Dale and Thomas Popcorn

Warren Struhl

1. Made me the person that I am today

Former Employee - Sanitation Supervisor in Englewood, NJ
    Former Employee - Sanitation Supervisor in Englewood, NJ

I worked at Dale and Thomas Popcorn full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Keep on learning something new

Cons

No cons they let you learn and they help you future your career

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

2. Wish it was still in the city

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Dale and Thomas Popcorn

Pros

For first timers, it's a great place to gain retail experiance. Can be extremely busy at times but over all it was a very layed back environment.

Cons

starting rate was 8.25, if you're commuting for a great distance it might be a good job to take, if you're given & can tolerate a great amount of hours, then you're ok

Advice to Management

It's a simple monekys job, don't try to make it more complicated then it should be. Keep it simple, It's just popcorn.

3. An Organization in Turmoil

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, NJ

I worked at Dale and Thomas Popcorn

Pros

At its start, Dale and Thomas Popcorn was run under progressive management policies with the goal of making it one of the best places to work in the state. With the original management team gone, much of the policies and progressive culture remain.

Cons

The founding management team at Dale and Thomas is long gone, and the company is being run no longer on principles creating an outstanding experience but rather with the goal of achieving profitability at all costs. Departments are understaffed and morale is low.

Advice to Management

Especially when morale is low, regular and open communication is key. If an employee is doing an outstanding job, tell them. Positive feedback is essential.

5. Not bad for a temp.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Englewood, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Englewood, NJ

I worked at Dale and Thomas Popcorn

Pros

They try to keep things interesting by having so many different contests and games during the busy season. They also really appreciate good work and give out prizes when a customer compliments you, or if they feel you did something worth praise.

Cons

No upward mobility for a customer service rep.

Advice to Management

For the "world class" customer service you seek, you need to award employees with a better wage.

6. Dale and Thomas; A great place to start your career

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Dale and Thomas Popcorn

Pros

Great atmosphere and a fun work environment. Opportunities for advancement are very good especially if you are a motivated and driven individual. I have been with the company for two years and when i first started I was only a Shift Supervisor. I was quickly promoted to assistant store manager and then soon after that i was promoted to General store manager. This is just an example how how hard work and dedication pays off. It's nice that I work for a company that promotes from within. I hope to continue to work for them and hopefully i will soon be promoted or moved up some how.

Cons

Probably the pay and the lack of recognition for certain employees.

Advice to Management

To be fair and treat every employee equally