DXP Enterprises Reviews

DXPeople

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at DXP Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

One of the great things about DXP is the people who work here. You will find that this company has an employee base that is diverse and dedicated. I personally work in a great team environment and have supportive management . There is plenty of room for professional and personal growth. DXP has a great culture and set of values.

Cons

I would like to see more departments interacting together.

Continue to progess in updating benefits in order to maintain being competive in the recruitment of top talent. Continue to increase employee engagement by offering more employee perks like opportunities for training, recognition, and anything else that creates value.

disjointed conglomeration of companies from different industries

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at DXP Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

pay, potential opportunity, expense reimbursement

Cons

lack of support, broken promises, poor organization

consider deeper on whom you rely upon

Stay away from this place!

Current Employee - Item Maintenance Clerk  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Item Maintenance Clerk in Houston, TX

I have been working at DXP Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

The only thing good about this place was the person I worked under who was an awesome guy! That's about it.

Cons

Low pay and expensive benefits! Not to mention there is absolutely no room for advancement, You're stuck and once you are in a certain position, you are there. And a raise? Please.

All the time they're busy buying up other companies, some of that money should trickle down to their employees.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good local team

I worked at DXP Enterprises

Pros

Great Company, family first

Cons

Corp HQ is out of touch on what is needed to grow in new market

Worst Company I've ever worked for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Golden, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

I worked at DXP Enterprises full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The only good thing about this company was being about to talk to other employees that could empathize about how terrible it was to work there. Walked away with some good friends - who are no longer working there.

Cons

Racism and good old boy behavior was supported from supervisors and managers. Supervisor would commonly insult and ridicule workers publicly. Also my supervisor seemed to be even worse when he as clearly hung over or had shaky hands from withdrawals. Management frequently hire family members who were inexperienced jerks who thought they could then run the place and treat people disrespectfully. Management and workers were routinely unprofessional being rude, cussing, chastising, calling names, talking about one another and more. When I went to upper management they said that everyone complains about management and did nothing. There were no opportunity for promotions. The pay was awful.

If I could give no stars I would

Former Employee - Buyer  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Buyer in Houston, TX

I worked at DXP Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible in some departments. That is seriously the only Pro to this company

Cons

PAY!!! If you can hold out and wait for other offers I would suggest that you do. This review is biased towards the department that I work in and also the senior management. I seriously don't know how this company and companies like this continue to make a profit because it fails at every aspect internally and externally. The culture in the department that I worked in was ridiculous. People are petty and love to take credit for work they didn't do and throw you under the bus if any thing went wrong. Double standards are set as well. Managers and supervisors will lecture about things you shouldn't do while breaking the same policies themselves. The list goes on and on and like I said make sure this job is a last resort option because it will definitely feel like one. Also a lot of problems that this company has in common but the pay is what make the problems stand out the most. FYI if you notice the 3 reviews of this company below this one are all super positive well a few months ago I respond to a company wide survey and also showed them reviews of sites like this so you do the math.

Pay employees competitive salaries if you want to competitive work. Clean house if you ever want to company to compete on the next level in this industry.

An incredible learning experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at DXP Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

A company with great values and benefits for thier employees. Thorough training with exceptional opportunities to grow and develop within the company.

Cons

The same you would find at any job where different people come together with one goal in mind. Sometimes ideas clash and not every voice that's heard can be satisfied.

Great place to work while looking for work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at DXP Enterprises full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company is buying up companies and growing in this manner yet cannot seem to grow organically. Not sure how the cash is being raised to buy these companies but it seems financially solid now and the checks don't bounce. I am told it's hard to fire someone so that's about the extent of the employee centric culture. They value time off for Christmas and Easter.

Cons

The corp. office has drain flies in the bathrooms and the modesty panels have such large gaps in them that you feel like its a peep show while doing your "business". Its old and outdated and no one seems to care. They carried over the same tired 80's motif in the new building. Some departments seem to have good managers and good moral, if you are under a bad manager you are screwed- no recourse. They do not value their employees or try to keep them. Vacation is a joke.

You need to have your HR department involved in the hiring process and make sure managers know how to interview and not let them be little hitlers. Also, train them on how to treat employees and look into leadership training for managers.

Flexible Schedule

Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at DXP Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very flexible work schedule. Most IT employee work from home or 10:00 AM to 03:00 PM, Plus mini break and lunch break.

Cons

Horseplay, cursing, and project behind schedule.

Promotion need to be talent, dedication, and accountability base not whom you know or manager buddy

Unprofessional

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at DXP Enterprises full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The best thing about working there was the insurance coverage; that's it.

Cons

Unprofessional management (curses a lot & talks about people to employees), slim to no raises, almost all the ones that have been there 5, 10, 15+ years have left, they don't care how long you've been there; to them your just a light bulb that can be easily replaced, no room for advancement. So sad and I bet the "owner" doesn't even know...

Pay attention to what your employees are saying; and if they aren't saying anything its because they are too scared. NO manager or upper management should not curse on a daily basis to employees and/or talk down about other employees in front of employees. Unprofessional atmosphere with SO much DRAMA.

Worked for DXP Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!