DOTmed.com Reviews

5 reviews filtered by
3.9
Philip Jacobus

1. Growing company with lots of opportunity. Open environment for good or bad.

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at DOTmed.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There's a lot of potential here, and they're always trying to find new ways to be more successful. The growing business in a hot industry means that people are generally well taken care of and ideas are listened to.

Cons

The quick growth of the two years that I was there meant that everyone had to keep up with a changing business environment. I know this wasn't for everyone and I saw many people who just couldn't handle being in charge of themselves.

Auction Sales/Director of Business Developement/Senior Advertising Sales

Current Employee - Senior Advertising Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Advertising Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at DOTmed.com full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at DOTmed for over 5 years and can truly say it was a once in a lifetime experience.

From coming in as a kid who didn't know anything about business to leaving as a polished salesmen and experienced businessman, I learned invaluable skills and lessons that you couldn't pick up if you received an MBA twice.

Yes, the owner is a little eccentric, stern, and to the point, but in this day, I think anyone with ambition and wanting to grow as a professional, DOTmed is a great training ground. You know where you stand everyday and there aren't any layers of management bs. If your a hard worker and like working in a fast paced environment, you will have many opportunities to apply yourself.

I'll always be grateful for my experience, and if it wasn't for the many great opportunities I was given, I wouldn't be where I am now.

Cons

Must have a thick skin and be ready to think on your feet at all times.

3. I worked here for over 2 years in sales and marketing.

I worked at DOTmed.com

Pros

Traveling to trade shows is great and you have the opportunity to make a lot of money if goals are met.

Cons

Awful management team, terrible office environment. I wouldn't waste your time working here. It's really hard to care about your job when your employer doesn't care about you.

Advice to Management

Relax. Invest some time in good employees and they may stick around a little longer.

5. I worked in operations for 3 years. Overall positive experience.

Former Employee - Operations in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Operations in New York, NY

I worked at DOTmed.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There's basically unlimited room for growth here, since the company is growing so quickly and the management stucture is so flat.

Cons

High pressure environment and the customers really hold you to a high standard. Many people use this site to make a living and need questions answered quickly and correctly.

Advice to Management

Maybe stop trying to do everything and focus more.

CEO has a couple of loose screws

Former Employee - New York in New York, NY
    Former Employee - New York in New York, NY

I worked at DOTmed.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company has been up and running for about 10 years. The formatting of the site is interesting and very useful to those involved in the medical industry.

Cons

The office atmosphere is somewhat like being in the military or a detention center. Everyone's afraid of the boss, literary afraid. He's a yeller and very demeaning. There is no room for laughs unless you're a top seller, then you can do whatever you please.