DXP Enterprises

Be The First To
Add Photos

David R. Little

Good local team

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Company, family first

ConsCorp HQ is out of touch on what is needed to grow in new market

DXPeople

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsOne of the great things about DXP is the people who work here. You will find that this company has an employee base that is diverse and dedicated. I personally work in a great team environment and have supportive management . There is plenty of room for professional and personal growth. DXP has a great culture and set of values.

ConsI would like to see more departments interacting together.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to progess in updating benefits in order to maintain being competive in the recruitment of top talent. Continue to increase employee engagement by offering more employee perks like opportunities for training, recognition, and anything else that creates value.

Stay away from this place!

Item Maintenance Clerk (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe only thing good about this place was the person I worked under who was an awesome guy! That's about it.

ConsLow pay and expensive benefits! Not to mention there is absolutely no room for advancement, You're stuck and once you are in a certain position, you are there. And a raise? Please.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll the time they're busy buying up other companies, some of that money should trickle down to their employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An incredible learning experience.

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsA company with great values and benefits for thier employees. Thorough training with exceptional opportunities to grow and develop within the company.

ConsThe same you would find at any job where different people come together with one goal in mind. Sometimes ideas clash and not every voice that's heard can be satisfied.

Worst Company I've ever worked for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Golden, CO

ProsThe only good thing about this company was being about to talk to other employees that could empathize about how terrible it was to work there. Walked away with some good friends - who are no longer working there.

ConsRacism and good old boy behavior was supported from supervisors and managers. Supervisor would commonly insult and ridicule workers publicly. Also my supervisor seemed to be even worse when he as clearly hung over or had shaky hands from withdrawals. Management frequently hire family members who were inexperienced jerks who thought they could then run the place and treat people disrespectfully. Management and workers were routinely unprofessional being rude, cussing, chastising, calling names, talking about one another and more. When I went to upper management they said that everyone complains about management and did nothing. There were no opportunity for promotions. The pay was awful.

If I could give no stars I would

Buyer (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFlexible in some departments. That is seriously the only Pro to this company

ConsPAY!!! If you can hold out and wait for other offers I would suggest that you do. This review is biased towards the department that I work in and also the senior management. I seriously don't know how this company and companies like this continue to make a profit because it fails at every aspect internally and externally. The culture in the department that I worked in was ridiculous. People are petty and love to take credit for work they didn't do and throw you under the bus if any thing went wrong. Double standards are set as well. Managers and supervisors will lecture about things you shouldn't do while breaking the same policies themselves. The list goes on and on and like I said make sure this job is a last resort option because it will definitely feel like one. Also a lot of problems that this company has in common but the pay is what make the problems stand out the most. FYI if you notice the 3 reviews of this company below this one are all super positive well a few months ago I respond to a company wide survey and also showed them reviews of sites like this so you do the math.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay employees competitive salaries if you want to competitive work. Clean house if you ever want to company to compete on the next level in this industry.

Great place to work while looking for work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThis company is buying up companies and growing in this manner yet cannot seem to grow organically. Not sure how the cash is being raised to buy these companies but it seems financially solid now and the checks don't bounce. I am told it's hard to fire someone so that's about the extent of the employee centric culture. They value time off for Christmas and Easter.

ConsThe corp. office has drain flies in the bathrooms and the modesty panels have such large gaps in them that you feel like its a peep show while doing your "business". Its old and outdated and no one seems to care. They carried over the same tired 80's motif in the new building. Some departments seem to have good managers and good moral, if you are under a bad manager you are screwed- no recourse. They do not value their employees or try to keep them. Vacation is a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to have your HR department involved in the hiring process and make sure managers know how to interview and not let them be little hitlers. Also, train them on how to treat employees and look into leadership training for managers.

Flexible Schedule

Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsVery flexible work schedule. Most IT employee work from home or 10:00 AM to 03:00 PM, Plus mini break and lunch break.

ConsHorseplay, cursing, and project behind schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotion need to be talent, dedication, and accountability base not whom you know or manager buddy

Unprofessional

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe best thing about working there was the insurance coverage; that's it.

ConsUnprofessional management (curses a lot & talks about people to employees), slim to no raises, almost all the ones that have been there 5, 10, 15+ years have left, they don't care how long you've been there; to them your just a light bulb that can be easily replaced, no room for advancement. So sad and I bet the "owner" doesn't even know...

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to what your employees are saying; and if they aren't saying anything its because they are too scared. NO manager or upper management should not curse on a daily basis to employees and/or talk down about other employees in front of employees. Unprofessional atmosphere with SO much DRAMA.

Stay away from this place!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Denham Springs, LA

ProsIt is a job. some of the worker work hard

ConsNo raises, poor management therefore, no leadership, favorites that are not qualified nor degreed

Advice to Senior ManagementGive raises to the people that are working.

Worked for DXP Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!