DaVita

Updated December 18, 2014
3.1

DaVita Chairman and CEO Kent J. Thiry
Kent J. Thiry

Pros
  • Training is awesome and the Core Values are truly alive within the company (in 40 reviews)

• There are limitless possibilities for training, work life balance and advancement (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance doesn't exist unless you don't seem "engaged" in your work (in 31 reviews)

• No 401k match, raises are limited but employees enjoy helping patients (in 29 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing company and staff to work for!

Former Employee - Renal Dietitian in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Renal Dietitian in Columbus, GA

I worked at DaVita part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Staff were so friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and wonderful to work for. Salary was competitive and they offer a 401K plan. If someone did not know an answer, we found it out. We all built wonderful rapports with each other and worked as a team!

Cons

I did not experience any cons. I guess if I had one, it would be to not care for the patients but that is impossible! It was sad to see one of my patients sick, need surgery, or pass. My patients became part of my family!

Great Culture

Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Berwyn, PA
    Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Berwyn, PA

I have been working at DaVita full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They believe in their Mission and Values. It truly makes a difference in the work place.

Cons

Benefits are not the best.

Not worth the headache

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at DaVita (more than 5 years)

Pros

At this point, the ONLY pro is a paycheck every two weeks but you MUST check it to make sure there are no erroneous deductions!

Cons

Overwork, understaffed, uncaring management. Seems like Davita is only hiring "warm bodies" to fill positions. The management is clueless to the clinic needs (staffing for SAFE patient care.) They are all about getting teammates off the clock. They keep adding patients and sending teammates home. The FA REFUSES to help on the floor. She hardly even shows her face to the patients. She would rather hide in the offices and avoid any patient or teammate issue. She is not engaged in anything but trying to make herself look good and the rest of the team is thrown under the bus. The patients are allowed to come to treatments IF or WHEN they want to. They are allowed to eat/drink while treating. They weigh themselves in and out and are not honest about weight. They are allowed to take things off the walls or out of the lobby with no repercussions. Why even get them to sign facility rules and consents?? Seems like it gives them consent to do whatever with no accountability. Teammates discuss patient issues (personal and dialysis-related) openly and loudly on the treatment floor. No professionalism at all. The techs are loud and obnoxious with no respect for others. The "phone conferences" and meetings are ridiculous. How is anyone supposed to get stuff done being on this call or that call. When you get on these, nothing is solved. Mostly it's just mindless banter with no suggestions on how to fix the problem. Hours are being cut and useless phone calls are getting longer and wasting what time you are allowed to work. Davita wastes more money on partying than anyplace I've ever heard of. The yearly nationwide is the biggest waste if all. The upper management (everyone from FA up) goes to a meeting (the air fair alone could cut the national deficit in half) for three days if drinking, bands, eating and useless stage production all to "brainwash" these people into thinking Davita is the greatest blah blah blah. Nothing comes from this other than the CEO gets to wear fancy expensive costumes and fulfill his childhood fantasies of being one of the three musketeers.

Stop the brainwashing, stop the theatrics, LISTEN to the longtime teammates, get out there and HELP your team!!!! Hire knowledgeable, personable teammates and screen them better. A warm body is not a good thing!!!!!!!!

Architect

I have been working at DaVita full-time

Pros

It's an OK company to work for

Cons

IT Managers need to work on creating balance between work and home life

Working for this place is like running a rat race.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DaVita full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Its a job at least you get a check every two weeks

Cons

Over worked, underpaid, high turn over rate, patients treated like a number. Staff shortage on a daily basis. Mission statement and core and values do not correlate with the company. So much to do and not given the time to complete tasks because they want you off the clock so you will not accumulate overtime. Unprofessional emails are sent to you on a daily basis. So many reports and calls to dail in to that patient care is almost none existent.

Icky

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at DaVita full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Money: take it while you can get it. What else is there, ultimately, to a job?

Cons

The sole reason for this company to exist is to find creative ways to violate the laws prohibiting physicians from referring patients to dialysis providers. Amazing nobody has gone to prison. Yet.

Keep doing what you're doing, it seems to work for you.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Malvern, PA

I have been working at DaVita full-time (more than an year)

Pros

DaVita has a great working environment.

Cons

The compensation is below industry standards.

I'd cross the bridge but have to find a life boat and bail out!

Former Employee - Tech in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Tech in El Segundo, CA

I worked at DaVita full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I can't think of any, really!

Cons

Benefit sucks - No 401K matching, and huge co-pay for healthcare. It is ironic for a healthcare partners company
    Technology - Very out dated programming language and database platform. The software\database architect and coding is a joke that you don't want to put it down in your resume.
    Management - Middle mgmt abused their power and\or favoritism. At least one of the manager is accused and fire of sexual harassment.

Hire qualified person for the job, and look after your employees. Your core value and work-life balance is not just a slogan.

CCHT

Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Plano, TX

I have been working at DaVita full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great experience and you're able to transfer where you want, also there is room for growth and development.

Cons

The hours are challenging especially when you have a family, Also not very giving amongst the pay.

Brown nose or cut your losses!

Former Employee - Anonymous in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at DaVita full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic core values and dedicated non-management clinical teammates.

Cons

Insurance benefits are poor for a health provider. Poor upper-management. Upper management bases perceptions of people to hinder advancement verses results of performance metrics. If brown-nosing out of authenticity is your cup of tea then the sky is your limit with the corporate ladder.

Keep employees that actualy live out the core values and love their job. Verses your personal perception of an employee. People deserve second chances and better benefits.