DSI Security Reviews

8 reviews filtered by
2.2
Marsha (Marty) Clark

1. I have to make rounds and watch the computer screen.

Current Employee - Security Officer in Waycross, GA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Waycross, GA

I have been working at DSI Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It will help u have more discipline. Also we pace ourself as we get our work done.

Cons

Very cold sometimes outside. Had to sit in the car or get out and sit at the door of the main building. Then when its very hot u have to sit outside in the car or at the main building door again.

Advice to Management

This is a very good company. I think a person with a lot of discipline will like the job.

2. hired at 7.85 hour.spent 100.00 for license.

Current Employee - Security Officer in Ozark, AL
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Ozark, AL

I have been working at DSI Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

if you dont want to work,this is the perfect lazy mans job

Cons

no pay raises.no advancement. no future

Advice to Management

get in this century

3. The company is just like any other security company. This not a company for someone looking for a career.

I have been working at DSI Security full-time

Pros

It is indeed a job. The pay is not minimum wage.

Cons

There is no future working with this company. There is no way to move up. The pay is far less than the job description. Branch managers and supervisors don't really care about their employees.

Advice to Management

Offer better opportunities to employees. There should be a way for officers to move up the corporate ladder somehow. Reward the employees more and make them feel as important as you do the companies you secure for.

5. It was good for interpersonal communication.

Former Employee - Security Officer in Dakota City, NE
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Dakota City, NE

I worked at DSI Security part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay was good, I was able to work in a warm building and not be to exposed to the harsh elements.

Cons

I was a college student at the time and it was hard for me to balance work with the classes.

6. Terrible! Better off working at Burger King!

Former Employee - Security Officer in Dobson, NC
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Dobson, NC

I worked at DSI Security part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to mention

Cons

Saw and add from DSI, they were hiring in the area, I applied and was quickly hired. The add said 7.75 an hour, fair enough.... but here's the kicker, After hiring your, you must pay for part of your uniform, pay for your own training $125, pay for a drug test $20, pay for a company background check $30, then you must pay for your own background check for your supervisor $30, and fingerprints $15, which I had to make a special trip to the county jail to have done. Then you make minimum wage until you get a "performance review" then you can make $7.75. About the work.... they put me at an aweful smelly factory in Dobson NC, where they killed chickens and then shipped the meat. I wasn't security, I was a glorified pencil pusher, I had to keep logs of every truck that came in, I had to get company info, driver info, truck number, trailer number, seal numers, bill of lading numbers, then check inside every trailer (which was usually covered in bodily fluids from chickens). If the driver was new, you had to make him sign a hold harmless form. You had to handwrite this info in two seperate logs, then get the info again when the truck came out. There were usually 35-40 trucks per shift. Then you had to keep your daily activity report, you also had to keep in touch with the janitors and keep another log of that info, you also had to keep a visitors log and give visitors a pass, there were usually about 20 a shift, which you had to collect on there way out, you then had to check the ID's of every employee that went in, and there were hundreds a shift. Then at shift change you had to go direct traffic, make one of the employees mad and you might get ran over! And hopefully you log in the info correctly, it's like the end of the world for these people if you make one mistake. The whole place smelled terribly of chicken fluids, you could never get the smell out of the guard post. You got no breaks, bring your own food and pray you have time to eat it. I am a full time student and I just applied for some extra cash for tuition and books. This job for minimum wage? NOT WORTH IT!!!

Advice to Management

People who have been there a long time think they run the place, even though they are not supervisors they will report you for ANYTHING.

Unorganized

Current Employee - Security Officer in Chester, SC
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Chester, SC

I have been working at DSI Security

Pros

Job sites are pretty much easy to work

Cons

They do not support their officers in regards to certain issues such as racism. They do not follow nor support their own motto "Do what you say you wold do". they never properly investigate reports or complaints. They say that they never go off of here say, but that is not true. They always believe everything that is reported to them without a proper investigation.

Advice to Management

Make sure you properly investigate all allegations, any reports from officers about any other officer or incidents before making decisions

8. Ok, if you only need something short term.

Current Employee - Security Officer in Dothan, AL
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Dothan, AL

I have been working at DSI Security

Pros

The work is easy. Shifts are usually worked with a partner. Health insurance and 401K options.

Cons

Pay not high enough to make meaningful contributions to retirement. Schedule is subject to change at 8 hours notice. Work days may be scheduled for weekends. Job contracts may be terminated at any time by the site.

Advice to Management

Keep a closer watch on all mid-level management, and scheduling. The company is not bad to work for, but the site supervisors seem to be on power trips.

DSI is ok.

I have been working at DSI Security

Pros

It is great for part time. Most of the employees are either retired or college students. Certain sites have great competent supervisors.

Cons

Very little benefits. Their is optional health insurance and 401k plans but you do not make enough to adequately contribute.

Advice to Management

Need to follow through on promised pay raises. I have been their 3 years and have not got so much as a dime in pay increase.