DaVita

Updated March 5, 2015
3.1

DaVita Chairman and CEO Kent J. Thiry
Kent J. Thiry

Pros
  • Training is awesome and the Core Values are truly alive within the company (in 40 reviews)

• There are limitless possibilities for training, work life balance and advancement (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance doesn't exist unless you don't seem "engaged" in your work (in 31 reviews)

• No 401k match, raises are limited but employees enjoy helping patients (in 29 reviews)

More Highlights

Disappointed with manangment structure.

Former Employee - Patient Care Technician in Abington, PA
    Former Employee - Patient Care Technician in Abington, PA

I worked at DaVita full-time

Pros

Having a social worker as Facililty administrator work well for the patients who wanted make complaints

Cons

When it came down to the staff however,.it seemed as though there was a revolving door..The DaVita Village prides itself on teamwork. I don't see how that can happen when the FA is constantly having "coworkers" in the office asking what one an other are doing. Now come on, its petty, childish, and it doesn't inspire confidence in the workplace between the people you suppose to count on in a pinch. Especially when you have lives relying on you.

My advice is as follows. If you want a "Teamwork" atmosphere with the comradere that comes with it. Don't undermine it by having staff members sneak around,spying and tattlying like children. Trust me, everyone knows who it isanyway. That's why you're not retaining staff.

Great patients and staff

Current Employee - Assistant Facility Manager in South Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Assistant Facility Manager in South Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at DaVita full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great growth potential if you are willing to take on extra responsibilities. you get what you are willing to put into the company. Patients are wonderful!

Cons

Sometimes new initiatives come one after another and it can be hectic to implement them all effectively and in a timely manner. Plan to stay busy.

Decrease the number of conference calls that are required when new initiatives are rolled out. Sometimes I spend all day on the phone and have no time to get actual work completed.

Always an adventure

Current Employee - Ccht in Baytown, TX
    Current Employee - Ccht in Baytown, TX

I have been working at DaVita part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Patients, giving life, sense of accomplishment. Training programs are great. Room for advancement.

Cons

Unrealistic goals at times. Some FA's don't follow through with correcting issues. Constant changes that sometimes make it very difficult to do your job in a timely manner

It would be nice to have a manager shadow a tech for a day and then try and meet certain budget items for open and close.

Great place to work...

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Deland, FL
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Deland, FL

I worked at DaVita full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

DaVita was a wonderful place to work. Good people, good leadership - although it has gotten a little worse the last few years. Maybe upper management/execs are loosing focus.

Cons

DaVita doesn't pay as well as they should.

Bring up your compensation plans and focus on your team.

It is a great experenice

Current Employee - Dialysis Technician in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Dialysis Technician in Memphis, TN

I have been working at DaVita

Pros

I enjoy my job working with patients learning different things about the machines

Cons

machine alarms, feeling that I am not getting enough salary.

going back school to further my education

Administrative Assistant

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Denver, CO

I have been working at DaVita

Pros

Great environment to work
    Company core values are taken serious (especially "Team" and "Fun")
    No macromanagement

Cons

Workload is super high
    Poor training program
    Compensation is not so great

its great!

Current Employee - Patient Account Representative
    Current Employee - Patient Account Representative

I have been working at DaVita full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company really embraces the idea of being a 'Village' and offers so many opportunities for growth as well as team building.

Cons

I have yet to come across any negatives to working for this company. I am sure there are some, being as no company can be perfect, but for right now I can't think of any.

None at the moment

Great Company for Clinicians - Mixed Bag for Everyone Else

Current Employee - Executive Assistant
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant

I have been working at DaVita full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

As an admin support teammate, I've experienced more flexibility with my schedule than any other employer.
    having worked here for almost eight years, I was impressed with the genuine love and compassion most teammates here have for the work that they do.

Cons

The company feels like its getting too big and can't effectively handle the growth. We're buying up other companies without having the proper infrastructure (IT, Payroll, Accounting, etc). Getting basic issues addressed become painful. It takes weeks and months to get things resolved (phone lines, computer problems, etc) that should take a matter of hours or days. It feels like we're grossly understaffed in some areas and our technology is years behind where it needs to work in an efficient manner.
    The expectations too are ridiculously high as it relates to the volume of work expected for almost any position within the company. There is lots of talk regarding work life balance, but the reality is that it is not possible for the majority of teammates.

Keep focused that this truly is patient care first and not what the stock market dictates. Looking for the cheapest way to manage everything ends up costing more in the long run.
    Go back to truly emphasizing the core values (not by lip service, but by actions).
    And since the most consistently criticized benefit in my time here has been the lack of a matching 401k, create one, instead of pawning this bad Triple Crown, which short changes most of us, especially teammates who are in support roles (not clinical or management).

Great

I have been working at DaVita full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

No night shift with Sunday's off

Cons

Hardwork, Must be a acrobat

Most of the time good team spirit. Management seems unaware of problems with higher patient,but patients are sicker.

Current Employee - Staff RN in Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Nashua, NH

I have been working at DaVita full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are very helpful with those who need medication etc.

Cons

Management needs to be interested in the patients not the bottom line

Share improvements.