DOOR3

4.0

Alex Asianov

A great place to work.

I worked at DOOR3

Pros

A very positive experience. I love the culture.

Cons

A bit stressful, but where isn't.

“Smart people. Big ideas. Great opportunity.”

I have been working at DOOR3 full-time

Pros

If you are a driven individual, this is a great place for you to learn. You have the ability to personally navigate your career in the direction you want, focusing on projects/ initiatives that interest you. Big ideas and creativity are recognized throughout the company.

Cons

Each team is composed of very smart people, but there is a problem of cross-functional team communication. A common goal will be established, but everyone thinks their way is the smartest way to reach that goal and is not easily persuaded to think otherwise.

Open communication. The company is small enough where everyone should have an idea of what each team is working on. Aligning communication will help forecast challenges that may arise and create healthier collaboration.

Continued great work from a boutique and talented digital agency.

I have been working at DOOR3 full-time

Pros

Exciting client portfolio and continued attraction of good new clients. Working with people planning, designing and building true digital products (millions of users, real impact). Day to day work with product owners, user experience specialists (from a UI perspective) and engineers. Mapping all that good "tech stuff" back to business and customer impact.

Cons

Things are evolving and changing all the time. And processes by which the job gets done can change accordingly. It requires flexibility and an active engagement with the company, vs. just "doing your job". True of most growth companies. But, not for everyone.

Retention seems strong. Employee feedback to management seems to be taken seriously. Thanks for listening and the ongoing commitment to making DOOR3 a good place to work.

DOOR3 Response

Jul 16, 2014Director of Operations

Dear Employee,

Thank you for your feedback. We recognize that everyone who works here has many other choices, and we want to make sure that working at DOOR3 is everyone's top choice.

We are
    ... More

Great Co-workers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at DOOR3 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Competitive Salary, great coworkers, good environment.

Cons

The company is getting busier each day, but the need of better co-ordination, planning and leadership is being fulfilled at the same time.

Great company/startup

Former Employee - Developer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Developer in New York, NY

I worked at DOOR3 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Startup culture, great fun people, decent salaries, and will learn alot.

Cons

Take in any project without good feasibility analysis.

Preserve the startup mentality, choose projects wisely.

Very happy here

Current Employee - Senior Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at DOOR3 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very cool culture, people genuinely get along and enjoy hanging out together after hours. No shortage of joking around the office, but people work hard on their projects and know what they're doing. There is also a good variety of interesting project to work on. I've had some pretty neat opportunities to learn new things and expand my skillset.

Cons

Pipeline can be uneven at times, but I'd generally expect that. I was offered more at other places when I took this job (though I didn't like their culture enough to take them).

Huge Personal Growth Experience

Current Employee - Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at DOOR3 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

* With the company close to 3 years
    * The company has been incredibly supportive, both personally and professionally.
    * I have had huge career growth opportunities (I have been promoted 3 times within 3 years)
    * Open communication with management - Management staff has always been responsive to ideas and even disagreements about implementation
    * I have had the opportunity to teach and participate in job education classes
    * Company supportive of training (financially and interpersonaly)
    * Company sponsored outings to increase morale
    * Free snacks/soda
    * Company sports teams

Cons

* Salary below market average
    * Fast growth has resulted in needing to work long hours to maintain project schedules
    * Response to escalation sometimes gets lost in the chain

Be more results oriented in dealing with escalations

Growth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at DOOR3 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The companies overall environment is one that encourages exploration of ones skills and growth of them. You will be challenged and exposed to new technologies. You are encouraged to broaden your horizons and DOOR3 assists you in furthering your development with an education budget for each employee.

Cons

DOOR3 has a lot to figure out.

Invest more in your company and pick a direction to go in. I believe the problem that DOOR3 has is that it attempts to wear to many hats and dabble in everything. While this may bring in a diverse range of projects and possible income resources this will not give you the stature of being specialist and companies typically only want to deal with specialist in bigger project with more money.

An amazing place to work at!! Great Culture and Growth!

Current Employee - Senior User Experience Designer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior User Experience Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at DOOR3 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The culture at DOOR3 is unmatched. I'm surrounded by a group of very smart individuals that also have a big heart. Everyone in the organization is welcoming and consistently open minded. It's a place where growth happens and everyone works towards the same goals. DOOR3 truly feels like a family and a well oiled machine.

Cons

Work life comes with unavoidable issues and potential conflicts, however, at DOOR3 we strive to always solve problems amicably so that the company and its individuals can learn and evolve.

Terrible tech company

I have been working at DOOR3 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My boss but very under utilised by current management team, nor respected or listened to. The current management team are constantly bickering and treating one another with very little respect, vision or trust. I'm amazed the company is still in operation.

Cons

People were frequently being blamed about mistakes, thoughts or ideas that may make things better. HR got fired recently which is a sign of how they think about their people. Work ethic was not client focused, but rather just get done the bear minimum, and make the most margin. Was not paid on time, always nervous of getting paid. Terrible negative culture. Heard from other consultants that they were would often get paid very late like 6 weeks late or longer.

Get organized, or close the company. Treat your employees as people not slaves. Show some respect for peoples talent and capabilities, its amazing what people can do given the right environment and management. Also the culture here is none existent.

DOOR3 Response

Sep 5, 2013CEO

Thanks to the writer for contributing.

I would strongly encourage the writer to have an open discussion with me, for several reasons:

- This review is dramatically out of line with the views of
    ... More