Dallas County

Dallas County Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

dead end career for aspiration

Jso2 (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosnone for me to relay

Conseverything is poory managed by outdated adminsitration

Advice to Senior Managementcompetence

Very frustrating.

Clerk II (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsI only work weekdays and get major holidays off. Also I get to help people with problems they do not deal with on a daily basis.

ConsYou are expected to be an expert in your field, yet there is virtually no training. No one expects the public to appreciate you, but your bosses don't show any appreciation either. I guess they have the attitude that you should be glad to have a job at all. I guess that is why some many people leave within two years.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow your employees that you appreciate all their hard work. You cannot run a government without people. The average county employee does not make a lot of money, yet we come to work everyday ready to give 110%. At least pretend to care.

Generally great place to work

Support Staff (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat benefits, especially for retirement; little turnover; a lot of opportunities to move up within the court system if you are a prosecutor; flexible schedules for some support staff; friendly staff; supportive managers.

ConsNot much room for advancement for support staff; very busy building - crowded elevators and parking lots especially on Mondays; metal detectors; political atmosphere during election years; lots of competition to get a job here; some cases are sad to hear about especially child abuse cases.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to keep political views out of decision-making; offer training opportunities for support staff to expand their knowledge about the criminal process.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dallas County is a good place to work

Probation Officer (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe job is interesting, I am proud to represent Dallas County, communication is very good (lots of Broadcast e-mails about EVERYTHING).

ConsThe pay is average, opportunities for promotion are slim.

my experiences are average

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosconvenient for public transportation. near restaurants

Conssalary freeze for the last 4 years

Its a job.

Probation Officer (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe benefits are pretty good, easy way to get into the county and move around to other departments. salary is ok too.

ConsOur pay is mandated by the county commissioners and the county voters. Often times the voters dont realize that what they vote on affects the employees as much as it really does.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to the employees concerns. Keeping morale up will keep your workers working hard and productivity up. Listen, then direct.

stressful

Clerk (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosco workers, work days, vacation time,

Consreally no chance for advancement

Advice to Senior Managementdo for others

When you're here you're on our time..... make sure you know your place!

County Clerk (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe benefits are great! PTO is pretty good when you're allowed to use it. Great learning experience if you're interested in Criminal Justice or if you're trying to figure out a career path.

ConsYou aren't allowed to be sick, have kids, or have a life outside this place. You're captive and property of Dallas County. I am much youger than most of the people I work work with and have noticed that people are bitter and jealous! There are a lot of underhanded things that go on. The County is mostly about a dollar, or atleast how to keep it in their pockets and pay the big wigs. EX. commisioners.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people who work for you, take their suggestions into consideration. Most of the people there hae some pretty good ideas.

The most toxic place I have ever worked

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome really great people who have been there a long time, experienced and made some great lasting friendships.

ConsTotal lack of leadership from sheriff on down.. Racial tension and favoritism toward Hispanics and blacks and bias and unfair treatment toward whites.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop listening to the wrong people and do a written anonymous survey if necessary to get to the heart of the real issues and what is causing the major low morale problems. I'd u keep listening to the "yes" people they will only continue to tell you what you want to hear ...not the truth. You are the Captain of the Titanic and would rather pretend the ship is not sinking.

Ok

Clerk (Current Employee)

ProsVery involved with Community sevices

ConsFew oppurtunities for advancement without a degree

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more of an open door policy

Worked for Dallas County? Contribute to the Community!