DRC

Updated Jan 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Very encouraging and fostering environment.

Information Assurance (Current Employee)
    Arlington, VA

ProsVery encouraging management team; they take the time to provide work-life balance for employees.

ConsUnfortunately, retention issues are widespread. There is a lot of turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure current employees remain happy to improve retention.

Great work atmosphere

ProsSolid pay, good people at the direct labor level. High win rate for work.

ConsJust got bought out by Engility

Excellent company overall

Pros-Values relationship-building internally and externally with the client
    -Management actively seeks out more project work for the future
    -Great benefits
    -Nice work-at-home policy when possible (depends on client)
    -Hire exceptional workers with impressive skill sets; no one on the team is a one-trick pony

Cons-Corporate training webinars are a little archaic; could stand to be more interactive to start conversations/discussion
    -Employees should have the opportunity to review their managers during performance review time
    -People are promoted from within, which is great, however without the proper coaching that is needed and/or required to become an effective, professional manager
    -Software tools needed to do our jobs are not always approved for purchase, which does not encourage quality materials or efficient work

Advice to Senior ManagementMore coaching/training is needed for middle management promotions before they actually become managers.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management is good old boys club

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Reston, VA

ProsGood possiblities in the marketplace, but officers in Massachusetts weak on strategic planning.

ConsC level executives down in the weeds too much. Need to give authority to people on the front lines of business

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce staff in operations and listen to people down the food chain.

Worst Run Company I ever experienced

Director (Current Employee)
    Arlington, VA

ProsNONE, Management is the worst ever.

ConsManagement is horrible. Employees are treated poorly. Performance is not rewarded

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the President, and all the SVPs. Start fresh.

Horrible Management

Analyst (Current Employee)
    Arlington, VA

ProsYou get paid every two weeks, providing you don't get mysteriously fired.

ConsTheir website talks about providing their employees "respect." I can only assume their idea of respect is different from the rest of us.

Respect? DRC's On-site management repeatedly raised their voices at us, spoke down to us, and even chewed us out in front of our peers. As one longtime employee whispered to me, "This is the most unhappy place I have ever worked at."

Respect? DRC's management had a major software delivery scheduled for the Monday after the Thanksgiving weekend. So the poor programmers spent the Thanksgiving weekend working 10 - 12 hours at the client site in an attempt to get the software release installed. No time with family and friends during the one long holiday designed just for family and friends. Did DRC think about these employees' families and friends by scheduling a release on a Monday after a major holiday? Of course not! But then again, that's DRC's idea of "Respect."

Respect? In the first six months of working for DRC, I saw the entire computer programming staff turned over. People would be fired late in the day, never to be seen again. Just an awful working environment!

Advice to Senior ManagementDRC mamagment can't fire themselves; too bad, because it is the management that is responsible for such an unpleasant, hostile work environment. I honestly don't know how these people sleep at night. But then again, since DRC management has no conscience, they probably sleep very well.

Which all explains why the company is in trouble, losing business along with employees.

Excellent Company, excellent managers

Washington, DC

ProsThe managers that I have had exposure to are top notch. They go to bat for their employees, and they lead by example. I've also been given the nudges I need to excel and develop in the workforce. They do everything they can to hold onto their top employees.

ConsSomewhat hard to move within the company.

Desperately trying to change

Senior Associate II (Former Employee)
    Arlington, VA

ProsWilling to look at what works and what doesn't. Made a good acquisition with HPTi. A decent set of internal tools and practices.

ConsDRC let too many contracts end in the same year with no follow ups. Revenue dropped like a rock. The current federal market is not there for a company struggling to make new sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the leadership team photos. Seriously consider jettisoning everyone with fully silver or gray hair. New blood is needed to change the company culture.

Right position = right place, otherwise...

Software Developer (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits package
    Attempts open communication from management to all personnel
    Nice people
    Coaching and mentoring

ConsLimited technical projects
    Slow or no progressive initiatives
    Cheapest items possible for employees usage

Manipulative and Dishonest

Program Manager (Former Employee)
    Herndon, VA

ProsInteresting / Quality Work for Important Clients
    Schedule Flexibility for Family Time When Required
    Some Good Individuals
    Comperable Benefits and Pay

ConsWas promised a dual role during the interview process ... part client facing, part corporate business development. After 4 months, it became clear they had no intention of honoring their committment on the business development front. Very Disappointing.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that respecting your employees means telling them the truth upfront and not forcing them to query, push and pull to get an honest answer.

Worked for DRC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DRC reviews and ratings. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by DRC employees.