Dachis Group Reviews

Updated March 31, 2014

2.6

Dachis Group Founder & CEO Jeffrey Dachis
Jeffrey Dachis

It could have been so good...

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Dachis Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Loved morning stand-up- kept everyone in the loop about our colleagues projects

Cons

Very little support from upper management- one supervisor was a bully and a tyrant and her behavior was left unchecked.

Support your staff

It starts at the top

I worked at Dachis Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Well funded early on, then squandered funds.

Cons

Driven by desire for money; senior management was fragmented and inconsistent in planning and execution, until nearly everyone left. Exciting early vision, but could not execute on plans. The model of strapping together many small companies failed, as there were diverse cultures and objectives and no clear executional plan to synthesize into one firm.

Empower employees to do their best work

So much squandered potential!

I worked at Dachis Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people that I worked with here were some of the brightest and most innovative I've ever had the pleasure of calling colleagues. The work was interesting and we were breaking new ground.

Cons

The company as a whole was uncertain in it's own direction & growth strategy. Business decisions seemed uninformed. After buying up a company and combining 2 into one large office after spending who knows how much money, they laid off 3/4 of the staff and were left with an empty building. The staff they chose to lay off was interesting considering the work that was on the table.

Take more time when making decisions and spend less money on trips to Vegas for employees to drink the Kool-Aid and more time on making sure that the business is solid and will continue to grow at a pace that protects your financial investment and your employees.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Marketing Coordinator

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at Dachis Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good clients, great experience- was able to perform a lot of different tasks. The company used to be called Drillteam and has since been acquired by Dachis Group.

Cons

Because the company was so small, there was a lot of work for just a few people. The company has since expanded, I worked there when it was Drillteam

none

The CEO has lead this org to demise

I worked at Dachis Group full-time

Pros

Smart people below exec level

Cons

Dictatorial leadership, lack of vision, Jeff Dachis, personal agendas, company is out of money and investors pulled funding.

Put your money where your mouth is and invest in the business financially. Listen to the very smart people you hired. You do not have all the answers. Leave your ego at the door. Stop funding personal expenses through the company.

Complete lack of transparency. Tons of false promises made, felt as though I had no voice.

Former Employee - Senior Web Developer  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Senior Web Developer in Portland, OR

I worked at Dachis Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Well paid.
    * There is nothing else to add.

Cons

* Mis-managed
    * Lack of transparency
    * Didn't have a voice.

Listen to your employees. They are in the trenches and understand what is needed.

A company with a rudderless ship.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Dachis Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Many smart people all working very hard, sexy offices, global presence. It is a fun, fast paced environment. The company has the look of success.

Cons

Massive cash burn rate, lack of coherent strategy, very few paying customers, most current customers unhappy. The company has a lack of a direction and leadership needed to steer the company to success . The President, the COO, and the SVP Global sales all departed with in the last 60 days. The current customer base is mostly unhappy and not renewing.

Create a strategy and stick to it. Hire an executive and retain that executive. Actually admit what is not working at the company and then work to optimize. Get rid of the politics.

Good ideas, poor execution

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Dachis Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are a fair number of interesting and challenging problems to be solved at DG. There are some bright people with good ideas.

Cons

Technical leadership and management is lacking. The years of not investing in itself (both product hardening and stengthening its product team) and inability to execute efficiently have come back to hurt the company

Listen to your employees before it's too late - actually listen. Stop reacting and be pro-active when it comes to the product and the product team's concerns. Deferring a small issue today until it's a major issue in a month is a horrible, horrible way to work.

Growing Up Dachis

I have been working at Dachis Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Incredibly SMART people with equally incredible personalities. Each day you learn something new and have every opportunity to propel your career forward.The organization is in constant forward motion.Tremendous upside for those who are able and willing to grow with the organization.

Cons

There has been a lot of change as we have evolved to where we are today. With change comes pain.

Continue to share information with us, both good and bad, and allow us to participate in the process to move the organization forward.

Challenging, exciting, and rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Dachis Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team to work with. My coworkers are some of the smartest people I've ever worked with and truly love what they do.

Company culture in Austin is top-notch with plenty of perks, including free meals on various days of the week, a well-stocked kitchen, wine Fridays, cell phone and gym reimbursements, etc. They even sent the entire company to Vegas to meet and collaborate with employees from other offices--not once but twice!

As part of the development organization we are constantly working with cutting edge technologies. Both the company and organization are free of any ridiculous bureaucracy that often hinders the evolution of a software product.

Overall senior leadership is doing a great job. They have an aligned vision and continue to move the company forward with some great product releases.

Cons

The workload is often intense, especially when preparing to launch a new product or feature, but in reality this is no different than any other company I've worked for. Be prepared to work some late nights and weekends to meet deadlines. On the plus side you won't feel like you're carrying the burden by yourself--team members are top notch and will be right along side you pulling their weight.

As the company matures and expands, processes are beginning to evolve and improve from a start-up level of chaos to more structure and discipline. This is a very welcome change and has allowed us to focus on real problems rather than being overwhelmed by the workload.

Worked for Dachis Group? Contribute to the Community!