DST Systems

www.dstsystems.com

DST Systems Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014
DST Systems – Kansas City – “DST”

DST Systems – Kansas City – “DST”

Stephen Hooley

Pros
  • Good benefits as far as health insurance, vacation, 401K (in 18 reviews)

• ESOP is great and has a great benefits package, equipment and supplies are up to date (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management will throw you under the bus (in 7 reviews)

• Long hours , oncall sucked , you might as well put a ball and chain on once its your turn (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Respectable company

Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsStable, focus continues on growth.

ConsCommunications across business units. Internal helpdesk for network IT issues needs to be improved.

DST Systems

Distribution Representative (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsStable company and good starter job to gain experience. Tons of resources to take advantage of. Benefit packages are great too.

ConsUpward mobility, pay, and education isn't valued. Management!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should micro manage less. No one knows whats going on in the areas, and if they are aware of certain things they just don't care.

Decent Company to work for.

Mutual Funds Representative (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsGood pay and nice benefits.

ConsManagement could be a little more understanding of their employees needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementDont get the "power trip".

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Directional changes

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsESOP is great and has a great benefits package, equipment and supplies are up to date. Wages are comparable to industry.

ConsThe company seems to be in a constant flux, the direction isn't clear, changes every few months, good people there are concerned for their jobs. When layoffs occur it is kept quiet, and the people who are laid off are not evaluated for their abilities to do another job within the organization. The atmosphere has changed and unfortunately not for the better. Middle management is not up to snuff.

Advice to Senior ManagementStaff used to have some fun, I believe that has gone. An unhappy staff is not good for the company. The culture has changed and not for the better. Look at the middle management and make the changes not everyone is on the same page.

So far so good

Software Developer (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsGreat relationship among team, good starting pay for an Associate's Degree

ConsWorkload, the training is pretty 'across the board', meaning that you may not really train in what you'll actually be doing

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Am happy with my job.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsTurn around to more open culture, decent pay, work from anywhere availability, renovating floors, laptops, trust other associates

Consworking fairly lean after all the layoffs, once you are in a higher position, it's tough to move up

Wide variety of products and services, which provides a wide variety of jobs and opportunities.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsStrives to introduce innovative products.

ConsSalary on lower end in geographic area.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Horrible place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNo pros working at DST.

ConsPoor training, managers play favorites to their employees and as usual, employees play favorites to other employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the favoritism, also you need to work on your training classes that are provided to your new hires-2 or 3 days of training is NOT sufficient. Have you heard of "hands-on training?" Yeah, you should consider that-especially those that are new to the software.

DST stands for Don't Stay There.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI am no longer there. I enjoy life now. I enjoy not having my vacation plans changed by my manager.

ConsRequired overtime, lack of leadership at the upper management level. Raises are never more than 2%.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit your day job.

I love working for DST awesome company that treats me well.

Software Developer (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsBenefits, Employees, Experience, On the job training for positions Tuition Reimbursement and Fair Pay and hours worked.

ConsCant currently thing of any in my current position.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Worked for DST Systems? Contribute to the Community!