I was able to move up to the Midwest to open my own firm.

Cons

This is hard work !
    No matter hat level you are at it's exactly where you deserve to be. Your advancement is based 100 % on you.

Keep up the amazing job !!

Mar 16, 2014President

Thank you so much for your review of DMC Atlanta! I can't even tell you how much we appreciate someone taking the time to write something POSITIVE! Most of the time, people only take the time to say ... More