DMC Atlanta

Updated September 4, 2014
Updated September 4, 2014
4.5

Adam Dorfman

Pros
  • Honestly it's been hard work but I've never felt myself progress this much in such a short period of time (in 5 reviews)

• DMC Atlanta is such a great work environment (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • It's can be hard work, however if you are willing to work hard it definitely pays off (in 5 reviews)

• Getting outside your comfort zone and working with all different types of people will stretch you and make you as well-rounded as possible (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Hard Work Does Pay Off

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time for more than a year

Pros

DMC Atlanta is such a great work environment. I really enjoy coming to work everyday with my friends. Everyone is so supportive and ready to help me if I need it-professionally and personally. My previous employment had promises of a promotion, but I was with them for two years and got passed up by someone they hired outside of the company. I really like the mobility within the company. I get rewarded with the recognition and promotions I deserve here. We got an increase in pay recently too, which is awesome!

Cons

I don't have any cons to list. I really enjoy coming to work everyday and working with motivated individuals.

Thank you for all your insight and coaching.

Mar 16, 2014President

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a positive review of DMC Atlanta!

-AD

High quality people in a great company

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time for less than a year

Pros

Been working here a little under six months. Originally just wanted some sales training on my resume, and I'd read they provided that. Since I started I've learned so much more and have gotten a chance to develop and practice my leadership skills. Honestly it's been hard work but I've never felt myself progress this much in such a short period of time. A big part of it is I've been applying myself to... but it's been a lot easier to do that because I've been engaged and having a ton of fun every day. That makes coming into work a lot easier and everything a lot more conducive to learning.

Cons

Well, it's a program designed to develop managers to help expand business for several Fortune 500 clients. So it requires hard work. It's a career, not a job. If you're looking for just "a job", and some people are, then probably this isn't the gig for you.

Keep doing what you're doing. We're having a blast!

Mar 16, 2014President

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your experience here at DMC Atlanta! -AD

Great company to work for to kick start your career in business.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time for more than a year

Pros

One of the best companies I've been apart of. The work atmosphere is inviting and highly motivating, this company believes that great training should be the essential for success. That is why the management training program is head and shoulders above any other company that i have worked for. If someone is looking for that breakthrough career choice with unlimited upside potential, than DMC Atlanta is the place for you.

Cons

You have to work hard to get where you want to go!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun people, Fun job, Big opportunity

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to work with fun people, you have 100% control over your own success and advancement, constant growth and advancement opportunity

Cons

You need to be competitive and focus on self development, which wasn't a problem for me, but for some it may be challenging

i loved seeing all the promotions and offices we opened in the time I was there, you should make a list on your website of all the offices you have opened

Great learning experience!

Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DMC Atlanta as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I worked with DMC over the summer as an intern and I couldn't of asked for a better experience. Fun environment, surrounded by great people, and learned more about sales/marketing/business then any class or test that I have taken. Looking forward to the opportunity of coming back.

Cons

Coming into my internship I wasn't aware of the focus and commitment that it really took in order to be successful.

The environment that you have created is great. Wouldn't change a thing.

Merit Based Growth

Current Employee - Account Manager & Trainer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager & Trainer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time for less than a year

Pros

Merit based growth and promotions. No seniority. Mixed pay structure; not commission only. AMAZING people to work with. Great management and training staff.

Cons

If you don't want to work hard for the life you strive for then this isn't the place for you.

More personal development meetings. They've helped me a ton, and I really enjoy listening to Adam's meetings and how he got to where he is today.

Mar 16, 2014President

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a positive review of DMC Atlanta!

Since this was posted, we have worked hard to increase the time spent on personal development of our team. We
    ... More

Entrepreneurial environment where I learned sales, training others and leadership strategies.

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time for less than a year

Pros

I felt like I was going to business school. The owner was very hands on in my mentorship, which I appreciated. In fact, I'm writing this review because I left to start my own business and everything I learned with DMC is helping me tremendously.

Cons

Dealing with stupid people in the retail world got a little old and training new grads who want everything handed to them instead of having to work for it definitely got a little frustrating.

Try to find ways to hire more people who are really self-motivated and who don't look to blame others for not getting those sales, which are actually really easy to get in this company.

Fast Paced Environment

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is always something to do, so I'm never bored. And it's not just busy work, it tasks that teach me something and help improve my productivity. The environment is a lot of fun, and it also carries over to outside of work. We also do a lot of volunteer events as well.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say.

I think they are doing a great job.

Training and Development Program the Prepares You for Your Future

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I started with DMC Atlanta, in November of 2009 as an entry level account manger. I came into the company looking to gain experience as a recent MBA graduate to prepare me for further career opportunities and found my career right here.

I was given hands on experience in sales, marketing, financing, training & development of others, advertising and human resources; All of the basic fundamentals needed to be successful in any business role in any organization. I was trained thoroughly in each area and taught how to be an effective manager and leader of others. The people who trained me actually cared about my success and they cared about me, something I hadn't found in most companies I had worked with prior to DMC Atlanta.

The management development program they provide develops people not only in these areas of business but also helps an individual develop personally. The people and culture helped build my confidence and allowed me to believe in myself that I was capable of more than I thought. From this program, I have become the person I always wanted to be, but thought I wasn't capable of becoming. If it was not for the great coaching and mentoring of the management team I would still believe that. They stick strong to their values and make sure that anyone that is working hard for themselves gets an opportunity for success.

The opportunity they provide for advancement is based upon someone's performance, which means only those who deserve the promotions and rewards receive them. They do not care how long someone has been working with the firm, but what they are capable of doing while they are there. No one has to wait for someone to retire or move on before they can advance into upward positions in the company.

Since working here in 2009, I have seen the company more than triple in size. They have provided management opportunities to dozens of individuals and continue to grow. As a result of being a part of this organization, I will be able to have job security for as long as I want it and the ability to continue to grow my career for many years.

Cons

If you are not a person that is interested in challenges, personally or professionally, this may not be for you. Those who do not want advancement, growth opportunities, and job security may need to look else where for a position.

Continue to provide more and more opportunity, push people to their potential, and stick to your culture & values.

Great company

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have learned more from management at this company than any previous employers management teams. I believe the reason is because they all had to start exactly where I started, so they can relate to any obstacle. The growth opportunity is better than any company I had previously interviewed with, which was a huge asset in my eyes.

Cons

You do work Saturdays, although I quickly realized my career and growth was much more important than worrying about that.

Worked for DMC Atlanta? Contribute to the Community!