DR Systems, Inc Reviews

Rick Porritt

1. Unique Culture with Many Opportunities to Grow

Current Employee - Level I Technical Support - Help Desk in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Level I Technical Support - Help Desk in San Diego, CA

I have been working at DR Systems, Inc full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company culture was built on helping each other learn & develop a challenging product. There is tremendous support by more experienced people throughout the company. Many opportunities to grow and excel within company.

Cons

Tends to be a lack of leadership involvement, including limited direction on future plans and overall company goals. However, because there are minimal layers, it's easy to talk to management and be heard. Salaries are lower than market but health care benefits are excellent.

2. Now Merge Healthcare

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at DR Systems, Inc

Pros

It was a decent company until the founder sold that employees gave dedication that equeled profit.

Cons

When announcing that DR Systems was acquired by Merge Healthcare, it would have been very nice to call are own "DR town hall"including all employees regarding the acquesion news with an opportunity for Q/A instead your only option receiving announcement via email and listening to an earnings report.

We all understand - selling your company is your business, but realize a majority of DR employees gave you a 100% commitment allowing you a profit year after year.

Old/New Executive management communicate to your team honestly, don't play them for your own personal advancement and speak double talk.

3. It was either too challenging or too easy and boring.

Former Employee - Developer
    Former Employee - Developer

I worked at DR Systems, Inc

Pros

Mellow and quite workplace. Flexible Hours

Cons

Workplace gets boring. Too quiet.

More connections with employees rather that just assignment of tasks.

Nice company but just got bought out by another company.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at DR Systems, Inc full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I currently work at DR Systems and it is has been a very nice company with very good and nice people & managers. There has been quite a few long term employees over here and I can see why.

Cons

Here is the problem though the company has merged with another company called Merge Healthcare just last week. They sent a email to all the employees right after the acquisition which I didn't think was the right why to tell all the employees and to handle this!

There is a lot of uncertainty right now and most employees are not happy about this acquisition. Merge Healthcare does not have good reviews so DR Systems will most likely be going through a lot of changes and not for the better!

At this stage of the game I would not recommend coming to work here until the dust settles, and we see if the merger is for the better or worse! I will keep everyone informed within the next 2 weeks to 3 months and let you know if everyone is still working over here or if the Axe starts flying around here.

Should have had an ALL Hands meeting to deliver this news to the employees. Note to the managers of the new company at Merge Healthcare: please treat the people here better than the reviews I see about your company because this has been a nice and friendly small company and the employees have been happy until now.

I would have given more than 2 stars, but this merger has everyone very concerned right now. I will let you know if I and everyone else still has a job in the next few weeks.

6. Former tech support-full time

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at DR Systems, Inc full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

DR has a laid back atmosphere and nice people to work with, I got time off whenever I asked for it and one-on-ones with the boss were a regular thing.

Cons

Lower pay than competitive companies and areas. There is a lot of employee turn over which makes it difficult to maintain their complex software.

7. A failing business

I have been working at DR Systems, Inc full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Independent atmosphere, technology driven in a market when that sets the advantage to companies.

Cons

Founder of DR Systems is not customer friendly and has a poor attitude outside of his own thoughts and actions. Several customers are turned off by this "my way or the highway" thought process.

Know what your install base customers think and feel about the company and their service support. Listen to concerns and act on them

8. This is a great company to work for

I have been working at DR Systems, Inc

Pros

Compensation, opportunities to grow, and friendly people.

Cons

Few opportunities to further formal education, and internal training is mediocre at best. Most of the work is proprietary. Much of the learning with this job is Trial by Fire. Movement within the company can be somewhat limited.

Provide better opportunities for furthering a formal education.

9. Great company to work for. Just about everyone is friendly.

Current Employee - SQA Engineer in Mira Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - SQA Engineer in Mira Mesa, CA

I have been working at DR Systems, Inc

Pros

I really like how flexible my hours were during my summer internship and even as a full-time student. Most things seemed relaxed and just about everyone wanted to help out.

Cons

I felt that there was no concrete direction I am moving in. I was pretty much free to do whatever, but was never given a set task. I was moved around in tasks a lot.

I'd say more organized in dealing with projects.

10. Company in transition

I worked at DR Systems, Inc full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Industry-leading technologies ensure the company will continue.

Cons

The company is still operating like a startup, without clear organizational structures and processes. New management personnel brought in to rectify the situation is unclear and overwhelmed with the situation yet not willing to admit it or seek others' input. The founders' micromanagement doesn't help.

Learn how to delegate and accept the results. Don't hire weasels.

11. Great company to work until retirement

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at DR Systems, Inc full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Competent and considering colleagues, will help you any time

Cons

Looking for its way to grow