DSS Research Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.4
CEO

1. A great place to grow, learn and contribute.

I worked at DSS Research full-time

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits. Employee ideas are adopted and used. They promote from within.

Cons

It's a fast-paced environment and can be stressful.

2. Stay Away

Former Employee - Telephone Interviewr in White Settlement, TX
    Former Employee - Telephone Interviewr in White Settlement, TX

I worked at DSS Research part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's no standing for long hours. The work is easy as long as you know how to read and pronounce words properly.

Cons

DSS Research is unprofessional. They have a dress code that is hardly enforced. People come in with their pants sagging, smoke weed in their cars during breaks, and management scold their employees in front of others instead of asking them to go in another room to discuss their business. They also don't do drug tests. (Shocker, there!) Also, one of the supervisor there was having an inappropriate relationship with a young woman in his team. It was beyond obvious. Oh and worse of all, no benefits. There's people there who have been working for 4 years straight and only received a $1 increase in pay WITHOUT benefits.

Advice to Management

Enforce your drug tests. Just because they're hitting the production goals, it doesn't mean they should be there. If an employee is doing something wrong, don't openly scold them. You get a bunch of call center employees gossiping away instead of dialing consistently.

3. Simple boring work. A lot of calling and if they run out of numbers you are sent home. Schedule is hard to change

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DSS Research part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy job, Just call who ever pops up on the screen. Nice co workers. Everything you say is on the screen. Time off is usually approved

Cons

Schedule was hard to adjust after starting. If no numbers you lose a day of work with no pay. You have to put in slips for everything and sometimes they don't get back to you

Advice to Management

Work better with the people who work there.

5. Great work environment, but not too much room for promotion.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DSS Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone here is extremely friendly and cooperation is highly encouraged between departments. Flexible schedules and good resources.

Cons

Salary is decent, but definitely underpays for position.

Advice to Management

Consider having maybe assistant department managers to offer a little more chance of promotion.

6. New Manager downgrades employees, assumes everyone is an idiot.

Former Employee - Call Center Representative
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative

I worked at DSS Research part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hourly pay is decent. You get to buy your earphones from the company for a mere $40 which break within 30 days. Offices are freeway close and well lit. I was able to get health insurance.

Cons

Morale is very low with new floor manager beating everyone down with derogatory comments and using the Lord's name in vain. We did two types of surveys one for opinions and one for health surveys and he would insist on doing them both the same. Can not do that when you are talking with a senior citizen who has lost her family to a serious disease and you are not allowed to say "so sorry for your loss." That was not for me. But I did opinion surveys in a professional manner as it should be. Studied this in the university and was hoping to be able to write these ill-written surveys in better English that could be better understood over the phone. Very irritating all around.

Advice to Management

Consistent training on all new surveys. Researchers were chastised for viewing them first in practice because we were wasting time. Then when we would get reviewed it would be dismal as it sounded like we were reading it. It was a catch 22. Could not wait to get out under this new manager. Worst job ever.

7. Former employee

I have been working at DSS Research

Pros

Small cohesive environment. Pleasant staff

Cons

Salary. Management should work harder to support employees.

Advice to Management

Be open to employee advancement

8. Good pay but very boring.

Former Employee - Interviewer in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Interviewer in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DSS Research

Pros

Great pay starting at 10.50 an hour and 11.50 if you speak Spanish. Easy job since you just read a script.

Cons

Very boring. You can't do much there to entertain yourself.

Advice to Management

Promote people who actually do their job and know what they are doing. You let go of some very good assistant coaches and coaches to keep ones who weren't good for the company.

9. Great place to work!

I worked at DSS Research

Pros

Opportunity to learn a lot. Great mentoring andteam oriented work. Benefits are not bad and dress code is very relaxed. Shorts in the summer.

Cons

Negotiate well your starting salary. Not a lot of room for career development. Some senior executives have been there for ever and still run their business as if it were a family business.

10. Horrible place to work!!

Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer II in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer II in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DSS Research part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are none. There are none. There are none. There are none. THERE ARE NONE. Did I mention there are none?

Cons

For starters the women's bathroom is ALWAYS dirty and STINKS! The call center is very poorly managed and our breaks are a joke. They expect you to work, Work, WORK yourself to death! The chairs are SUPER uncomfortable and tend to be broken. They spring mandatory hours on you at the last minute and expect you to just be all jolly about it. They don't believe we actually have a thing called "LIVES" outside of the workplace. Oh and the "floor support" people who occasionally answer your questions just walk around and don't really do anything and they treat it like social hour plus they get paid a dollar more than we do. Yeah...sounds like a dream. If you go over your break time...just forget about using the bathroom. You have to raise your hand like your in elementary school and ask if you can go. But the response you will get is that you should have used your break time more wisely. If you are looking for a job I would recommend looking elsewhere. You will not be happy here.

Advice to Management

Hire people who can actually RUN a company and be considerate of your employees. Hire people who will actually CLEAN the bathrooms on a regular basis. Also if you are going to "SPRING HOURS" on us, you should let us know at least a week in advance because some of us have other obligations other than working to death. Thanks.

11. Prior Customer Service Rep- Fort Worth, TX

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DSS Research full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job is very easy and there are no quotas. Flexible work schedules. Pay is OK.

Cons

I worked there only three weeks and was laid off. Myself and other employees reported to work as usual and given lay off letters. This was our first and only notice. There are no towels in the bathroom to dry your hands. You must use the bathroom on your breaks. If you need to go to the bathroom after you have used your 15 minutes you have to raise your hand like you are in kindergarten and ask to go to the bathroom. If you use 5 minutes or more in a day over your 15 minutes breaks you are called into the conference room. There was not enough desk for everyone to sit down. No assigned desk.

Advice to Management

Be more honest with employees. If they only need temporary workers they should not advertise job as permanent. They should not treat employees like children. Training should be consistent. Guidelines would vary depending upon the team leads.

RSS Feed </> Embed