DSG Reviews

4.0
CEO

1. Very Rich Experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I have been working at DSG full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company with a lot of experience to be gained especially in the software industry. Supportive management.

Cons

There are no cons

2. you can do better

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Pros

The coworkers are really nice and everyone is easy to get a long with. They would have a potluck every few months which was nice.

Cons

The lay is a joke I knew I was making much less than my counter parts. I had little choice, it was my first job right out of college and I needed the experience. Looking back I would've taken the internship I was offered instead of this but that's in the past. In addition, the owner puts fear into his employees and loves it.

Advice to Management

I had a great boss. If the manager from the trial development group is still there she was great always willing to help and was very under standing. Advice to the owner calm down and don't strike fear into your employees by always yelling.

3. Project Coordinator

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Malvern, PA

I worked at DSG full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I learned how to think on my feet. I was required to come up with solutions to all different types of issues on a daily basis. I also realized that effective communication is absolutely necessary when working on a project with a tight deadline. My time at DSG,Inc taught me how to create and build long, lasting relationships with the company's clients.

Cons

One of the downsides working at DSG was the lack of communication between the different departments. There were certain projects that were not completed on time due to this issue.

Advice to Management

DSG, Inc is a great company to work for but I believe that there should be more communication between the different departments. This would prevent less mistakes on projects and allow the team to stay on track.

I Preferred To Chew On Glass

I worked at DSG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

DSG offers the ability to interface with various departments and teams within the company. Although there are cubes and closed offices spaced throughout the building, many employees often walk the halls which allows to open communication and collaboration between projects. It is a very laid back environment, almost silent throughout the day. Almost too laid back.

Cons

Let's get the picky (and maybe I'm too picky) cons of the company out of the way. 1. No coffee for employees. I mean really?... 2. No reimbursement for local travel. Company views it as unnecessary to provide reimbursement for gas/mileage for local trips (because trips are local? seriously?). So they send you on multiple local trips anyway....makes sense. 3. Cluttered office cubes/offices. The company makes zero effort to clean up the previous employee's office space before making it your own. I had endless amounts of documents/boxes throughout the office space and had to find my way around to the computer. I have thoroughly read through the other reviews and while most are very accurate (both positive and negative reviews), this is an honest review from my perspective. I never intended to go out of my way to write up a review on a company until now. This company has given me the extra effort to do so and to warn any future employees from what they're getting themselves into. I have never worked for such an unorganized, chaotic employer in all my previous years. Let's start off with the work culture. The company creates an uncomfortable, entitled feeling to it's employees. When upper management VPs decide to work until 7 PM or later and regular salaried employees leave at 5 PM, it's heavily frowned upon. "We know you like to leave at 5" was a response I got from a previous manager at one point. Constant increased pressure from management about elementary level expectations make for a rather annoyance to put it lightly. Next comes leadership. The unprofessionalism starts at the very top with ownership. If you like working for "the man" as opposed to working for a reputable organization or group of professional leaders this is the place for you. Words can't describe the CEO's lack of professionalism (bad language, public berating of employees, inappropriate small talk among colleagues). It created a fraternity type of environment for a "reputable organization". Spare yourself the agony of joining this start-up feel company. Processes haven't been changed in over a decade. Same office spaces. Same unorganized cubes, files, burnt out ceiling lights. Wish I had seen more of the facility during my interview.

Advice to Management

Change. The. Culture. Don't berate employees. Compensate employees with industry standards.

6. Good Technology Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I have been working at DSG full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great technology and business acumen. Great and knowledgeable teams. Pretty tough to find people who would be more aware of life sciences industry and its technology

Cons

I could not think of anything specific

7. Awesome company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I have been working at DSG (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Excellent career growth - Very good adaptability to changing technological trends - Excellent foresight backed by aggressive plans

Cons

There are none

8. An experience of a wonderful career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I have been working at DSG full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A company that believes in reward and recognition Nice people to work with. Working in a multicultural environment.

Cons

Nothing to talk about here

Advice to Management

You are doing a great job

9. Good Work Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I have been working at DSG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work culture, collaborative team environment, very employee friendly. Supportive management. Good benefits.

Cons

There are none to mention

10. Top of the Line

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I have been working at DSG full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic benefits Great family feel Professional development Strong and smart management.

Cons

- Nothing to mention -

Quality Control

Pros

Average to high pay with decent medical benefits

Cons

Overtime expected, very low moral

RSS Feed </> Embed