DTI Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.0
John Davenport, Jr.

Pros
  • Some great people in local office (in 4 reviews)

• They seem to genuinely care about the employees and offer a very friendly work environment (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management requires you to work long hours and be on call 24/7 (in 7 reviews)

• Management shows favoritism with other departments and paid little to no attention to our group (in 4 reviews)

Only good for getting your foot in the eDiscovery indstury

Former Employee - Technical Specialist II in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Technical Specialist II in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The opportunity for motivated people to get their foot in the door of the eDiscovery industry. I'd give one star, but this did give me the jump start for my career.

Cons

Let me begin by saying eDiscovery is a hard industry to work in. The hours are long, the clients are more than demanding; anyone in the industry knows what I’m talking about. None of the below negatives pertain to the industry, I love working in eDiscovery. Nepotism, lack of promotions, minimal raises, compensation not even close to industry standard, unprofessional behavior by management, atrocious benefits and PTO. I worked here for over 2 years, during that time over 50 people turned over. Teams were smaller when I left than when I started. People were fired without warning. Referral candidates were chosen over qualified ones, then subsequently fired for being unqualified. This did not happen once or twice. This happened consistently with multiple candidates referred by a variety of people. Management restructures the departments every 3 months, which results in reviews being conducted by people who have never worked with you. Reviews are a joke - manager comments are positive, but number ratings are kept low because raises are based on the numbers. Management warned us on multiple occasions not to discuss compensation amongst ourselves. I left for a comparable position in the industry doubling my salary. Management matched the offer when I put in my two weeks. Let me be clear. This was not a 15% bump, this was a 100% increase.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure where to begin. Unresponsive HR, money wasting restructuring so that management has something to do, atrocious benefits and compensation, and above all, unprofessional and petty management.

Anonymous

Pros

Awesome Work/Life Balance and my boss has been an amazing person to speak to. Communication is key in this company and my boss and I communicate great. Compensation is also reasonable, but....

Cons

Compensation good, but the fact that I work at home after work and on weekends doesn't really balance. I don't get any overtime nor am I getting paid salary. Working this particular position it's almost impossible not to work at home. Insurance really sucks ... as for you and one child it's almost $200 every two weeks, and if you want the other plan which is $120 every two weeks...dental (you pay $150 off the jump, then you pay 10% of the bill after that) medical ($6000 deductible, preventive care is free, but anything other than that is 100% out of pocket until you pay at least $6000 then after that you pay 30% of the bill). Leave - You get vacation, sick, and bereavement. 12 weeks of unpaid maternity leave, no parking discounts, no real benefits anywhere. They stick to the basics of the law, what they are "required" to give you and that's it. Employee appreciation is at an all-time LOW!

Advice to Management

keep going at this rate and you will lose many employees and fast. There are hundreds of companies out there offering what you aren't. Be Competitive!

Jul 17, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for leaving this insightful post and the details about benefits. Please do speak with your immediate supervisor about the plans available so that we can see if there is another plan offered ... More

3. Wouldn

Current Employee - Office Support Specialist
    Current Employee - Office Support Specialist

Pros

Full-time, steady hours, the buildings typically have nice views. There is plenty of downtime to do your own stuff (IE schoolwork, internet, whatever)

Cons

Bad benefits, low pay, no communication from managers, there is too much downtime and you have to invent things to do to look busy.

Jul 17, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We are sorry we have been unable to keep you busy during your work day. It is our desire that you will learn and grow while you are with us so that we can advance you within our organization. Please ... More

Keep your sanity and work somewhere else.

Former Employee - Client Service Specialist
    Former Employee - Client Service Specialist

I worked at DTI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's an easy job for those who are okay working where you can't move up the corporate ladder. You will rarely have to do overtime- so if you're looking at a consistent schedule it's a plus.

Cons

Lied to about starting price and I was so desperate for a job I took it anyway. They will tell you that they love to promote from within but myself and MANY coworkers were looked over for promotions and growth within the company. Terrible management, lazy coworkers, and less than ideal job tasks. If you're looking for an easy job than take this, but if you want to keep your sanity go elsewhere. Loved the clients, and that was probably the best part about this job.

Advice to Management

Utilize the hardworking and well-educated employees you have rather than keeping college dropouts in your management. PROPERLY TRAIN YOUR MANAGEMENT.

May 18, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for leaving this review. We appreciate your comments and are sorry your experience was not a positive one. DTI continually strives to hire and promote from within as part of our company ... More

Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DTI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are good Employees to work with Decent Salaries for some Nice Technologies for this size company Nice office space Some flexible work hours

Cons

Poor Executive Management Low Employee Morale Performance reviews non-existent and No raises Benefits were terrible Travel expenses must be covered personally then reimbursed No work life balance

Advice to Management

Executive Management should care more about employees to reduce churn. Manager and Employee feedback and opinions were ignored. Direction of company seemed to be a secret to the chosen few.

Apr 19, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review and we are sorry you no longer work at DTI. Valuable insights are very important to our management and we appreciate yours. Because we are the largest eDiscovery company in ... More

Low pay

Current Employee - Data Services in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Data Services in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at DTI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Just a job, nothing special.

Cons

Low pay, bad benefits, unappreciated.

Mar 26, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We appreciate that you took the time to write a review. We take these issues seriously and see them as an opportunity to continually improve. Glass door reviews are anonymous, but if you would like ... More

office service

Pros

easy work,you don't need any college degree for copies or printing

Cons

low pay, it is a job not a career.

Advice to Management

value your employee

If you are a desperately seeking professional....this place is for you...

Pros

Quite. Have the opportunity to build your own work structure

Cons

Ridiculously low pay. No upward mobility. Disconnected Management. Take advantage out of Lawyers and people that have been laid off or desperate for work.

Advice to Management

Restructure your Management model and properly reassign management duties to those employees that know how to be an effective manager

Mar 26, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for expressing your thoughts and concerns with us. DTI takes every comment and suggestion seriously, whether positive or negative. Please know that your review is valuable to us. Glass door ... More

office service

Pros

better than fast food and retail sale associate

Cons

it is not a career job.

Imaging Specialist

Former Employee - Service Specialist in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Service Specialist in Boston, MA

I worked at DTI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always paid on time; stellar training program that was adjusted and revamped to better suit its users; solidarity among employees. Everyone in Senior Management is very nice & approachable, when they are available. I have only had positive, constructive interactions with anyone in a corporate management position.

Cons

Clients treat you very poorly; management views you as a cost to cut; non-competitive wages; no job security; no possibility for advancement. Very limited vacation time with blacked out dates where you could not take time off i.e the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve & 12/26. I was often asked to come in & work Saturdays & Sundays on little notice.

Advice to Management

I advise you to show the respect to your employees that they have earned by providing livable wages & decent benefits. The lack of respect is constant from the lawyers & staff in the offices you are staffing; your employees need a source of support.

Feb 4, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Manager

I am sorry your experience with DTI was not all that you would want. Litigation support environments are very challenging and not for everyone. Weekend responsibility is definitely a part of many of ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed