Dallas Metrocare Services

Updated May 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Linda Thompson

Great if you are not all about the money.

Behavior Intervention (Current Employee)

ProsCaring and genuine managing staff. They are always willing to help you and teach you new skills. The benefits are great and the company's values are in the right place.

ConsThe pay is not worth the emotional and physical stress and the work hours are not any better. Long work days and highly intense at times. Can be extremely stressful. If you do field work be ready to put a lot of mileage on your vehicle.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more flexible and put yourself in the shoes of your employees every once in a while.

QMHP (Qualified Mental Health Professional)

QMHP (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsYou will get very good experience working at Metrocare Services. If you can work here, you can work anywhere. Flexible scheduling is a plus. I also enjoyed my co-workers that I worked with. I also really loved the clients that I got to serve. Metrocare would be a great place to work if it had better management and a less stressful benchmark.

ConsAll the upper management cares about is making your benchmark. They don't care about quality, they only care about quantity. There were people who worked there that did a horrible job with the clients, but because they made bench they were able to keep their jobs. The job was extremely stressful and they offered low wages.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to put yourself in your employees shoes and learn to care about quality not quantity.

Stressful

Service Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsThe flexibility is awesome! You basically create your own schedule as long as it is accommodating to the families you are working with. There is potential to make bonuses as long as you are meeting your bench.

ConsThis organization only cares about you meeting your benchmark. So, you're not really providing quality services because every client becomes a dollar amount. It's very hard to focus on helping when in the back of your mind you know that your job is on the line if you don't meet your bench. This organization is really bad about requesting things to be completed and turned in at the last minute.

Advice to Senior ManagementDecrease the benchmark pressure you put on employees.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

HR DEPT

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey offer employee benefits but hard to use the benefits.

ConsWhen it comes time to use the benefits the HR Dept is awful. Not knowledgeable & give you the run around.
    Awful HR DEPT!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease consider hiring employee's who care about others. HR doesn't return phone calls or never available!!!

Sweat shop conditions!

Service Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsField-based position allows for avoidance of office drama.
    Personal satisfaction in empowering others to increase their quality of life.

ConsDeputy CEO is a tyrant who intimidates her managers by yelling and threatening.
    No over-time pay, yet the job requires working more than 40 hours.
    Unreasonable quotas, referred to as bench marks.
    Often heard management quotes: "I was interviewing when you came, and I'll be interviewing when you go." "I need a service coordinator, not a specific service coordinator."

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all employees with dignity and respect.
    Pay fairly for the hard work completed.

Good experience, but definitely always a temporary job.

QMHP (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsFlexibility if your in the field.

ConsPay sucks. And too much paperwork/documentation.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring and then planning for lay offs. Pay the employees more because it's a tough job.

Nerly gool learning experience about city state and government.

Team Leader (Current Employee)

ProsVery well known in Dallas Fort Worth for services

ConsBudget managment and technology information

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild paartnerships.

Don't do it!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexibility... You pretty much get to make your own schedule. Benefits were pretty good. Overall, the job was very laid back.

ConsManagement sucked!! Caseloads were crazy...and making bench seemed impossible at times. Clients were hard to meet with and some clients called at all hours of the night...Please don't give out your cell phone number!!

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to talk to people that you are managing. Some managers don't know how to come across to others and this causes drama.

Worked for Dallas Metrocare Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dallas Metrocare Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dallas Metrocare Services CEO Linda Thompson. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Dallas Metrocare Services employees.