DTS Reviews

High end tech company.

Former Employee - Product  in  Calabasas, CA
    Former Employee - Product in Calabasas, CA

I worked at DTS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Creative folks across all departments. Audio technology that "rocks". Great sound rooms for listening pleasure. Always have the latest Audio/Visual surround sound systems to test. Its great to be in the testing lab with high end Denon, Pioneer, Yamaha, Marantz, you name it, they have it.

Cons

Competitive market with the likes of Dolby. Always needing to re-invent to stay fresh in the audio space

Keep up the good work!!!

Good

I have been working at DTS as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

good learning and knowledge sharing

Cons

too much work and pressue

share the workload

excessive overhead, sluggish process, low productivity...

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer

I worked at DTS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice facility, decent compensation package (Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K, health insurance...)

Cons

Small company, but operates like a very large one (excessive overhead, sluggish process, low productivity...). Market is small and competitive. More than 10 years after going public, the stock price is still in the IPO territory. Some senior managers occupy critical positions without proven management records (insufficient domain knowledge, poor people skills…). They often fail to value subordinates' potential, do understand projects' scopes and necessary resources. High turnover rate. A few can leave with dignity.

Establish a more objective review process. Not only count the number of projects accomplished, but also look into the significance of each project and the amount of resources consumed. Minimize cost cutting if it reduces employee morale.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Many Global Opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Calabasas, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA

I have been working at DTS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's an exciting work environment as we touch just about every consumer-facing device around the world. Success and performance is rewarded, recognized and communicated to the rest of the employees on a regular basis. I've watched a lot of people move to the top of the organization in just a few years--pretty cool to watch. Lastly, this is a company that any employee can walk into the CEO's office and a have a conversation.

Cons

In some positions there is worldwide travel requirements so depending on if you like that or not, be prepared. Technology moves fast and we need to keep up.

We have a lot of employee monthly events at HQ but I think it would be great if we do more off-site events like Beach Day, a Dodger Game, volunteering for local community events as a team, etc..

Evolving with Potential

Current Employee - Director  in  Calabasas, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Calabasas, CA

I have been working at DTS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

DTS is an organization that continues to evolve as part of a very aggressive business strategy. Employees are smart, creative, friendly. I have the opportunity to provide value and contribute- very important to me for job satisfaction. Management, for the most part, is willing to listen to different perspectives, and make decisions accordingly. I enjoy collaborating with a number of employees across the organization, as well. There is acknowledgement and effort to improve skills, processes and strategies for long term business success - a healthy sign that we know we need to continuously improve for DTS to win.

Cons

Change has been ongoing since I joined DTS. And not all of the change has been managed thoughtfully with consideration to impact beyond the immediate goals. Though improving, I would also like more candid communication and greater clarity regarding direction.

Keep focusing on the basics of continuous improvement.
    Put concerted effort into improving management capability.
    Do a better job managing the change.

Poor management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Calabasas, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA

I worked at DTS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company with a strong vision

Cons

Confusing company to work for. Poor management, lacks leadership and lacks communication.

Disappointing to see that hard working employees who work hard, are proactive in their work ethic, and want to grow the business are eliminated while others who have no business being managers or leaders, are retained and probably promoted.

DTS technology is amazing. Career opportunities are limited.

I worked at DTS full-time

Pros

Great technology. HQ facility is very nice, majority of employees are kind and helpful, benefits are good.

Cons

Career opportunities are limited. Employees are not held accountable. Good people leave. Remains to be seen if the mgmt team can turn their opportunity into a profitable future.

Make it happen.

Great Employee-Centric Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Calabasas, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA

I have been working at DTS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cutting edge technology, employee-centric company, great corporate culture, excellent benefits, opportunities for professional career development and continuing education. A great place to join a progressive company for your career. Good employee communications portal and delivery of information.

Cons

In my tenure to date, none come to mind

DTS is a great employer

I have been working at DTS full-time

Pros

Extremely employee focused with a strong emphasis on team work

Cons

Not any cons to mention

Keep up the great work!

Take the good with the bad

I have been working at DTS full-time

Pros

Terrific facilities, benefits and ideals. The company does reward for hard work. Vacation accrual and sick accrual are on par with other small-mid companies. Decent telecommute policy (left to individual managers). Most managers allow for sliding work hours as long as the work is getting done.

Cons

It is impossible to feel like you are contributing to the end goals of the company unless you are a Director or above. The company frequently rewards "favorites" that are fed up the chain by incompetent Directors and VPs and in which the "favorite" has rarely done nothing more than work a couple of late nights. This casts doubt on the work of truly deserving rewardees. Lower level employees typically feel left out. The HR dept is not in touch with most of the employees. Slow to no career growth unless you are one of the boys.

Get off the second floor once in a while and take a look around!!

Worked for DTS? Contribute to the Community!