DRT Strategies

Susan M. Kidd

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Company!!

Associate (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

Pros-Great culture set by Susan Kidd
    -Real focus on work/life balance
    -Great colleagues
    -Very employee-centered
    -Challenging and rewarding work
    -Compensation great when considering how many hours are worked
    -More than enough PTO
    -Rapidly growing company
    -In-company training as well as compensation for training received from outside the company
    -Great perks and benefits (commuting, free food, happy hours)

Cons-Compensation not as good as bigger companies (expected)
    -Not as many projects to choose from due to smaller size
    -Some managers can seem to be out-of-touch
    -Rapidly growing company

So glad I chose to join DRT!

Associate (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsDRT is a great company - small size but big enough to have diverse projects and fun yet challenging work, collegial and friendly team members, and supportive leadership!

ConsDoes not have all the big company perks like company business cards for all staff but does have big company-like perks with respect to professional development (Training) allowance, monthly happy hours, and a swanky HQ office in Arlington (Ballston), VA

Advice to Senior ManagementStrengthen company wide mentoring program

Ok company

Associate (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsThere are some excellent consultants with great personalities and professional skills. Benefits are "ok".

ConsSome managers are good but others are quite terrible. Not sure how these people are chosen but many don't have the required skills or personality to manage others! There's VERY little communication between Managers and Associates. Associates at all levels are expected to operate on their own but when Managers write reviews, they sometimes write things that are simply not true. The pay increase, annual review and promotions are a big mystery and cause a lot of dissatisfaction among the employees. I have been with DRT Strategies for 3 years and the company has declined significantly over the last couple of years. The turnover is HUGE and lots of good people left because the management is horrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome down from Mount Olympus once in a while and talk to the Associates. We are the workforce that keeps the company profitable and are treated like comodities.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

DRT is an amazing company that truly cares about its employees!

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsGood work culture, Life/Work Balance, Positive Learning Environment, Fun activities and perks

ConsI don't have any cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork to ensure consistency in processes throughout the company.

DRT empowers employees to drive their career development and make meaningful contributions to the company.

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsDRT promotes an employee-centric culture focusing on work/life balance, and provides opportunities for employees to take ownership of their career development. Also, the open-door policy encourages employees to contribute their ideas, thoughts, etc... to actively engage everyone is helping the company grow.

Consno cons to share about the company

Fantastic!

Associate (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsThere are lots of compelling reasons to work for DRT but here are a few:
    1. The people are bright, dynamic, and diverse
    2. The work is interesting
    3. Everyone helps each other out and isn't afraid of hard work or wearing multiple hats
    4. Women in Senior Leadership positions
    5. Really good benefits package

ConsOverall this is a great company to work for and I really do not see any downsides of working here. However, to be fair, I will give one "con":
    1. Promotions are not actively announced to the company

Great corporate culture, but plenty of growing pains

Associate (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsThe owner of the company is incredible. She's a brilliant businesswoman, and she has instilled a culture of respect and camaraderie which is apparent to everyone. The company really stresses "happy employees makes ecstatic clients", and they don't disappoint.

ConsThe company is growing rapidly, and there are challenges with senior management to fill key positions with qualified individuals. Additionally, since there is no instituted policy for these things, promotions and raises are very hard to come by and are often not granted to individuals who are deserving. Many aspects of your satisfaction with DRT are dependent upon how proactive your manager is in advocating you to senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementDRT is really a fantastic place to work, but it's important not to let growth diminish the great culture and passion that has been established. Remember to keep focused on the values that matter and treat your employees well so they will stay. DRT has attracted a stellar bunch of folks who are intelligent, hard-working, and truly care about their jobs. It's in the company's best interest to not lose them as a resource.

Worked for DRT Strategies? Contribute to the Community!