DRS Technologies

Be The First To
Add Photos

DRS Technologies CEO William J. Lynn III

William J. Lynn III

Pros
  • Good Benefits and great co-workers depending on you're site/location(in 16 reviews)

• There are some great people at the local site level(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • There is not much thought or concern for employees by upper management(in 10 reviews)

• senior management is terrible, gets in the way of engineering and technical issues(in 6 reviews)

Great Company!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsSalary, benefits, 9/80 schedule, Christmas shutdown to name just a few. DRS takes care of it's employees.

ConsNeighborhood is dangerous. Some people don't feel safe driving home after dark.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice, I think management does a pretty good job from my perspective.

Great Company

ProsDRS is a great company! The management takes care of all the employees and allows employees to grow personally and professionally. I've been performing contracting work with different companies overseas for 14 years and this company is definitely the best!

ConsI honestly have had bad experiences with this company

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue doing what you are doing. It's working!

Great company, great pay, great benefits !!

Quality Inspector (Former Employee) Melbourne, FL

ProsThe pay and benefits are great, the people are the biggest asset, and the facility is always kept pristine. My manager, Mr. Darrin Lovett, was the best boss I ever worked for. Thanks again for a great 10 years DRS !!

ConsThe company was downsizing when I left, hopefully they get more contracts.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on treating your employees just like family, they are your biggest and best asset.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent Company and culture

ProsSalary, benefits, culture, people, vision

ConsDependency upon state of US defense situation

Great bunch of people to work with.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorked in Ft. Walton Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches to see in Florida. :)
    Location, location, location. Besides very good and intelligent people to work with.

ConsThere is always that one person you have to look out for. Lol. That's anywhere. They aren't ever hard to find.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't promote anyone that doesn't deserve it or have any people skills. :)

Best place I have ever worked!

Analyst (Current Employee) Norfolk, VA

ProsChallenging work environment with many opportunities to learn skills for the future.
    100% tuition reimbursement
    Flexible work schedules
    Great support from company for all things in your life.

ConsFew opportunities for advancement unless you are willing to move every time you move up
    Contracting world is often uneasy and stressful

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the level of support you give your employees and continue to recognize those that put forth the extra effort.

I had a great Experience with DRS. I developed allot of different skills all in relation to Communications.

Communications Tech III (Former Employee) ‘Irāq-e Suflá (Afghanistan)

ProsMade allot of money, learned new skills and met allot of great people

ConsHad t be away from my family. The job was in Afghanistan/Iraq.

Great Company making a difference for our troops

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat people The job is what you make it. Would go back to work there in a heartbeat.

Consbusiness is mostly government contracts which means RIFs periodically.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to find business outside of military to stabilize the company

Take care of their employees

Logistician II (Former Employee) Fort Bliss, TX

ProsGood salaries and excellent benefits package

ConsNone that I can remember

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing

Benefits Coordinator

Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) Parsippany, NJ

ProsExcellent company to work for with experience coworkers.

ConsThe Corporate office relocated to Arlington, VA and the NJ Corporate office closed in March, 2012. Therefore, I no longer work there.

Worked for DRS Technologies? Contribute to the Community!