DMC Atlanta Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

My success is defined by me!

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I always knew that I wanted to work for a company where I really like going to, I just never really thought it existed until I found DMC Atlanta. I like the fact that we can all relate to each other and have a good time both at work and outside of work. Really enjoy the family/team environment! I didn't expect to make friends so quickly, but I like that I wasn't treated as a new guy(people would go outta their way to get to know me). I was invited out with people from the office just to hang out and check out Atlanta(since I was new to the area). We all get along so well together and I think that's what makes me love my job. I definitely can't see myself working anywhere else, and excited about the future to come!

Cons

Cons are that it's a full time job...this is my first Full Time job and that its more then I'm use to. Its all worth it though and I know I'm gonna be successful based on who I am and my work ethic(not by seniority). The success I make its all based on myself and how much I want to succeed and know I have the opportunity to really do something special with myself and my future!

Advice to Management

Thanks for always being supportive. I've never been apart of a company where the management is so hands on and easily available. I know I can pick up the phone and call at any time and they will help me. Thanks for giving me a chance and I'm looking forward to the future. Thank you!

Feb 10, 2015President

Thanks so much for the great review! We pride ourselves on the opportunities we provide our team - regardless of their background. We know that it's hard work and that we push our team harder than ... More

Do not go here. It's a pyramid scheme

I worked at DMC Atlanta

Pros

Nothing here is good. No way to achieve any goals in a career.

Cons

You will be spending Thursday - Tuesday in Walmart selling direct TV to customers.

Mar 10, 2015President

I am sorry to hear that you had a negative experience here. A couple of things I would like to point out:

1. Since our inception in 2003, we have expanded to 45 offices in 22 states - each run by
    ... More

Pros and cons...truthfully

Former Employee - Account Manager (Direct Sales Representative )
    Former Employee - Account Manager (Direct Sales Representative )

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very nice and positive people, you will make friends
    Helps one become familiar with business environment
    Generous boss that you can talk to personally
    Opportunites to grow (LOTS of time involved though)
    Games and stuff in the morning

Cons

Commission ONLY (they do a draw on checks and don't tell you until you ask)
    Longer work week than expected with travel time and "homework"
    Talking to customers in Wal-Mart
    Off days are only Tuesday and Wednesday
    They do NOT pay for gas, food, anything extra
    If you don't make at least 6 sales every week (and customer gets installed) you will lose the job
    Road trips.

Feb 9, 2015President

Hello - thanks for sharing your opinions on the company and thank you for the kind words about our team and about myself. I would like to clear a few things up:

1. We have multiple pay plans, all
    ... More

DMC offers a lot of promise with very littler delivery

I worked at DMC Atlanta

Pros

Fun upbeat work environment

Cons

Employers expect you drive your car with no compensation for gas around all of Georgia. The pay is 100% commission based with a draw system that takes money from you if you can't meet the minimum requirements

Advice to Management

Give new starts an accurate view of why they're going to be doing, and hold true to the promises you offer.

Who we are

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DMC Atlanta is more than a company of business professionals to me. For me, most of the people in the office are like family to me. When I come into the office into the morning its like I never left my home. The atmosphere in the mornings is so warm and welcoming everyday. The positivity in the office is contagious and I cant help but get excited when I step through those doors. I have done other things that I thought I wanted to do and in the end I came back to the open arms of this AMAZING company. The reason that I came back was because of the opportunity for unlimited growth that they offer. Our why is so strongly rooted into this incredible opportunity, we believe that if someone is willing to do the work and make the neccesary personal changes, then that person can be successful as they want in this business. Coming into this business at at young age, DMC guided me through with the talented leadership in the office, and has molded me into the professional that I am today. Thus far DMC has taught me so many things that go beyond just in the office, it has taught me to be responsible with my money, taught me how to inspire and lead others, It also showed me that I have an amazing talent for teaching others. I am proud to tell my family friends and anyone that I work for DMC Atlanta.

WORK HARD PLAY HARD

Cons

Starting Out I had little to no experience compared to others in the office. But as i learned and matured in the company I gained the knowledge and advice to become a leader in the office.

Dec 7, 2014President

Just by reading this, we know exactly who wrote it! Your energy in the office is contagious, and you inspire the team to work hard daily!

Work Hard and Have Fun!

I worked at DMC Atlanta

Pros

The atmosphere is exciting and will make you want to come to work everyday. The management team is extremely committed to helping everyone one of their employees grow and develop as leaders in the company and eventually into management. This entry-level position is a great place to start a career and learn all of the aspects of managing a business. DMC Atlanta teaches sales, marketing, recruiting, HR, team development and personal/professional development as well.

Cons

They do have expectations for their employees. If you do not want to work hard, work longer hours, or invest your time into learning more about people and business, then this will not be a good fit for you.

Advice to Management

I love the morning atmosphere where we learn and have fun. Keep the energy up!

Dec 7, 2014President

Thanks for the positive review of our culture and company. I'm happy to hear that our dedication to helping our team grow shines through. Even if someone isn't on our team forever, we want them to ... More

Face to face sales in different retailers.

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great way to meet people. Really fun team environment. Great upward mobility if willing to put in the time and work necessary.

Cons

A lot of time spent traveling to stores. No benefits.

Dec 11, 2014President

Sorry to hear you are unhappy with your current position. Please set up a time to meet with me so that we can see what we can do to help you reach your goals and enjoy coming to work more. I'm going ... More

Incredible Business and Management Training in a truly rewarding environment.

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager/Corporate Trainer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager/Corporate Trainer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've held 2 professional positions that I left due to lack of both growth potential and training. Working with DMC has proven to be the most incredible training experience where hard work is truly rewarded every step of the way. By devoting myself I have advanced to a senior level position within 5 months and plan to reach Management / Partner in the next 6.

The people you work with are exceptional. It is a very positive and supportive atmosphere where the rewards and recognition of success is second to none.

The opportunity for travel is awesome as well. It is not mandatory but encouraged and is a lot of fun. I've had the opportunity to see cities such as Austin, Cleveland, Chicago, St. Louis and Nashville during my time with DMC.

Compared to other entry level roles DMC offers the top of the line experience to people looking for rapid growth, recognition and training.

What gets me out of bed every morning is not only the ability to advance as fast as I want but also to provide that opportunity to others along the way.

Cons

It's not really a con but this is not a 9 to 5 opportunity. You get out what you put in.

Oct 29, 2014President

WOW! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review of our Leadership and Management Development program. Feels great to have such positive people on our team!

The best professional and moral support

I have been working at DMC Atlanta

Pros

Adam encourages everyone to step outside of their comfort zone. As one goes through their journey, the support from DMC Atlanta is behind you 100% of the way. They value the person and their work ethic. My memory with this business is one I will never forget. I was struggling with systems and Jenna guided and coached me the entire way. Coaching and development is provided here with the best support. The coaching is based on action items and how to succeed in that action. To this day, the support I get from the company is unlimited and....I just know the sky is the limit. DMC Atlanta has fed my mindset in the most positive way.

Cons

New challenges everyday learning how to manage myself within the systems as I get promoted within the enterprise.

Advice to Management

Thank you for knowing my worth. I enjoy everything. Aqua

Sep 9, 2014President

Thank you so much for this amazing review! It's true - we do push our people to be better - and it's hard work - but we appreciate those who appreciate it. Keep up the great work!

Absolute amazing

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The merit based system makes everyone work so much harder to get where they want to be. Everyone in the company is totally driven and motivated, not to mention motivational. The owners go the extra mile for their employees and it only makes everyone want to do the same for them.Great mentors and coaches!

Cons

Dealing with people in retail in general can be a handful, but you have to deal with people wherever you go. Adapting to office hours was hard coming from the restaurant business, but its something you adapt to.

RSS Feed </> Embed