Daimlerchrysler Reviews

15 reviews filtered by
3.6
T P Dykstra
1 Rating

1. Above average reviews before our division was sold to BHER Corporation.

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Detroit, MI

I worked at Daimlerchrysler full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I like working for Chrysler but when Daimler came in to the picture it became a different Company to work for . Different objective from Daimler to what we know.

Cons

Downside of working at Daimler Chrysler was that upper management behavior changed because of job security. This change in behavior form the upper management effected people's behavior in the company.

Advice to Management

Don't let your company join forces with another company that will have a different objective from your company.

2. New Manager for the Experis Team for Chrysler Mopar bullies team members around

Former Employee - Purchasing in Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Purchasing in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at Daimlerchrysler

Pros

Nothing good to say about this new manager. Very unprofessional, micro manager, very controlling and watch dog.

Cons

New Manager is very unpleasant to work with. You can be having a great day until he stops by. Has a learning blindness, cannot apply knowledge gained from experience except how to be more devious, manipulative, and how to better evade accountability

Advice to Management

If you must have a manager, get one that have leadership training and knows how to treat employees by bringing the best out of others.

3. It is a good company to work for;

Current Employee - Manager in Plant, AR
    Current Employee - Manager in Plant, AR

I have been working at Daimlerchrysler full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good experience with more involvement; ability to grow up and be involved; and now it is worldwide company has more advantage;

Cons

The company went into bankruptcy 2 times in the last 30 years; So it is still vulnerable to economic turbulences and very open to be bought off by bigger companies;

Advice to Management

Do not reinvent the wheel into the new product;

5. Contributed to the success of the company

Former Employee - Plant Engineer in Sterling Heights, MI
    Former Employee - Plant Engineer in Sterling Heights, MI

I worked at Daimlerchrysler full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pro active, enterprising group of people, flexible, quick to embrace change, good salaries. Chrysler can adopt to the market very quickly, they bring out products that are unique and people want to buy them. Canadian plants are the cleanest and most safe

Cons

Long hours, Highly stressful Jobs in an assembly plant. Safety may be an issue in the US plants. Felt a bit of antagonism between Management and Union in the Detroit area.

Advice to Management

Need to reduce the burden on employees, need to distribute work evenly. A person should be given work that the they can handle safely. Need to improve Union - Management relationships, especially in the Detroit Area

6. Csr

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Daimlerchrysler full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I liked the team atmosphere

Cons

Expectations sometimes were impossible. For instance, they wanted every person to work every other Saturday and Sunday. It was impossible for me and they gave no exceptions.

Advice to Management

Be realistic

7. IT jobs have become insufferable

Former Employee - IT in Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Employee - IT in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at Daimlerchrysler full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The money is pretty good. Otherwise, not much any more.

Cons

IT outsourcing is a disaster here and you can't say anything about it. They got rid of all of the knowledge then gave the jobs to newbies that don't even want to learn the old applications. Management consistently says that you have to manage the customer expectation rather than expect better performance from the outsourcer. And you get to work 60 hours a week to prove it.

Advice to Management

Wake up and smell the coffee. Cheap workers that don't provide value or take two to three times as long to do anything isn't saving you money.

8. Working to be a great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at Daimlerchrysler

Pros

I was really sad to see Daimler separate from Chrysler, the company had just started to to really become a great place to work, I can only speak from the DaimlerChrysler Financial side. The company was starting to work on putting people first and treating others with respect. One thing the company did well was we worked hard and celebrated major accomplishments.

Cons

Promotional process was not transparent.

Advice to Management

I think Daimler was premature in selling Chrysler. The German stock holders lost in the end.

9. Great Company...Great Experience...Management not so great!

Former Employee - District Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - District Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Daimlerchrysler

Pros

I was employed there for quite some time there. Perks and benefits were all great! I enjoy working there. Everyone with the exception of upper management is fun to work with and I learned a lot from my role there.

Cons

Management is not the bestest in the industry...I wish they would actually hire people that were more competent and capable of running the company up in the food chain.

Advice to Management

Seems like things are getting better with fiat. There is still some micromanagement but lots of improvement since fiat took over.

10. First Ten Years Great - Last Ten Years, Not So Great

Former Employee - Project Manager in Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at Daimlerchrysler

Pros

This is a good (not great) company to start your career with. You can start in engineering but move to sales marketing quite easily.

Cons

The downside of working here is that increases in salaries are limited as is receiving a bonus based on a recent bankruptcy. Additionally the benefit package is not as good as it was five years ago.

Advice to Management

One of the best pieces of advise that I can give in order to advance yourself at this company is to find a mentor for guidance.

11. great place to learn

Former Employee - Product Engineering Manager in Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Product Engineering Manager in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at Daimlerchrysler

Pros

management allows employees to expand their circle of responsibilities without restrictions
    good place for work/life balance
    easy to change departments and get versatile experience

Cons

exposure only to automotive challenges. Industry is cyclical and has its ups and downs based upon the economy.

Advice to Management

enforce mentorship and learning partner/buddy all accross the company that will distribute the gained experience to the new employees and save them from reinventing the wheel.