DXP Enterprises Reviews

Updated March 8, 2015
34 reviews filtered by
2.6
David R. Little

1. Don't Trust This Company. One day you are given a promotion and the next day they do away with your job!

I worked at DXP Enterprises

Pros

Working from home was great. Worked long hours but loved the job.

Cons

Management keeps you in the dark. A lot of Back-Stabbing by lower level employees.

You need to control the lying and back-stabbing. Employees feel they are always in the dark---not knowing what is going to happen next.

2. Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - IT Clerk in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - IT Clerk in Houston, TX

I have been working at DXP Enterprises full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Up to date software, equipment, etc. Leader in the industry

Cons

I am fairly new to company but the time-off policy doesn't give vacation till after 1 year

3. FUBAR

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Rochester, NY

I worked at DXP Enterprises full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Worked from home, paid for the vacation i was owed

Cons

My manager got into an argument with his boss. He told his boss he would no longer travel to my territory to support me, NOBODY told me this. I was on an island for 10 months without any support and when my numbers dipped, I was dropped. They do not have a single billing system, all of their supplies are shipped from all their different local suppliers so your customers are confused and don't want to deal with this. As a result, your customers get ticked at you and drop you. Enter at your own risk should have been how it was stated when I entered those offices for the first time.

Get your acts together! Stop expanding and start organizing!

5. Horrible

Former Contractor - Assistant Citrix Engineer in Houston, TX
    Former Contractor - Assistant Citrix Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at DXP Enterprises as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The only positive thing about this company is that they pay market value.

Cons

I was with this company as a contractor. I was initially told I would be working in IT Support as a technician this however was a lie. I instead was doing data migrations and then told after 6 months I would be moved to Technician. They informed me I could study for my A+ doing downtime and it would assist with my job functionality. I did this and then got in trouble for reading a certification book. They also then later said that there was never a technician spot.

I was also never given a time I was expected to be in. Naturally I came in at 9am-5pm because that is when my user base came in. I was then in trouble for this even though I had specifically asked for a set schedule and none was ever provided. Management even got on my case because I was smiling and talking to users while completing a migration despite having several of them email on my behalf commending me for my excellent service.

This by far was the worse company I have ever worked for the IT administrators there were upset with me because I pushed back to have a migration done in 15 minutes rather than an hour. You are also not allowed to talk to anyone during the day otherwise you will be written up. I would never work here if I were you. If you are a contractor they view you as worthless and they had explicitly told me that as well. Management is rude and liars as well. The IT administrators are horrid there as well. There are two domains neither of which work properly and have multiple issues on a daily occurrence. The Citrix Farm is also poorly managed and has multiple issues and is extremely slow because of a refusal to address the issue. There is also not one employee I spoke with there who was happy with the company.

Learn to care about your employees and encourage their growth. Also start caring about your user base and address the issues at hand.

6. Company is 100plus year, but no employees have 30 plus anniversary

Former Employee - IT/BI/Report Developer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - IT/BI/Report Developer in Houston, TX

I worked at DXP Enterprises

Pros

Get to work from home and collect pay check
    No college or accredited degree required

Cons

No Employees value
    Take credit of other hard work
    IT have access to everything

Treat and value hard work and talented employees

7. I love working for DXP

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at DXP Enterprises full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I noticed so many negative reviews about DXP and felt I needed to speak up. When people are dissatisfied they tend to look for an outlet to complain. On the other hand, if you're satisfied with your job, you aren't logging on to glassdoor to tell the world. So if you're thinking about working at DXP, take the complaints with a grain of salt.

DXP executives have a true personal interest in seeing the company and its employees succeed. They have millions of dollars at stake in company stock (public information) and are working hard to make DXP the top industrial distributor. You don't achieve that with 3,000+ unhappy employees. So they do care about all of us. Some people's issues may stem from someone in middle-management or a supervisor that doesn't know how to manage people. That is with every company though. If you are in that situation, you request a transfer.

Opportunity for advancement does exist. Again, with 3000+ employees, people come and go. Management opportunities open, and if you've worked had and have the education and skills, you can certainly grow with the company.

In response to a particular comment about overtime, DXP operates the same way as every other company, which is required by Federal law. If you are a Non-Exempt (Hourly) employee, you are paid time and a half for hours over 40. If you are an Exempt (Salaried) employee, you receive a fixed salary and aren't eligible for time and a half. You know this when accepting the job offer, so it's no one's fault but your own for not understanding the labor laws.

Lastly, my experience with DXP, from the first phone call with the recruiter up until today has been a wonderful learning opportunity. While I do have a heavy work load, I am learning so much and staying busy which I'll take any day over a slow job that teaches me nothing.

Cons

The company has purchased numerous companies over the years and still has the challenge of integrating them into the DXP culture. DXP seems to be highly segmented, with a lack of communication across each business segment.

YOU who choose to apply ... Tread Lightly

Former Employee - Corporate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Corporate in Houston, TX

I worked at DXP Enterprises full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You will learn much, the " learning " comes in the form of added work you will receive because your peers are finding other jobs that pay 25% or 50% more than what DXP offers you.

If you're an optimist, just see it as a paid internship into the corporate world in which one can attain the skills to further their career elsewhere.

Benefits = Good

Cons

If you're a realist, you work for a company that piles more and more work on top of your job description. This company will fight you tooth and nail if you request a raise in your annual review, one way they accomplish that is by the extra added work. They will load you up to where you will find difficulty meeting their standards for your 3% raise.

Think of DXP as the WAL-MART of the supply chain world and other companies and the COSTCO ( and we all know how much Wally World values their employees )

DXP compensation is in the lowest 10% in the field.

Average Salary of my Peers were $27- $30k ( if youre lucky ) ... no you don't automatically get your salary check on the 1st and 15th. You have to hit your 40 hrs ( understandable )

However if you go over 40 hrs, you are not salary you are hourly in which case they pay HALF of your hourly wage, NOT time and a half,

I REPEAT ... NOT TIME AND A HALF

if you figure your salaries hourly wage is say $14.50 and hour, you will be paid $7.25 per overtime hour. ( who does that ? )

Every negative thing you read about this company you have to take it with a grain of salt, in the case of DXP enterprises my experience there confirms every negative thing I've read so far in regards to how the company operates.

On my 3rd day someone in upper management mentioned in private that DXP isn't the kind of company where you move up, its the kind of company where you come in for a few years, get your skills and leave. I never asked him why but quickly found out for myself.

read the advice employees and former employees have posted on here and follow through.

disjointed conglomeration of companies from different industries

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at DXP Enterprises full-time (more than a year)

Pros

pay, potential opportunity, expense reimbursement

Cons

lack of support, broken promises, poor organization

consider deeper on whom you rely upon

Stay away from this place!

Current Employee - Item Maintenance Clerk in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Item Maintenance Clerk in Houston, TX

I have been working at DXP Enterprises full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The only thing good about this place was the person I worked under who was an awesome guy! That's about it.

Cons

Low pay and expensive benefits! Not to mention there is absolutely no room for advancement, You're stuck and once you are in a certain position, you are there. And a raise? Please.

All the time they're busy buying up other companies, some of that money should trickle down to their employees.

DXPeople

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at DXP Enterprises full-time (more than a year)

Pros

One of the great things about DXP is the people who work here. You will find that this company has an employee base that is diverse and dedicated. I personally work in a great team environment and have supportive management . There is plenty of room for professional and personal growth. DXP has a great culture and set of values.

Cons

I would like to see more departments interacting together.

Continue to progess in updating benefits in order to maintain being competive in the recruitment of top talent. Continue to increase employee engagement by offering more employee perks like opportunities for training, recognition, and anything else that creates value.