DaVita

Updated November 19, 2014
3.1

DaVita Chairman and CEO Kent J. Thiry
Kent J. Thiry

Pros
  • Training is awesome and the Core Values are truly alive within the company (in 40 reviews)

• There are limitless possibilities for training, work life balance and advancement (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance doesn't exist unless you don't seem "engaged" in your work (in 31 reviews)

• No 401k match, raises are limited but employees enjoy helping patients (in 28 reviews)

More Highlights

Different kind of company.

I have been working at DaVita

Pros

Good training team, company values are high for patient care, they strive to be the best and take care of the patients. Upper upper management are all very nice and receptive to positive and negative feed back. They try to make changes to benefit positive outcome. The company has team building events and different things throughout the year to promote employee appreciation.

Cons

They promote people who are friends or who drink the coolade not based on knowledge. Some middle mgt throw people under the bus to account for dept failures blaming everyone else when they, mgt, doesn't have a clue , dont take action with the supervisors on the team not following through or doesn't use the information given to them to make the necessary changes to procedures to get things done right the first time. They run people out of their jobs that DO have a clue. It's a shame middle management can't be as professional and considerate as upper management.

This is for UPPER management, investigate issues brought to you about middle management. So many good and knowledgeable people have been run out if your company. You strive to be the best, don't be blindsided by the ones who put on the act.

davita

Current Employee - Ccht in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Ccht in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at DaVita full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

you can find a job anywhere

Cons

long hours not enough pay

The community does benefit from a company with great leaders.

Current Employee - Team Mate
    Current Employee - Team Mate

I have been working at DaVita full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They offer quite an array of teaching materials for education.

Cons

with such a large company, the staffing issues are the most complex and does not leave much room for growth.

Incentives for float pool to grow and assist current staff would make a world of difference for morale.

Company profile

Current Employee - Facility Administrator in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Facility Administrator in Richmond, VA

I have been working at DaVita full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Seems to be a fast pace company with oppurtunity to grow within the company

Cons

To get things done in a timely manner

Need to improve the process over include the time spend on anything

Rewarding

I have been working at DaVita

Pros

Benefits, potential for growth in company.

Cons

Small staff, hard to call in sick if you are.

Bigger staff
     ratio to allow the staff to care for themselves if they are sick.

Worst job

I have been working at DaVita

Pros

There are no pros. People stay cause they can't find a job elsewhere but NOBODY likes working here

Cons

no 401k contribution. Ins choices stink, raises are paltry if at all ($.14-$.50) always pushing to clock in and out on time. Cut hours and pay with no notice. Run like a spending club for management. Corporate culture...BARF!!!!! That moron CEO gets to dress up like a knight and shout inane statement. The compliance is a joke and is presented at a five year old level. This place will make you stupid. Very little focus on the science of kidney failure tons of crap on being a good Davita employee. All charting programs run on DOS. In short this company lives for and at the mercy of the bottom line while the CEO made $23 mil salary last year.

Read you friggin mission. You are far off from being the employer of choice!

I have been working at DaVita full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good incentive to further education and scholarships for employees and family members

Cons

Not a strong team work feel out on the floor. Only amongst a few close friends who feel they are better than everyone else. Kind of a better watch your back atmosphere or find a way to join the crowd.

Keep a close eye, very close eye( unannounced - kind of spying inspections) on the actual way things are being done on the floor when no one is looking and you better look fast to catch it, because they are quick at doing things they shouldn't in order to make things go faster and smoother even though it's not protocol. Kind of a hush, it works and we don't even know why that's a rule. It's ridiculous. We are on a time frame and we make it work.

Talk about importance of patient care but chronic understaffed.

Current Employee - Hemodialysis RN
    Current Employee - Hemodialysis RN

I have been working at DaVita full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People I work with are wonderful but you do not have enough staff to give quality care.

Cons

Regional management talks about being the provider of choice but our clinic has broken down treatment chairs and patched up equipment that frequently breaks down. Some of the chairs are an infection control issue with coverings having big cracks that could hold bacteria.

Listen to what clinic staff have to say so there is less dissatisfaction and turn over of staff. Get new chairs in the older clinics. Many patients complain about the discomfort of the broken down chairs and equipment. Some of the equipment I would not let a family member get treatment with.

10 years of employment

Current Employee - Ccht in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Ccht in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at DaVita full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Growth within the company is promising, overtime is always available, tuition assistance is exceptional and health benefits are a plus. My co-workers are amazing and very supportive of one another. Employees support Davita's mission, core values, and believe in going above and beyond as far as patient care is concerned.

Cons

It is very easy to lose control over your ability to balance work/home life with all of the overtime and other opportunities. Leadership is sometimes questionable…the company is hiring young leaders with little experience. I believe in giving people a chance but immaturity is coming into play when hiring some young inexperienced leaders. It has been brought to my attention, by more than one facility administrator, that those currently holding clinic management positions only last about two years. There needs to an inservice on developing and maintaining professional relationships with the staff managed. I understand wanting employees to "like" you but there are too many issues with this and there are too many people being taken advantage of. The biggest con for most Davita employees are low wages and minimal annual raises.

I think Davita management does well and appreciate their willingness to promote current employees and hire those without experience. However, we get what we pay for and the current starting wage for unexperienced technicians is disgusting.

RN

Current Employee - Dialysis Nurse RN in Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - Dialysis Nurse RN in Rockford, IL

I have been working at DaVita full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Schedule is flexible, rewarding. Not for someone who is not self motivated

Cons

Raises do not reflect cost of living increases.

Warm body in management is not the answer. Do not care about the patients only the bottom dollar.