DSCI Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
1.9
Steven De Chiaro

Pros
  • Coworkers were great people and very capable in their respective fields (in 5 reviews)

• Hard working very knowledgeable workers below the Sr Management Level (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Job security is a major issue as the company has been losing contracts at a record pace over the past 12 months (in 7 reviews)

• Not sure if the CEO has any idea what his senior management does but sometimes you would laugh at how bad things were at this place (in 6 reviews)

1. Good Company

Former Employee - Rollout Manager
    Former Employee - Rollout Manager

I worked at DSCI (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Company,great Benefits They can do good if they hire good skilled employees, not who they know

Cons

Top management needs to be more open to listening to employees, rather then listening to what they want to listen.

Advice to Management

Talk to your employees not top manager, establish direct communication with employees and treat them as team members

Pay was great, management not so much

I worked at DSCI

Pros

there were a number of great co-workers who had their heads screwed on straight. some of the work content was quite interesting and had potential to make an impact.

Cons

there were a number of management personnel who were not so great and mismanaged a number of projects with great potential.

Advice to Management

hire more experienced colleagues

Don't Apply With This Company

I worked at DSCI

Pros

Nice people who are the hired help in the office. The people at the home office are generally pretty nice and helpful but are in a impossible situation.

Cons

You name it. Read all the other posts on this site- they are true. Move on in your job search even if you are being promised the highest clearances. The promise of clearances are used to get you in the door but people get let go within a short time frame and without any notice or usual HR steps.

Advice to Management

Getting professional management that can budget, staff and manage projects based on what the government is asking for.

Do not work here

I worked at DSCI

Pros

There are no pros, seriously.

Cons

The only purpose of this company is to use engineers to bilk the government out of money to pad the wallets of the owners.

Advice to Management

If you're true Americans, you'll liquidate your company.

Good company to work for if they should get good gov't contracts

I worked at DSCI

Pros

Nice salary should the company is awarded gov't contract
    Work-life balance is nice, contract workers should now already

Cons

No more overseas contracts, good salaries overseas

When good companies go bad

I worked at DSCI

Pros

Hard to think of any, they did provide coffee.

Cons

mismanaged, lack of leadership, will be let go without notice, yearly layoffs, environment that caters to the CEO's ego, no direction, nepotism, my favorite as stated by the CEO "I know you have families and family obligations. If you are one of those people you shouldn't be working here." I could go on.

Advice to Management

Why list anything, they won't listen.

Senior management needs to learn how to lead.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, MD

I worked at DSCI full-time

Pros

I was generally well treated and recognized for good performance by appropriate promotions and raises.

Cons

Complete and total lack of communication from senior management during tough financial times. There were a series of multiple lay offs and not one town hall or message from senior leadership (I hesitate to use that term) regarding the issues affecting the company. One day you were working closely with collegues both locally and at corporate HQ and the next day they were simply, gone.

Advice to Management

When times get tough it is time to open up communications between all levels, NOT to close them down.

Do not work here

I worked at DSCI

Pros

i cant think of any.

Cons

everythign and anything. working here was mostly stressful and crazy. no work life balance.

Beware of Flexible Spending Account Money

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eatontown, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eatontown, NJ

I worked at DSCI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Starting salary is above average

Cons

DSCI offers Flexible Spending Account (FSA) so that employees can save money for medical or childcare cost. However to claim YOUR money back (which DSCI has deducted from the salary) takes a LONG time.

They told Benefit Tax Link (the company who handles the paperwork for claims) they can only submit employees claim once a month. Usually the cutoff day is the 25th of the month, and per DSCI's request, to submit the claims on the 1st of the following month. That means claims submitted on September 25, cannot be submitted to DSCI until November 1. It will take another 4 weeks until DSCI writes the check, so on average you won't see your own money until 2 months later.

It gets worse, if 25th is a holiday, like Thanksgiving holiday, the cutoff day is the 18th of the month, that mean if you submit you claim on November 19, your claim will not reach DSCI until January 1, 2015, and you won't see your check until January 31, 2015. I had a conversation with Benefit Tax Link, none of their other clients have this policy, DSCI just wants to hold on to our money as long as possible.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees fairly

Terrible Company To Work For

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Eatontown, NJ
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Eatontown, NJ

I worked at DSCI full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Salary is very high even if you don't have the education or work experience. It's easy to lie during your interview because they're stupid enough to pay you what you ask for, which is extremely high, but it bought me my house...suckers!

Cons

Upper Management is a joke. There are some great people in Upper Management who are good people outside of DSCI. Inside the company office they are complete crooks. The CEO's family is safe as employees (and incredibly hot). They run their own business using DSCI resources. Want a good laugh...keep your ears to the wall when the maniac CEO is fired-up screaming at his employees. I have plenty of videos on my phone to prove it. They used to have good raises and used to pay tuition...not anymore. Their benefits suck! They hold huge layoffs each year without telling anyone. Their Holiday parties are over-expensive. One time they took their warehouse and turned it into a nightclub because they were too cheap to hold it anywhere else. Little did they know what was actually going on in the offices WHILE the party was happening...haha suckers!

Advice to Management

in a few years most people would say ---DSCI who?

RSS Feed </> Embed