DaVita Reviews

Updated October 15, 2014
3.1

DaVita Chairman and CEO Kent J. Thiry
Kent J. Thiry

Pros
  • Training is awesome and the Core Values are truly alive within the company (in 39 reviews)

• There are limitless possibilities for training, work life balance and advancement (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance doesn't exist unless you don't seem "engaged" in your work (in 31 reviews)

• No 401K match and they seem to be proud of that (in 27 reviews)

More Highlights

10 years of employment

Current Employee - Ccht in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Ccht in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at DaVita full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Growth within the company is promising, overtime is always available, tuition assistance is exceptional and health benefits are a plus. My co-workers are amazing and very supportive of one another. Employees support Davita's mission, core values, and believe in going above and beyond as far as patient care is concerned.

Cons

It is very easy to lose control over your ability to balance work/home life with all of the overtime and other opportunities. Leadership is sometimes questionable…the company is hiring young leaders with little experience. I believe in giving people a chance but immaturity is coming into play when hiring some young inexperienced leaders. It has been brought to my attention, by more than one facility administrator, that those currently holding clinic management positions only last about two years. There needs to an inservice on developing and maintaining professional relationships with the staff managed. I understand wanting employees to "like" you but there are too many issues with this and there are too many people being taken advantage of. The biggest con for most Davita employees are low wages and minimal annual raises.

I think Davita management does well and appreciate their willingness to promote current employees and hire those without experience. However, we get what we pay for and the current starting wage for unexperienced technicians is disgusting.

I have been treated very well. Great company with great opportunity for growth.

Current Employee - Dialysis Registered Nurse in Elizabethtown, NC
    Current Employee - Dialysis Registered Nurse in Elizabethtown, NC

I have been working at DaVita full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity for advancement, Competitive salary with generous bonus program. Upper management is genuinely interested in and promotes a culture of caring in teammates.

Cons

Like all healthcare companies DaVita is forced to balance dwindling health care dollars with exceptional patient care and employee compensation.. Time management skills at the clinic level are a must,

Great company!

Current Employee - Facility Administrator
    Current Employee - Facility Administrator

I have been working at DaVita full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Davita had heart, it cares for you as a person, not just an employee. There are plenty of growth opportunities and upward mobility. They encourage you to get in the driver's seat and steer your career wherever you want it to go. I have worked for the company over 10 years, it's been challenging in rewarding way and fulfilling both personally and professionally! Extremely progressive, patient centered, quality care!

Cons

Like anywhere, nothing is perfect and people will be people. At times we tolerate poor performance way too long.

Too many meetings and conference calls can at times limit a managers ability to actually lead.

Awesome employer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at DaVita full-time (more than an year)

Pros

training, work life balance, office culture, benefits

Cons

sometimes needs of teammates are not explained properly to upper management

good have a fun

Current Employee - Data Modeler in Vernon Hills, IL
    Current Employee - Data Modeler in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at DaVita full-time (less than an year)

Pros

good have a fun, nice place to work. work life balance. slow growth

Cons

good have a fun, slow growth, same work to do

Great Culture

Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Berwyn, PA
    Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Berwyn, PA

I have been working at DaVita full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They believe in their Mission and Values. It truly makes a difference in the work place.

Cons

Benefits are not the best.

Amazing company and staff to work for!

Former Employee - Renal Dietitian in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Renal Dietitian in Columbus, GA

I worked at DaVita part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Staff were so friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and wonderful to work for. Salary was competitive and they offer a 401K plan. If someone did not know an answer, we found it out. We all built wonderful rapports with each other and worked as a team!

Cons

I did not experience any cons. I guess if I had one, it would be to not care for the patients but that is impossible! It was sad to see one of my patients sick, need surgery, or pass. My patients became part of my family!

Architect

I have been working at DaVita full-time

Pros

It's an OK company to work for

Cons

IT Managers need to work on creating balance between work and home life

Working for this place is like running a rat race.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DaVita full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Its a job at least you get a check every two weeks

Cons

Over worked, underpaid, high turn over rate, patients treated like a number. Staff shortage on a daily basis. Mission statement and core and values do not correlate with the company. So much to do and not given the time to complete tasks because they want you off the clock so you will not accumulate overtime. Unprofessional emails are sent to you on a daily basis. So many reports and calls to dail in to that patient care is almost none existent.

Brown nose or cut your losses!

Former Employee - Anonymous in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at DaVita full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic core values and dedicated non-management clinical teammates.

Cons

Insurance benefits are poor for a health provider. Poor upper-management. Upper management bases perceptions of people to hinder advancement verses results of performance metrics. If brown-nosing out of authenticity is your cup of tea then the sky is your limit with the corporate ladder.

Keep employees that actualy live out the core values and love their job. Verses your personal perception of an employee. People deserve second chances and better benefits.