Daktronics Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

1. Sales

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Daktronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great employees and work/life balance; great learning experience; work with very tech savvy engineers and techs

Cons

not much room for growth in the sales division; lack of upper management direction; upper management only concerned about top sectors where money is driven; not much social interaction with employees as a remote employee

Advice to Management

listen more to your lower level sales people as they are the ones driving sales and business

2. Electrical Design

Current Employee - Electrical Design in Brookings, SD
    Current Employee - Electrical Design in Brookings, SD

Pros

Great people, culture, and values. Exciting seeing product all of the world and on TV that was manufactured in Bookings, SD.

Cons

The work can sometimes be very repetitive and the salary could be a bit higher.

3. Great company to work for. Won't get rich doing so

Pros

Great group of people to work with. Fun and exciting product to represent. Very lean company who is always pushing the limits of what can be done with LED displays

Cons

Company offers below average pay at best. There tends to be little room for growth. Not always open to new ways of going about daily responsibilities

5. Great student experience

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Daktronics part-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a student employee I was able to gain a vast amount of knowledge in my field of study. This experience taught me many things I would not have been able to learn in a classroom. I was treated with the respect and responsibility of a full-time employee. I felt like a valued member of the team and knew I was able to actually make a difference. They were very flexible with my schedule as a full-time student and were able to accommodate last minute changes when exams or large homework loads popped up. Pay was respectable and increased with good grades, which helped incentivize strong academic performance.

Cons

Have known other students in different departments of the company who didn't seem to have as much responsibility or trust from their management teams. Not sure if that was a reflection on them or the teams, but there is a strong division of teams often within the same field.

Advice to Management

The student positions are great ways to gain valuable experience while going to school, and are very beneficial to the students who are lucky enough to take advantage of them.

Minimum Pay, Minimum Return

Pros

Good local community supporter, convenient.

Cons

Absolutely outrageously low paying. Human Resource department does whatever they want, whenever they want. Very gossipy office culture, numerous adulterous in-office relationships. Low grade benefits package. Definitely a last resort employer.

Advice to Management

Rebuild your entire HR and personnel department.

7. Strong Company and growing

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Daktronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are very great to work with. Very encouraging. Management is open and willing to talk with anyone in the organization. Strong benefits plan.

Cons

Base salaries could be ramped up a little faster. There are bonuses given to sales people but not on a specific structure.

Advice to Management

Work on creating a firm bonus structure for sales and project management.

8. A positive company

Pros

A great community Flexible hours Monetary incentives for students to get good grades Up-to-date technology

Cons

Cubicle farm, some parts can be quite a maze The company blocks sites like Pandora.com. Either listen to terrible radio or buy eight hours worth of music for your ipod.

9. Working at Daktronics was a great experience!

Former Employee - Buyer/Planner in Brookings, SD
    Former Employee - Buyer/Planner in Brookings, SD

I worked at Daktronics part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Fellow employees were helpful and friendly -Relevant projects that impacted multiple business units -Course increment pay is fantastic

Cons

-Work at times can vary due to season

10. One of the worst employment experiences ever!

Former Employee - General Assembly in Redwood Falls, MN
    Former Employee - General Assembly in Redwood Falls, MN

I worked at Daktronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Startup of the Redwood Falls facility was wonderful.

Cons

This all soon changed when micromanagement set in. There was much favoritism and employee abuse going on. This facility has the worst planning and scheduling I have seen in all of my working years. Work hours/days changed several times a day/week and with no notice to the employees who were to follow these schedules. In the few years they have been in Redwood Falls, MN they have made a very bad reputation for themselves. I would not recommend this employer to anyone who enjoys their basic human rights, safety, or wants a position with the potential for advancement. Higher management has no clue how lower management is treating employees and needs to wake up to what is really going on.

Advice to Management

Look at how the leads are treating people. They are not nice or even cordial many times. When an employee asks a question it is not okay to scream at them until they leave crying. This happened far too often when I was there. People in management positions (leads) should know how to do the jobs in the area before they tell others the "best" way to preform the job.

11. Project Coordinator Student

Former Employee - Student Project Coordinator in Brookings, SD
    Former Employee - Student Project Coordinator in Brookings, SD

I worked at Daktronics part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great way to get a background on how things operate in the background when a project comes down the pipeline.

Cons

Can be hard to really get into the job, work can be tedious data entry.

Advice to Management

Compensate those who have invested significant quantities of their time and career towards the company better. Most people appreciate the work environment, however good talent is lost to those who can reward their employees better.

RSS Feed </> Embed