Dallas Metrocare Services

Updated December 13, 2014
Updated December 13, 2014
2.4

Linda Thompson

Great company to work for to server community

Current Employee - Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas Metrocare Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of work, no boredom.
    Well developed corporation with diversified departments to handle various aspects of company needs.

Cons

High turn over of providers.
    Too many patients leading to a high risk environment.
    lack of flexibility in schedules
    emphasis on quantity not quality.
    Lack of organized bonus structure
    Improperly organized/disorganized patient process flow for efficiency

You need to reorganized your patient flow process. possibly provide inter clinic transportation to move patients from high capacity clinics to low capacity clinics to meet SLA's.

Problems with Leadership

Current Employee - Former QMHP in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Former QMHP in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas Metrocare Services

Pros

Plenty of clients, and work to be done, very diverse clientele as well as staff, lots of room for growth

Cons

Poor leadership, lack of support from leadership to lower members of staff, poor training of QMHP, poorly executed communication, lack of balance between work and family life, clients treated like a number because the company has become too big, Medicaid fraud when I was there

Spend time with QMHPs in the clinics, find the souece of Medcaid fraud and handle appropriately, train employees better, create a better balance of work and family

Horrible. They work you crazy. They dont know how to treat worker Its always bench bench mark or you are out of there.

Current Employee - QMHP in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - QMHP in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas Metrocare Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There is not any. If you like working with mentally ill clients this is the job for you.

Cons

You have a metrics to meet. No organization. Very low low pay. They run you like a dog. Lots of audits, overwork you for low pay. high case load. Run your car down to nothing. Job very stressful. Always about the dollar.

Up the pay and treat your employees with respect. Get rid of metrics. Provide a phone so we dont have to use our personal ones. Provide alternate transportation. Up mileage pay. Just change and stop being greedy.

QMHP

Former Employee - QMHP in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dallas Metrocare Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Somewhat flexible schedule, get to be out of an office.

Cons

Low pay, office conditions are dismal and dirty, management has inconsistent standards and training is poor.

Up the pay, upgrade the documentation process, update the buildings.

It was ok but they treat everyone very badly I would not reccomend this company to anyone

Former Employee - Technical Support in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dallas Metrocare Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits and Vacation and knowing you have helped the Client that needed your help

Cons

No Communication with Upper Management if there are any changes they do not tell you about them and they don,t want to let you off for vacation or any time off

Better Understanding and Listen to Employees and get rid of the At Will Policy

Helping those most in need.

I worked at Dallas Metrocare Services

Pros

Very good if you really want to help the less fortunate.

Cons

Has the limitations that any job has in a system where there isn't much money.

very high volume of calls a lot of memorization

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas Metrocare Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

the volume of callas are split up by each representative

Cons

Not a lot of availability to take time off

Great if you are not all about the money.

Current Employee - Behavior Intervention
    Current Employee - Behavior Intervention

I have been working at Dallas Metrocare Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Caring and genuine managing staff. They are always willing to help you and teach you new skills. The benefits are great and the company's values are in the right place.

Cons

The pay is not worth the emotional and physical stress and the work hours are not any better. Long work days and highly intense at times. Can be extremely stressful. If you do field work be ready to put a lot of mileage on your vehicle.

Be more flexible and put yourself in the shoes of your employees every once in a while.

QMHP (Qualified Mental Health Professional)

Former Employee - QMHP in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dallas Metrocare Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You will get very good experience working at Metrocare Services. If you can work here, you can work anywhere. Flexible scheduling is a plus. I also enjoyed my co-workers that I worked with. I also really loved the clients that I got to serve. Metrocare would be a great place to work if it had better management and a less stressful benchmark.

Cons

All the upper management cares about is making your benchmark. They don't care about quality, they only care about quantity. There were people who worked there that did a horrible job with the clients, but because they made bench they were able to keep their jobs. The job was extremely stressful and they offered low wages.

Learn to put yourself in your employees shoes and learn to care about quality not quantity.

Stressful

Former Employee - Service Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Service Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dallas Metrocare Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The flexibility is awesome! You basically create your own schedule as long as it is accommodating to the families you are working with. There is potential to make bonuses as long as you are meeting your bench.

Cons

This organization only cares about you meeting your benchmark. So, you're not really providing quality services because every client becomes a dollar amount. It's very hard to focus on helping when in the back of your mind you know that your job is on the line if you don't meet your bench. This organization is really bad about requesting things to be completed and turned in at the last minute.

Decrease the benchmark pressure you put on employees.