DSS Research

Updated December 13, 2014
Updated December 13, 2014
2.2

CEO

Good pay but very boring.

Former Employee - Interviewer in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Interviewer in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DSS Research

Pros

Great pay starting at 10.50 an hour and 11.50 if you speak Spanish. Easy job since you just read a script.

Cons

Very boring. You can't do much there to entertain yourself.

Promote people who actually do their job and know what they are doing. You let go of some very good assistant coaches and coaches to keep ones who weren't good for the company.

Great place to work!

I worked at DSS Research

Pros

Opportunity to learn a lot. Great mentoring andteam oriented work. Benefits are not bad and dress code is very relaxed. Shorts in the summer.

Cons

Negotiate well your starting salary. Not a lot of room for career development. Some senior executives have been there for ever and still run their business as if it were a family business.

Horrible place to work!!

Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer II in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer II in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DSS Research part-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are none. There are none. There are none. There are none. THERE ARE NONE. Did I mention there are none?

Cons

For starters the women's bathroom is ALWAYS dirty and STINKS! The call center is very poorly managed and our breaks are a joke. They expect you to work, Work, WORK yourself to death! The chairs are SUPER uncomfortable and tend to be broken. They spring mandatory hours on you at the last minute and expect you to just be all jolly about it. They don't believe we actually have a thing called "LIVES" outside of the workplace. Oh and the "floor support" people who occasionally answer your questions just walk around and don't really do anything and they treat it like social hour plus they get paid a dollar more than we do. Yeah...sounds like a dream. If you go over your break time...just forget about using the bathroom. You have to raise your hand like your in elementary school and ask if you can go. But the response you will get is that you should have used your break time more wisely. If you are looking for a job I would recommend looking elsewhere. You will not be happy here.

Hire people who can actually RUN a company and be considerate of your employees. Hire people who will actually CLEAN the bathrooms on a regular basis. Also if you are going to "SPRING HOURS" on us, you should let us know at least a week in advance because some of us have other obligations other than working to death. Thanks.

Prior Customer Service Rep- Fort Worth, TX

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DSS Research full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The job is very easy and there are no quotas.
    Flexible work schedules.
    Pay is OK.

Cons

I worked there only three weeks and was laid off. Myself and other employees reported to work as usual and given lay off letters. This was our first and only notice.
    There are no towels in the bathroom to dry your hands.
    You must use the bathroom on your breaks. If you need to go to the bathroom after you have used your 15 minutes you have to raise your hand like you are in kindergarten and ask to go to the bathroom. If you use 5 minutes or more in a day over your 15 minutes breaks you are called into the conference room.
    There was not enough desk for everyone to sit down. No assigned desk.

Be more honest with employees. If they only need temporary workers they should not advertise job as permanent. They should not treat employees like children. Training should be consistent. Guidelines would vary depending upon the team leads.

Okay job.

Former Employee - Interviewer II in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Interviewer II in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DSS Research part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy money, friendly co-workers, decent pay.

Cons

terrible management, no incentives, short breaks.

provide incentives to raise morale. what is the fun in working for this company? it is strictly a paycheck.

Easy, but unsatisfactory and unstable work.

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DSS Research part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The comfortable seating, which does vary by chair, and the general ease of the job make this a desirable position. From what I understand from fellow employees, as seniority increases so does an annual bonus. The hourly pay for callers ($10.50/hour English only, $11.50 for Spanish and English) is very good considering the work involved. In short, this is a good job for students and those with physical disabilities, such as weakness/trouble walking due to the lack of physical effort required.

Cons

In the name of humor, a lack of health insurance for the first year of employment for a company which interviews mostly health insurance persons, is ironic. There is very limited opportunity for advancement. The lack of clear expectations and, at times, drastic actions such as unwarned termination are unwelcome. The employee handbook states that employees may not have other employment which competes with DSS, but DSS reserves the right to call people in to work on some weekends and erratic schedules. (I mostly point to the times where people have actually tried to pay another employee to take their "mandatory" shift). Furthermore, the company's requirement that employees follow the script word for word and maintain control of the client make me feel more like a science student dissecting an animal than a customer service representative.

If it were not for the lack of middle management and feedback, this would be a much more satisfying place to work. Something as simple as supplying paper towels in the bathroom would be appreciated. The use of the break clock to include bathroom breaks is one which is unwelcome.

analyst

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at DSS Research full-time

Pros

learning new things, people are friendly

Cons

not too many people here

Dysfunctional Family

I have been working at DSS Research

Pros

The health care survey business is booming! There is plenty of work. There are some very nice people that work there.

Cons

Leadership structure is built of people who need management training. Few opportunities to move up within the company. No continuing education offered. There has been infighting between departments in the past.

Spend some money on training. Training managers, training employees. Fix the corporate culture.

okay to get some experience, then move on

Former Employee - Phone Interviewer in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Phone Interviewer in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DSS Research full-time (less than an year)

Pros

weekly pay,laid back, very very easy job to do

Cons

messy employess as in everywhere, no room to move up in the company, let it be known who the favorites are, no benefits what so ever

call center supervisor

Former Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DSS Research full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

worked with some good people

Cons

very poor upper management and no benefits. you work for a company that takes health care surveys all day. yet you don't give your employees any health insurance. smh

please learn your job and your management team. stop talking about your employees and your management team behind their backs.