DMN3

Updated February 9, 2015
Updated February 9, 2015
3.4

Pam Lockard

Good experience, with an interesting array of people.

I worked at DMN3

Pros

I enjoyed working at DMN3, and was able to learn a few things that made me more marketable as a business professional. The CEO seems to care about her employees, and often has appreciation lunches/staff meetings to get everyone involved with the happenings of the company and current clientele.

Cons

PTO literally sucks, there is no work/life balance. Raises are non-existent, unless you started at the bottom of the pile, then you might get one.

My experience here was not pleasant. My fellow coworkers were great, but the leadership is killing the place.

Former Employee - Account in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Account in Houston, TX

I worked at DMN3

Pros

Good people and decent pay.

Cons

There is little trust between leadership and employees. In fact, the leadership talks bad about the staff which brings morale down. I've never worked in a more controlling environment - unlike any other agency I've worked at before taking this job.

Take care of your people!!!!! Respect them and quit micro managing them.

The Fake Reviews Should Be A Clue...

Former Employee - Management in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Management in Houston, TX

I worked at DMN3 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some very nice & intelligent people work here - unfortunately, that description doesn't carry over to the executives.
    Salary is competitive.

Cons

- Micro-management like you would not believe. Sign-in sheets, executives leaving angry voicemails because they forget they approved your PTO.
    - As someone else said, this company will make you take PTO for Dr's apts, etc (regardless of whether you worked weekends or "overtime" <- the parenthesis denotes that you don't get paid overtime)
    - Absolutely 0 knowledge of the digital space. The company is staffed by direct mail marketers - good ones at that - but the CEO already bought & completely tanked a viable digital agency and keeps trying to apply outdated methodologies to a digital space she doesn't understand.
     - If you join the digital team, be ready to get tasked with inane orders (regardless of what the client asked for or actually needs). This is a result of the micro-management, the CEO/CIO tend to try and direct digital efforts. That would be fine...if they had a clue about the digital marketing space. Lots of "face palm" going on.

Either listen to the employees you have on-staff about digital marketing (reading an SEO book, does not an "all things digital marketing" expert make...).
    Quit micro-managing. You've already lost talented employees to this.
    Don't get mad when your digital directors have opposing opinions - if you don't trust them to be experts, why did you hire them? You may own the race car but SHEESH, you don't know how to drive it.

Good experience but a backwards envireonment.

I have been working at DMN3

Pros

great people who back each other up; management cares but is useless; building is nice

Cons

sign-in sheet for morning noon and exit like a mcdonalds employee
    no company wide notice when people quit
    some directors dont know how to do their job

tell employees when someone quits

My experience at DMN3 was a good experience.

I worked at DMN3 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

DMN3 was able to provide a lot of growth opportunity, giving me valuable experience that I am able to carry throughout my career. Additionally, I was able to work with a variety of clients, keeping it interesting all the time!

Cons

Office location was kind of far from me, personally.

Continue with company meetings with everyone to keep them in the loop, and sharing cool projects the agency has done.

Over 7 years

I have been working at DMN3 full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

DMN3 is a place to go if you want to expand your career and learn. There is a real focus on keeping employees up to date in digital and direct. All employees are email certified and have inbound marketing certifications. Great benefits and a healthy bonus for six consecutive years -- except in the 2009 Recession.

Cons

Not a place for everyone. Only go there if you want to be a top performer and do your best. Management has little tolerance for people that do not carry their weight and always call in sick on Monday and Friday.

Do two employee meetings/lunches per month instead of one. It helps keep us informed and motivated. Keep sharing company results. Work on making it a little less serious.

Upper Management Flawed - Relieved to have left

I worked at DMN3 full-time

Pros

- The salary is decent.
    - Some of the employees are very nice.

Cons

- Management micromanage you in every way. For example - You need to sign in and out in the mornings/evenings and at lunch.
    - It is the type of company that makes you take PTO for a doctor appointment or if your car breaks down.
    - Tense work atmosphere.
    - High employee turnover paints the clearest picture.

Treat your employees better and give them freedom to work - the atmosphere in the office and work output will improve greatly.

Glad I am gone

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at DMN3 full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Gained Good Knowledge with a decent salary & benefits

Cons

Terrible people management skills from the top, down

Treat your employees with more respect- as humans-as they (managemtn) would like to be treated (from a professional perspective)

Exciting Opportunities

Current Employee - Director Interactive Services in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director Interactive Services in Houston, TX

I have been working at DMN3 full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company is in the midst of some exciting changes and if you like the start-up culture then this is it for marketing agencies in Houston!

Cons

It feels like a start up so sometimes you have to wear multiple hats and it can seem crazy at times.

Don't grow to quickly

Great leadership, great team, great clients!!!

Current Contractor - Executive Director - DMN3 Institute in Houston, TX
    Current Contractor - Executive Director - DMN3 Institute in Houston, TX

I have been working at DMN3 as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

DMN3 is a marketing services agency with offices in Houston and Dallas. The agency is focused primarily on the energy, financial, health care, and retail industries. There is also the DMN3 Healthcare Practice Group that combines traditional direct response experience with the latest digital, mobile and social media methods. DMN3 has an educational arm - The DMN3 Institute. DMN3 was Ranked Third Fastest-Growing Woman-Owned Business in Houston by The Houston Business Journal. The agency is a top notch marketing agency with strategic and tactical offerings in direct and integrated programs and database metrics. The savvy pros on staff and evolving culture make it a fun place to work. Opportunity abounds with the unique mix of client work.

Cons

Not many cons at this agency. It's a great work environment with a solid leadership team. I am not certain how pay scales at the agency compare to other firms of the same size however I think that DMN3 is competitive even with the mega firms in the same industry. Work performance standards when it comes to client work is high.

Continue bringing in top tier talent.

DMN3 Photos