DXP Enterprises

I love working for DXP

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at DXP Enterprises full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I noticed so many negative reviews about DXP and felt I needed to speak up. When people are dissatisfied they tend to look for an outlet to complain. On the other hand, if you're satisfied with your job, you aren't logging on to glassdoor to tell the world. So if you're thinking about working at DXP, take the complaints with a grain of salt.

DXP executives have a true personal interest in seeing the company and its employees succeed. They have millions of dollars at stake in company stock (public information) and are working hard to make DXP the top industrial distributor. You don't achieve that with 3,000+ unhappy employees. So they do care about all of us. Some people's issues may stem from someone in middle-management or a supervisor that doesn't know how to manage people. That is with every company though. If you are in that situation, you request a transfer.

Opportunity for advancement does exist. Again, with 3000+ employees, people come and go. Management opportunities open, and if you've worked had and have the education and skills, you can certainly grow with the company.

In response to a particular comment about overtime, DXP operates the same way as every other company, which is required by Federal law. If you are a Non-Exempt (Hourly) employee, you are paid time and a half for hours over 40. If you are an Exempt (Salaried) employee, you receive a fixed salary and aren't eligible for time and a half. You know this when accepting the job offer, so it's no one's fault but your own for not understanding the labor laws.

Lastly, my experience with DXP, from the first phone call with the recruiter up until today has been a wonderful learning opportunity. While I do have a heavy work load, I am learning so much and staying busy which I'll take any day over a slow job that teaches me nothing.

Cons

The company has purchased numerous companies over the years and still has the challenge of integrating them into the DXP culture. DXP seems to be highly segmented, with a lack of communication across each business segment.

YOU who choose to apply ... Tread Lightly

Former Employee - Corporate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Corporate in Houston, TX

I worked at DXP Enterprises full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You will learn much, the " learning " comes in the form of added work you will receive because your peers are finding other jobs that pay 25% or 50% more than what DXP offers you.

If you're an optimist, just see it as a paid internship into the corporate world in which one can attain the skills to further their career elsewhere.

Benefits = Good

Cons

If you're a realist, you work for a company that piles more and more work on top of your job description. This company will fight you tooth and nail if you request a raise in your annual review, one way they accomplish that is by the extra added work. They will load you up to where you will find difficulty meeting their standards for your 3% raise.

Think of DXP as the WAL-MART of the supply chain world and other companies and the COSTCO ( and we all know how much Wally World values their employees )

DXP compensation is in the lowest 10% in the field.

Average Salary of my Peers were $27- $30k ( if youre lucky ) ... no you don't automatically get your salary check on the 1st and 15th. You have to hit your 40 hrs ( understandable )

However if you go over 40 hrs, you are not salary you are hourly in which case they pay HALF of your hourly wage, NOT time and a half,

I REPEAT ... NOT TIME AND A HALF

if you figure your salaries hourly wage is say $14.50 and hour, you will be paid $7.25 per overtime hour. ( who does that ? )

Every negative thing you read about this company you have to take it with a grain of salt, in the case of DXP enterprises my experience there confirms every negative thing I've read so far in regards to how the company operates.

On my 3rd day someone in upper management mentioned in private that DXP isn't the kind of company where you move up, its the kind of company where you come in for a few years, get your skills and leave. I never asked him why but quickly found out for myself.

read the advice employees and former employees have posted on here and follow through.

disjointed conglomeration of companies from different industries

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at DXP Enterprises full-time (more than an year)

Pros

pay, potential opportunity, expense reimbursement

Cons

lack of support, broken promises, poor organization

consider deeper on whom you rely upon

Stay away from this place!

Current Employee - Item Maintenance Clerk in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Item Maintenance Clerk in Houston, TX

I have been working at DXP Enterprises full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The only thing good about this place was the person I worked under who was an awesome guy! That's about it.

Cons

Low pay and expensive benefits! Not to mention there is absolutely no room for advancement, You're stuck and once you are in a certain position, you are there. And a raise? Please.

All the time they're busy buying up other companies, some of that money should trickle down to their employees.

DXPeople

I have been working at DXP Enterprises full-time (more than an year)

Pros

One of the great things about DXP is the people who work here. You will find that this company has an employee base that is diverse and dedicated. I personally work in a great team environment and have supportive management . There is plenty of room for professional and personal growth. DXP has a great culture and set of values.

Cons

I would like to see more departments interacting together.

Continue to progess in updating benefits in order to maintain being competive in the recruitment of top talent. Continue to increase employee engagement by offering more employee perks like opportunities for training, recognition, and anything else that creates value.

Good local team

I worked at DXP Enterprises

Pros

Great Company, family first

Cons

Corp HQ is out of touch on what is needed to grow in new market

Worst Company I've ever worked for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

I worked at DXP Enterprises full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only good thing about this company was being about to talk to other employees that could empathize about how terrible it was to work there. Walked away with some good friends - who are no longer working there.

Cons

Racism and good old boy behavior was supported from supervisors and managers. Supervisor would commonly insult and ridicule workers publicly. Also my supervisor seemed to be even worse when he as clearly hung over or had shaky hands from withdrawals. Management frequently hire family members who were inexperienced jerks who thought they could then run the place and treat people disrespectfully. Management and workers were routinely unprofessional being rude, cussing, chastising, calling names, talking about one another and more. When I went to upper management they said that everyone complains about management and did nothing. There were no opportunity for promotions. The pay was awful.

If I could give no stars I would

Former Employee - Buyer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Buyer in Houston, TX

I worked at DXP Enterprises full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible in some departments. That is seriously the only Pro to this company

Cons

PAY!!! If you can hold out and wait for other offers I would suggest that you do. This review is biased towards the department that I work in and also the senior management. I seriously don't know how this company and companies like this continue to make a profit because it fails at every aspect internally and externally. The culture in the department that I worked in was ridiculous. People are petty and love to take credit for work they didn't do and throw you under the bus if any thing went wrong. Double standards are set as well. Managers and supervisors will lecture about things you shouldn't do while breaking the same policies themselves. The list goes on and on and like I said make sure this job is a last resort option because it will definitely feel like one. Also a lot of problems that this company has in common but the pay is what make the problems stand out the most. FYI if you notice the 3 reviews of this company below this one are all super positive well a few months ago I respond to a company wide survey and also showed them reviews of sites like this so you do the math.

Pay employees competitive salaries if you want to competitive work. Clean house if you ever want to company to compete on the next level in this industry.

An incredible learning experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at DXP Enterprises full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A company with great values and benefits for thier employees. Thorough training with exceptional opportunities to grow and develop within the company.

Cons

The same you would find at any job where different people come together with one goal in mind. Sometimes ideas clash and not every voice that's heard can be satisfied.

Great place to work while looking for work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at DXP Enterprises full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This company is buying up companies and growing in this manner yet cannot seem to grow organically. Not sure how the cash is being raised to buy these companies but it seems financially solid now and the checks don't bounce. I am told it's hard to fire someone so that's about the extent of the employee centric culture. They value time off for Christmas and Easter.

Cons

The corp. office has drain flies in the bathrooms and the modesty panels have such large gaps in them that you feel like its a peep show while doing your "business". Its old and outdated and no one seems to care. They carried over the same tired 80's motif in the new building. Some departments seem to have good managers and good moral, if you are under a bad manager you are screwed- no recourse. They do not value their employees or try to keep them. Vacation is a joke.

You need to have your HR department involved in the hiring process and make sure managers know how to interview and not let them be little hitlers. Also, train them on how to treat employees and look into leadership training for managers.