DaVita Reviews

689 reviews filtered by

Great patients and staff

Current Employee - Assistant Facility Manager in South Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Assistant Facility Manager in South Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at DaVita full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great growth potential if you are willing to take on extra responsibilities. you get what you are willing to put into the company. Patients are wonderful!

Cons

Sometimes new initiatives come one after another and it can be hectic to implement them all effectively and in a timely manner. Plan to stay busy.

Decrease the number of conference calls that are required when new initiatives are rolled out. Sometimes I spend all day on the phone and have no time to get actual work completed.

2. Disappointed with manangment structure.

Former Employee - Patient Care Technician in Abington, PA
    Former Employee - Patient Care Technician in Abington, PA

I worked at DaVita full-time

Pros

Having a social worker as Facililty administrator work well for the patients who wanted make complaints

Cons

When it came down to the staff however,.it seemed as though there was a revolving door..The DaVita Village prides itself on teamwork. I don't see how that can happen when the FA is constantly having "coworkers" in the office asking what one an other are doing. Now come on, its petty, childish, and it doesn't inspire confidence in the workplace between the people you suppose to count on in a pinch. Especially when you have lives relying on you.

My advice is as follows. If you want a "Teamwork" atmosphere with the comradere that comes with it. Don't undermine it by having staff members sneak around,spying and tattlying like children. Trust me, everyone knows who it isanyway. That's why you're not retaining staff.

Ups and Downs

Current Employee - Renal Dietitian
    Current Employee - Renal Dietitian

I have been working at DaVita

Pros

- The hours are flexible (can come and go as needed, so long as you're working your hours and getting everything done)
    - I have a lot a autonomy in the job that you don't necessarily get at an RD elsewhere
    - Coworkers are great for the most part
    - Good opportunities to build relationships with patients
    - Company RD meetings provide most of your required CEUs for maintaining your registration, and drug reps provide the rest
    - Recent changes to quality improvement metrics reflect a more appropriate focus on patient care rather than lab metrics

Cons

- Tend to overload their staff in general. For example, when I started with the company, full time for RDs was considered 100 patients, and now it's 120
    - The company rolls out a ton of "initiatives" aimed at improving patient care without taking into account the extra time required to actually carry out these initiatives in a clinic
    - Bonuses have historically been based on patient outcomes, many of which you may not be able to directly influence despite best efforts

I think a lot of people at DaVita feel overworked and underappreciated. The fact that you expect staff to be enacting initiatives in the facility while at the same time patient workload is increasing demonstrates a lack of awareness and respect for how hard everyone is already working trying to improve outcomes.

Ok

I have been working at DaVita

Pros

1. Opportunities for learning and growth
    2. Management invested in your career development (if you show interest and accomplishment)

Cons

1. A lot of Kool-Aid
    2. Harder to fix inefficiencies
    3. Lower pay
    4. High turnover

Make sure you hire the right people in the door who actually want the challenges of the job

6. Always an adventure

Current Employee - Ccht in Baytown, TX
    Current Employee - Ccht in Baytown, TX

I have been working at DaVita part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Patients, giving life, sense of accomplishment. Training programs are great. Room for advancement.

Cons

Unrealistic goals at times. Some FA's don't follow through with correcting issues. Constant changes that sometimes make it very difficult to do your job in a timely manner

It would be nice to have a manager shadow a tech for a day and then try and meet certain budget items for open and close.

7. This company is great.

I have been working at DaVita

Pros

They value in treating all employees equally. Growth within the company is readily available as you want it.

Cons

The culture varies from clinic to clinic.

8. Great place to work...

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Deland, FL
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Deland, FL

I worked at DaVita full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

DaVita was a wonderful place to work. Good people, good leadership - although it has gotten a little worse the last few years. Maybe upper management/execs are loosing focus.

Cons

DaVita doesn't pay as well as they should.

Bring up your compensation plans and focus on your team.

9. It is a great experenice

Current Employee - Dialysis Technician in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Dialysis Technician in Memphis, TN

I have been working at DaVita

Pros

I enjoy my job working with patients learning different things about the machines

Cons

machine alarms, feeling that I am not getting enough salary.

going back school to further my education

10. Waste of money describes it best

Current Employee - Human Resources in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Denver, CO

I have been working at DaVita full-time

Pros

- employed at the home office in Denver have a feeling to be working in a public institution, where you don't have to do much and they give you alcohol to keep you happy!

Cons

- if you want a place to learn from supervisor and advance your your career, this is not a place to be!
    - haven't seem any diversity program in place, even though most of field employees are very diverse!
    - I don't recall anyone talking about succession planning at the home office
    - most of hiring and promotion happens based on relationships, which turn the environment into a really mediocre place to work
    - I witnessed a lot of mediocrity in the HR department, seeing good friends being promoted, not based on results

- discuss succession planning at all levels
    - promote based on results, not relationships
    - have a strong employee evaluation, promoting employees in the home office to go above and beyond
    - think more about your minority staff and have a plan to retain them, as well
    - identify future leaders and have a good development plan to turn them into leadership roles
    - review the role of your HR department and how people are being selected and hired
    - motivate VPs in the HR department to be approachable, like a leader should be

11. Great

I have been working at DaVita full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

No night shift with Sunday's off

Cons

Hardwork, Must be a acrobat