DRS Technologies

Be The First To
Add Photos

DRS Technologies CEO William J. Lynn III

William J. Lynn III

Pros
  • Good Benefits and great co-workers depending on you're site/location(in 16 reviews)

• There are some great people at the local site level(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • There is not much thought or concern for employees by upper management(in 10 reviews)

• senior management is terrible, gets in the way of engineering and technical issues(in 6 reviews)

Good people but lots of chaos

Technical Document Specialist (Former Employee) Lorton, VA

ProsPeople were great and so was the salary.

ConsNot enough support from corporate

Excellent Company and culture

ProsSalary, benefits, culture, people, vision

ConsDependency upon state of US defense situation

Great company, interesting work, good people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Buffalo, NY

ProsVery challenging work with rewarding results. Worked with excellent people (like a second family). As an experienced engineer, you tend to travel more domestically and internationally. DRS employs very disciplined process methodologies to produce quality, reliable products for our military.

ConsDRS relocated out of the area.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunications solve 90% of problems, hard work takes care of the other 10%.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Systems Engineer

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Gaithersburg, MD

Prosgood work life balance in the company

Conssenior management is terrible, gets in the way of engineering and technical issues.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Working for the Signal Solutions Div. was a great experience.

Test Supervisor, Demodulator & HF Rcvr (Former Employee) Gaithersburg, MD

ProsWork days, (every other Friday Off) benefits were very good 4% match to 401K, company values were excellent.

ConsAdvancement was slow, so many employees would not retire, leaving very few openings.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey had some of the best engineers in the business. Try harder to keep them.

Very profitable for me in that I was able to learn a lot and work in different areas within the company

Tech III (Former Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsIt offered top notch training in the manufacturing department, we were certified yearly, Open door policy and we were kept informed all the way up to the company's closing of the manufacturing department and they tried to make it as easy on the people being laid off and help them find new jobs.

ConsIt was a good plce to work and get top notch training but advancement opportunities were not readily available

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways remember the little ones make the company

Need better Management, and support for employees

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Oakland, NJ

ProsMost people are great to work with, and some really high tech projects

ConsDon't feel management is behind you. Budgets are cut just to get the job, but now engineering needs to make it work under limited cost and time.
    Therefore need to work extra hours to get the job done, with no compensation.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

FWB Location - mom and pop mentality, under-qualified managers and supervisors, poor infrastructure, No long term S&OP

Management (Former Employee) Fort Walton Beach, FL

ProsThere was a hand full of good people...

ConsBad culture, too much gossiping, stuck in the past way of doing things, bad silo mentality, no team work, conflicting goals, can't trust HR...

Advice to Senior ManagementSTART OVER! Need to rebuild from the ground up and review outsourcing across the board. Stop program management from controlling everything. Hire qualified personnel and remove dead weight that has been doing the SAME THING for years without even trying to improve but still expects a raise!

Good employees Bad management

Quality Engineer (Former Employee) Danbury, CT

ProsGood benefits, nice co-workers, sense of pride doing work for the Navy

ConsManagement is an incompetent arrogant good old boys network and out of touch with the products, culture of intimidation and ethics violations, HR is useless, poor salary compared to similar companies. Talent and knowledge at your position is not appreciated.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house of everyone at the phony "director" position. Get some competent people who actually know and care about the business.

Ok company to work for

Contracts (Current Employee) Parsippany, NJ

Prosgood benefits, dental, medical, 401K matching, tuition, etc.

ConsCoworkers do not take initiative.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more incentives for employees to be happier within positions, pay is not everything but it is also important. Keep employees in the loop. Get rid of the employees who are not performing and who are negative and have nothing nice to say. They are demotivating the hard workers.

Worked for DRS Technologies? Contribute to the Community!