DaVita

DaVita Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

DaVita Chairman and CEO Kent J. Thiry

Kent J. Thiry

Pros
  • Good core values if they were followed by leadership(in 30 reviews)

• Can be very understanding and supportive of work-life balance issues(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance doesn't exist unless you don't seem "engaged" in your work(in 29 reviews)

• No 401K match and they seem to be proud of that(in 24 reviews)

Current Home Program Manager

Home Program Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFor-profit mindset, Fast paced environment, great training grounds for new managers, opportunity to take on more than what's in the job description if one does well

ConsEveryone is looking to get a piece of their own, will milk the last drop of blood out of you if you let 'em but that's typical of corporate america, no 401 K matching, performance-based bonuses for top performer only, lower than expected salary for CA, corporate/strategy jobs limited to Denver, upward mobility for MBAs, little diversity of mgmt styles

Advice to Senior ManagementLack of diversity (in management style, background, approach, ethnicity and gender) will be the demise of DaVita if we don't adapt

CCHT

ProsAffordable good benefits for families, great bonuses and learning opportunities regularly.

ConsEarly morning start time and lllloooonnnnggg days. I love them and I dislike them. I enjoy working three days a week but sometimes the days are too long and I don't get much time with my kiddos.

CCHT to RN

Staff Nurse (RN), Renal Dialysis (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsGreat place to work for the tech in nursing school. Learn special skills and time management. Benefits are excellent, insurance is affordable, tuition reimbursement is great, CE programs provided in house for techs and nurses, CPR renewal provided in house for techs and nurses. Quarterly bonuses based on clinic performance disbursed twice a year. Many locations to work at in and around the city.

ConsLong days with back to back shifts. Not much time for family. High tech and nurse turnover. Heavy work load, uneven distribution of tasks. Those who perform well are often rewarded with more work. Leadership varies depending on your Facility Administrator and how long they remain at that clinic. FA positions heavily rotated and/or turnover is high. Policy and procedure should be standard, but performance /enforcement varies heavily from one clinic to another.

Advice to Senior ManagementFA leadership and employee confidence improves when leaders have strong clinical background. Management should talk with employees more to find out what is going on with them personally, may help prevent unnecessary turnover.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

DaVita is a really great place to work

ProsThe type of work you do matters

ConsThere is not a fair distribution of work.

Great company

Staff Nurse (RN), Renal Dialysis (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsNot as stressful as the hospital, majority of pts are stable.

ConsNot much growth especially if you are new nurse.

Family environment

Dialysis Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsI enjoy the working with the patients. However, business before care is common here, in which I disapprove.

ConsSome of the cons are, lack of initial nursing training. You get 5-6 weeks training as the technician and 2-3 days training as the nurse. What is required of the nurse you learn over a period of time, when you do not get it done, or when you make mistakes.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure newly hired nurses are aware of their responsibility before important task are missed or before mistakes or made.

An enjoyable place to work

Senior Accountant (Current Employee) Federal Way, WA

ProsHealthy work environment, where people actually work only eight hours a day. There is lots of room for advancement if you are willing to take on additional responsibilities and are patient. There is lots of growth and the company is very stable. Management is very transparent and there are many committees to create a fun working atmosphere and give community service if you like that kind of stuff.

ConsCompensation is fair, but not great. As a result, I feel the company has a hard time retaining talent. Other than that DaVita is a knock out the park.

Great experience

ProsThe culture, people, area where located, forward thinking, team oriented

ConsLong interview process but they were trying to make sure they hired the right person

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at interview process

Overall a good place to work, but depends largely on your manager.

Registered Dietitian (Current Employee) East Las Vegas, NV

ProsGet to make your own hours,

ConsManagement is hard to work with

Lack of consistent leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay
    End of year Bonus
    PTO
    Company lunches
    Health Savings Account

ConsManagement
    Travel
    Unrealistic expectations
    Lack of consistency with leadership positions
    Usually 1% raise each year

Worked for DaVita? Contribute to the Community!