DaVinci Financial and Insurance Associates

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Darren Sugiyama

It is fair right now. Will update as time passes

ProsEveryone is nice at the firm

ConsCompany should provide computers to employees.

"personal growth" = "reading a script", and "mentorship" = "listen to me reading this script"

Agent (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsSimplified sales process, easy to learn the ropes, senior advisors close deals for you, really nice fellow associates, great window views, free coffee

ConsNo base. Minimal training. Cold calling. Limited first come first serve desk space. No provided equipments other than internet (no wi-fi), company email, and coffee- not even paper cups (seriously?). Pretty much learn as you go, figuring out how to make a convincing sales pitch as you make mistakes. Insane turnover rates.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually care about your associates more. Not just how much business they are bringing in (or not).

Great Company....tells it like it is....Unlimited Opportunity's for those that aren't afraid of work!

ProsGreat Mentorship Program
    System driven company
    Fabulous training!
    Ability to grow as fast as you want with hard work
    People care about their clients
    Jr Rep, Sr Rep training program....never on your own til your ready
    Upbeat work environment, everyone supports each others success

ConsIf your lazy and want everything handed to you...not the job for you. You must have the drive to success....

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep opening up offices in other states...great business to work in!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This is the company to be a part of!!

Managing Director (Current Employee)
    Southington, CT

ProsThis is the next big thing that you have been waiting for ! If you say simple script correctly you will make life changing money!
     The support that you receive is unprecedented the technology is way bend their time . I have been with the firm for almost year and I am living proof that it is possible to be successful in this industry I do work hard and I do earn an above average income!
    If they call you for an interview don't walk RUN there !

Good Luck!

ConsI really can not think of one this is where dreams can come true

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing the company is growing at an alarming rate.

A unique experience with Personal Growth and unprecedented mentorship sets the bar high

Junior Associate (Current Employee)

ProsI would say that the most rewarding thing for me as an associate after going on 3 months at the firm, is the constant support and mentorship provided by all the Senior Agents in my agency. I have grown personally and have learned more about the industry than I ever had at previous places of employment in similar industries. Including the CEO himself. I have never been a part of such a successful, well oiled machine, in which the CEO is so hands on and supportive. Each day brings a new experience and there is always a new-found energy in the office, which makes for a very rewarding day, each and every week.

ConsThis position calls for a lot of hard work and dedication. When you show up for a day of work at the office, it is in your own hands to put forth the effort. You will ultimately receive what you put out in effort. It is not for the weak at heart, a thick skin is eventually needed to put in the long hours and retain all of the information and education provided. A passion for helping others is vital in ultimately reaping the rewards and benefits in this business.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have none, keep doing what you are doing.

Multi Level Marketing Company Which Is Basically a Quasi-Legal Scam

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou can choose your hours.
    The other employees (who are also being taken advantage of) are nice people

ConsThe company invests nothing in its employees and that should be enough of a warning sign. Beyond that everything you do is scripted, and I mean everything. The script is chock full of misrepresentations and sometimes outright lies. As well after only a month of working at Da Vinci I was given the "opportunity" to recruit potential candidates which again consisted of cold calling based on a script full of lies and misrepresentations. Beyond that I was told I would make an override on their work, which basically means I would take a percentage of the profits from their sales.

Further, the job is purely a game of dial monkey so if you like cold calling people from a script all day everyday then booking meetings that are also fully scripted have a go at it. I booked several appointments and even made a sale before I left but never saw a dime from them.

Advice to Senior ManagementHard to give advice to management when they know exactly what they are doing all I can say is what comes around goes around.

Motivating Place To Be

Personal Equity & Financial Strategist (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsDavinci Financial provides you with the tools to be as sucessful as you want to be...they are led by an inspiring team who take great pride in how they do business and with whom. They expect you to be dilligent in how you follow their systems, but for good reason. They have a proven track record and know that if you follow their lead you will be successful. The principals of the firm are the hardest working individuals in the company and they lead by example, which is a refreshing thing to see now a days.

ConsYou have to want to be sucessful when working with Davinci...if you are not looking to take control of your future and work to get what you want then this may not be the right place for you. If you do however embrace an entrepreneurial mindset than you will flourish with this company and make more money than you ever thought possible.

Great mentorship, unlimited opportunity for those willing to put in the work.

Associate (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsGreat environment to learn from some real industry pros. It's not easy work, but then again . . . nothing worthwhile was ever easily attained. This company really is at the forefront of some great insurance products, and it was really a wonderful opportunity to get some great training. Had to relocate out of state, but if I hadn't I would definitely still be there.

ConsParking can be challenging, but when you start making those great commissions, who really cares?

Great mentorship program that provides the tools to become a successful, well-rounded individual

Irvine, CA

ProsBeing with Davinci for almost 2 years, I have seen the company grow tremendously and can only expect it to continue because their constantly making innovative improvements. The work environment is very upbeat and everyone is friendly. My mentor taught me everything I needed to know and how to figure out all the things I didn’t know. Through this job I have gained confidence, independence, and the ability to adapt to change quickly. I was able to gain a management position in less than a year because hard work within a small new company is easily noticed. Now, since we are expanding, it will be exciting to experience the next step in establishing a new business.

Pros to the Financial Advisor Position:

- Expanding, fairly new company, so many opportunities to move up. Opened up 2 offices within the last year and looking to open up more.

- Willing to work with people with substantial work ethic even if they have no experience in the field.

- Great 2 week training program for new hires with the President, with constant mentor-ship from assigned Senior Advisor.

- Agents here do their due diligence and really care about helping clients out whether it be saving them money, picking the products that best fit their needs, or looking over a policy and telling them they don’t need their help because their all set.

Cons- You have to have strong perseverance and drive. If your not willing to work hard everyday, you wont succeed here.

This company is a low-life employment scam

Financial Advisor (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsOnly a nice looking office but nothing else.

ConsThey cheat you right at the first call to interview to get you into the sales job. They will try the best to pay you the least. But if you don't want to hold a sign on street all day, this company just a right one for you to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove your company off-shore to India or Bangladesh.

Worked for DaVinci Financial and Insurance Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DaVinci Financial and Insurance Associates reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DaVinci Financial and Insurance Associates CEO Darren Sugiyama. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by DaVinci Financial and Insurance Associates employees.