DOOR3

www.door3.com

DOOR3 Reviews

Updated Mar 7, 2014

Alex Asianov

Continued great work from a boutique and talented digital agency.

ProsExciting client portfolio and continued attraction of good new clients. Working with people planning, designing and building true digital products (millions of users, real impact). Day to day work with product owners, user experience specialists (from a UI perspective) and engineers. Mapping all that good "tech stuff" back to business and customer impact.

ConsThings are evolving and changing all the time. And processes by which the job gets done can change accordingly. It requires flexibility and an active engagement with the company, vs. just "doing your job". True of most growth companies. But, not for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetention seems strong. Employee feedback to management seems to be taken seriously. Thanks for listening and the ongoing commitment to making DOOR3 a good place to work.

DOOR3 Director of Operations responded to this review

Jul 16, 2014

Dear Employee,

Thank you for your feedback. We recognize that everyone who works here has many other choices, and we want to make sure that working at DOOR3 is everyone's top choice.

We are
    ... More

Great Co-workers

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsCompetitive Salary, great coworkers, good environment.

ConsThe company is getting busier each day, but the need of better co-ordination, planning and leadership is being fulfilled at the same time.

Great company/startup

Developer (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsStartup culture, great fun people, decent salaries, and will learn alot.

ConsTake in any project without good feasibility analysis.

Advice to Senior ManagementPreserve the startup mentality, choose projects wisely.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very happy here

Senior Developer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsVery cool culture, people genuinely get along and enjoy hanging out together after hours. No shortage of joking around the office, but people work hard on their projects and know what they're doing. There is also a good variety of interesting project to work on. I've had some pretty neat opportunities to learn new things and expand my skillset.

ConsPipeline can be uneven at times, but I'd generally expect that. I was offered more at other places when I took this job (though I didn't like their culture enough to take them).

Huge Personal Growth Experience

Developer (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros* With the company close to 3 years
    * The company has been incredibly supportive, both personally and professionally.
    * I have had huge career growth opportunities (I have been promoted 3 times within 3 years)
    * Open communication with management - Management staff has always been responsive to ideas and even disagreements about implementation
    * I have had the opportunity to teach and participate in job education classes
    * Company supportive of training (financially and interpersonaly)
    * Company sponsored outings to increase morale
    * Free snacks/soda
    * Company sports teams

Cons* Salary below market average
    * Fast growth has resulted in needing to work long hours to maintain project schedules
    * Response to escalation sometimes gets lost in the chain

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more results oriented in dealing with escalations

Growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe companies overall environment is one that encourages exploration of ones skills and growth of them. You will be challenged and exposed to new technologies. You are encouraged to broaden your horizons and DOOR3 assists you in furthering your development with an education budget for each employee.

ConsDOOR3 has a lot to figure out.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in your company and pick a direction to go in. I believe the problem that DOOR3 has is that it attempts to wear to many hats and dabble in everything. While this may bring in a diverse range of projects and possible income resources this will not give you the stature of being specialist and companies typically only want to deal with specialist in bigger project with more money.

An amazing place to work at!! Great Culture and Growth!

Senior User Experience Designer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe culture at DOOR3 is unmatched. I'm surrounded by a group of very smart individuals that also have a big heart. Everyone in the organization is welcoming and consistently open minded. It's a place where growth happens and everyone works towards the same goals. DOOR3 truly feels like a family and a well oiled machine.

ConsWork life comes with unavoidable issues and potential conflicts, however, at DOOR3 we strive to always solve problems amicably so that the company and its individuals can learn and evolve.

Terrible tech company

(Current Employee)

ProsMy boss but very under utilised by current management team, nor respected or listened to. The current management team are constantly bickering and treating one another with very little respect, vision or trust. I'm amazed the company is still in operation.

ConsPeople were frequently being blamed about mistakes, thoughts or ideas that may make things better. HR got fired recently which is a sign of how they think about their people. Work ethic was not client focused, but rather just get done the bear minimum, and make the most margin. Was not paid on time, always nervous of getting paid. Terrible negative culture. Heard from other consultants that they were would often get paid very late like 6 weeks late or longer.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet organized, or close the company. Treat your employees as people not slaves. Show some respect for peoples talent and capabilities, its amazing what people can do given the right environment and management. Also the culture here is none existent.

DOOR3 CEO responded to this review

Sep 5, 2013

Thanks to the writer for contributing.

I would strongly encourage the writer to have an open discussion with me, for several reasons:

- This review is dramatically out of line with the views of
    ... More

DOOR3 offers valuable, important services to companies of all sizes and markets.

Digital Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsIt is very interesting to consult across industries and help provide functional, usable digital solutions across devices. A lot of great focus on mobile (stuff that is adopted and really works).

ConsDOOR3 is very busy, which means that sometimes it feels there is urgency in the air that could have been avoided with better coordination and planning.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Fast pace rollercoaster

Front End Developer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat team and team work. Comfortable work environment. Able to work flexible hours

ConsOverly busy because of growing to fast.

Worked for DOOR3? Contribute to the Community!