Dallas Independent School District

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dallas Independent School District Superintendent Mike Miles

Mike Miles

Pros
  • i really like working with students(in 3 reviews)

• The vacation time and paid time off is good but not any better than any other district in Dallas, Texas(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Little support for teachers when it comes to discipline issues(in 3 reviews)

• Feels like central office has no idea of what really happens in the classroom(in 4 reviews)

65 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Not the school district you want to work in

Teacher (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe pay is decent for being a teacher.

ConsPoor feedback, mismanagement at every level. Kids are pretty difficult

Challenging and Rewarding

Teacher (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsRewarding if you have a heart for helping kids.

Consstruggling administration across the district

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep kids in mind first!

I could not believe this place! Run don't even think about applying....oh wait they already filled the position...smh

Data Controller (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe time off helps to tip the scale just a little.

ConsThey don't update the opening like a professional organization should. You don't know your salary until AFTER you have accepted the position. The benefits are so expensive you would be better off paying out of pocket. The salary & how they conduct promotions are unbelievable. This district is too big to be handled like a corner store.

Advice to Senior ManagementFresh faces, fresh ideas that benefit all not just Mike Miles!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Workers Compensation Specialist

Specialist (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsManagement is very detail and really into each employee bettering themselves. You have the opportunity to grow and transfer to other departments within the district. I like the fact that beyond the drama you see on the TV, many employee really love what they do and desire to bring their best to work everyday!

ConsIn any job you have the good and bad. I really don't have any..

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to develop and train employees.

a time to exit

Teacher (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsSummers off and great teachers to work with.

ConsMicromanaging Principals and Executive Directors, LOs and DOLs.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeachers respond much better to support and encouragement rather than a barrage of negative feedback.

I enjoyed my first 23 years, however, when Mike Miles came, things got much worst.

Principal (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsI liked working with the teachers and students.

ConsToo much paper work from central office

Advice to Senior ManagementMake changes a little at a time.

Project Manager

Custodian (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsWonderful People to work for

ConsLarge school district difficult to get paper work completed

Advice to Senior ManagementClear communication works wonders

Don't apply here.

Elementary Teacher (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsYou will learn how a school district shouldn't be managed. You will learn what bad pedagogy looks like and experience bogus methodologies.

ConsIt's an education version of FoxConn! The current management is destroying everything that worked in the past and running off experienced teachers. Do not apply here. Find a district that isn't focused on high-stakes testing.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease leave town.

Overwhelming

Bilingual (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThey have a great bilingual program. Summer vacations and breaks are very good. Many good teachers.

ConsThere is too much pressure on teachers. You have to work 10-12 hours a day, with one small break. Too many programs going on at the same time and not enough time. Really tight supervision, and expectations to follow everything by the book, with no flexibility whatsoever.
    Everybody is new, many teachers and principals with little or no experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of the teachers, not only the students. They are leaving in flocks.

Be prepared for a lot before you jump in with the district

Teacher (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsA lot of support at the new campus I began working at as a first year teacher.
    Pay is very good for a recent college graduate.
    Great staff at my specific campus.

ConsPossibly too much teacher training (bi-weekly) after school days.
    The district tests out too many unproven methods that just add to the already stressful environment.
    Most of the young teachers are only there to pad the resume, the older ones are just finding somewhere to start.
    Very long hours (60 a week on average)
    All about the state tests, not so much about actually enjoying school.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed a new superintendent who actually wants kids to learn and become successful individuals.

Worked for Dallas Independent School District? Contribute to the Community!