Dachis Group
www.dachisgroup.com Austin, TX 150 to 499 Employees

Dachis Group Reviews

Updated Mar 31, 2014
Dachis Group – New York – “The team at work”

Dachis Group Founder & CEO Jeffrey Dachis

Jeffrey Dachis

It could have been so good...

Account Manager (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsLoved morning stand-up- kept everyone in the loop about our colleagues projects

ConsVery little support from upper management- one supervisor was a bully and a tyrant and her behavior was left unchecked.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your staff

It starts at the top

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWell funded early on, then squandered funds.

ConsDriven by desire for money; senior management was fragmented and inconsistent in planning and execution, until nearly everyone left. Exciting early vision, but could not execute on plans. The model of strapping together many small companies failed, as there were diverse cultures and objectives and no clear executional plan to synthesize into one firm.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower employees to do their best work

Marketing Coordinator

Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGood clients, great experience- was able to perform a lot of different tasks. The company used to be called Drillteam and has since been acquired by Dachis Group.

ConsBecause the company was so small, there was a lot of work for just a few people. The company has since expanded, I worked there when it was Drillteam

Advice to Senior Managementnone

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The CEO has lead this org to demise

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSmart people below exec level

ConsDictatorial leadership, lack of vision, Jeff Dachis, personal agendas, company is out of money and investors pulled funding.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut your money where your mouth is and invest in the business financially. Listen to the very smart people you hired. You do not have all the answers. Leave your ego at the door. Stop funding personal expenses through the company.

Complete lack of transparency. Tons of false promises made, felt as though I had no voice.

Senior Web Developer (Former Employee)
    Portland, OR

Pros* Well paid.
    * There is nothing else to add.

Cons* Mis-managed
    * Lack of transparency
    * Didn't have a voice.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. They are in the trenches and understand what is needed.

So much squandered potential!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people that I worked with here were some of the brightest and most innovative I've ever had the pleasure of calling colleagues. The work was interesting and we were breaking new ground.

ConsThe company as a whole was uncertain in it's own direction & growth strategy. Business decisions seemed uninformed. After buying up a company and combining 2 into one large office after spending who knows how much money, they laid off 3/4 of the staff and were left with an empty building. The staff they chose to lay off was interesting considering the work that was on the table.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more time when making decisions and spend less money on trips to Vegas for employees to drink the Kool-Aid and more time on making sure that the business is solid and will continue to grow at a pace that protects your financial investment and your employees.

A company with a rudderless ship.

(Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsMany smart people all working very hard, sexy offices, global presence. It is a fun, fast paced environment. The company has the look of success.

ConsMassive cash burn rate, lack of coherent strategy, very few paying customers, most current customers unhappy. The company has a lack of a direction and leadership needed to steer the company to success . The President, the COO, and the SVP Global sales all departed with in the last 60 days. The current customer base is mostly unhappy and not renewing.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a strategy and stick to it. Hire an executive and retain that executive. Actually admit what is not working at the company and then work to optimize. Get rid of the politics.

Good ideas, poor execution

Austin, TX

ProsThere are a fair number of interesting and challenging problems to be solved at DG. There are some bright people with good ideas.

ConsTechnical leadership and management is lacking. The years of not investing in itself (both product hardening and stengthening its product team) and inability to execute efficiently have come back to hurt the company

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees before it's too late - actually listen. Stop reacting and be pro-active when it comes to the product and the product team's concerns. Deferring a small issue today until it's a major issue in a month is a horrible, horrible way to work.

Growing Up Dachis

ProsIncredibly SMART people with equally incredible personalities. Each day you learn something new and have every opportunity to propel your career forward.The organization is in constant forward motion.Tremendous upside for those who are able and willing to grow with the organization.

ConsThere has been a lot of change as we have evolved to where we are today. With change comes pain.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to share information with us, both good and bad, and allow us to participate in the process to move the organization forward.

Challenging, exciting, and rewarding

(Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsGreat team to work with. My coworkers are some of the smartest people I've ever worked with and truly love what they do.

Company culture in Austin is top-notch with plenty of perks, including free meals on various days of the week, a well-stocked kitchen, wine Fridays, cell phone and gym reimbursements, etc. They even sent the entire company to Vegas to meet and collaborate with employees from other offices--not once but twice!

As part of the development organization we are constantly working with cutting edge technologies. Both the company and organization are free of any ridiculous bureaucracy that often hinders the evolution of a software product.

Overall senior leadership is doing a great job. They have an aligned vision and continue to move the company forward with some great product releases.

ConsThe workload is often intense, especially when preparing to launch a new product or feature, but in reality this is no different than any other company I've worked for. Be prepared to work some late nights and weekends to meet deadlines. On the plus side you won't feel like you're carrying the burden by yourself--team members are top notch and will be right along side you pulling their weight.

As the company matures and expands, processes are beginning to evolve and improve from a start-up level of chaos to more structure and discipline. This is a very welcome change and has allowed us to focus on real problems rather than being overwhelmed by the workload.

Worked for Dachis Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dachis Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dachis Group CEO Jeffrey Dachis. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by Dachis Group employees.