DRS Technologies

Be The First To
Add Photos

DRS Technologies CEO William J. Lynn III

William J. Lynn III

Pros
  • Good Benefits and great co-workers depending on you're site/location(in 16 reviews)

• There are some great people at the local site level(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • There is not much thought or concern for employees by upper management(in 10 reviews)

• senior management is terrible, gets in the way of engineering and technical issues(in 6 reviews)

Ok company to work for

Contracts (Current Employee) Parsippany, NJ

Prosgood benefits, dental, medical, 401K matching, tuition, etc.

ConsCoworkers do not take initiative.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more incentives for employees to be happier within positions, pay is not everything but it is also important. Keep employees in the loop. Get rid of the employees who are not performing and who are negative and have nothing nice to say. They are demotivating the hard workers.

My experience was pretty good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood Benefits and great co-workers depending on you're site/location.

Consnot much in the way of career advancement

For the most part, DRS was very good to me in difficult situations that arose during my employ there

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMy boss was exceptional a really good guy to work with.

ConsThey went overboard with the chiefs and neglected the Indians toward the end of my employment with them.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere were many higher management that they should have gotten rid of before they ran the company into the ground.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company in organizational transition

Operations (Former Employee)

ProsThere are some great people at the local site level. The engineering staff is very skilled and well-trained. Most teammates truly want the company to succeed and offer assistance and work well in cross-functional teams.

ConsToo many company re-organizations to make the company effective. Leadership is very disconnected to what is going on at the site level. as and example-we changed ERP systems 3 times in 3 years, so there was little time to master the last 2 systems and implement improvements in the business processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out and talk to people at the lower levels to see what is really going on.

Best place I have ever worked!

Analyst (Current Employee) Norfolk, VA

ProsChallenging work environment with many opportunities to learn skills for the future.
    100% tuition reimbursement
    Flexible work schedules
    Great support from company for all things in your life.

ConsFew opportunities for advancement unless you are willing to move every time you move up
    Contracting world is often uneasy and stressful

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the level of support you give your employees and continue to recognize those that put forth the extra effort.

Bread and circuses

Engineering (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Pros9/80 workweek, 401k match is decent. They shutdown for the winter holidays each year for two weeks. There are an abundance of talented engineers on staff.

ConsMuch of the management team at the director level and up is incompetent - out of touch with products, technologies, and modern processes. They re-org and layoff about every 6 months. It's a shell game that allows management to evade accountability indefinitely. There is no real technology roadmap or detailed business pursuit planning. There is little diversity in the workforce. Merit raises are low and incentive bonus plan deceptive.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the c-level individuals should be replaced.

Tactical Systems was a great company. When we merged with RSTA it became a terrible place to work.

ProsCompensation and benefits are good

ConsLeadership is terrible. It is now worse. Leadership at corporate level is terrible as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementTerry Murphy will be the demise of the company. He was personally responsible for the disaster with TWS. No one at corporate seems to care because he covers it.

WAS a great place to work.

Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) Melbourne, FL

ProsGreat compensation, good health benefits, and a 9/80 schedule. Lots of teamwork and pleasant working conditions.

ConsPoor management decisions, did not look to the future, kept "all their eggs in one government/military basket". Poor ethics starting with upper management down. Low morale waiting for next ax to fall.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the "cons" (see above)

average

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosworking with my fellow employees

Consthe problems with some of the ethics

Good Defense Industry Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWell Paid for the Position I had.

ConsConstantly changing landscape. Not many long term co-worker relationships like the old days.

Advice to Senior Managementconsider reviewing work / life balance.

Worked for DRS Technologies? Contribute to the Community!