Dallas Texas Consultants

3.9
CEO

The opportunity you

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants

Pros

DTC is a great company to be apart of. Between the limitless opportunity to grow and advance, the fun work environment and proven management program, this is a company you would be lucky to work with. Jim and Taryn are amazing managers. Their experience and genuine desire to help others be successful is inspiring and promising. My favorite part of working with DTC is that it is performance based. To get rewarded constantly for doing your job right is a plus. The opportunity to travel is never ending. The leadership and training program taught me the best systems for sales, marketing and team development. DTC has made sure that I am reaching my full potential and pushes me to be a better employee everyday.

Cons

Long hours. Compensation can vary. Best to just invest all of your time in to the company if you are looking to be successful.

Advice to Management

KEEP IT UP!

Jun 11, 2015HR Manager

Fantastic opportunity

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time

Pros

DTC is a great great company to work for. The kind of experience you get is unbelievable. I got to learn sales, interview others, train, coach and develop people. Everything was taught to me based of a proven system and, most importantly, mistakes that other people did before so I just had to follow the footsteps of success. I had an access to unlimited resources. Everyone was looking out for my best interest. I highly recommend for everyone who is seeking employment to work here. This company teaches about leadership, communication, and business in general so I think of as an MBA program live except you get to make money while learning instead of taking out loans. Whether you are looking to gain an awesome experience and make yourself more marketable to other companies or you are looking for a fun career, Dallas Texas Consultants is a great stepping stone towards any direction.

Cons

There are cons to every company and business. If there is a perfect job, guess what-it's already taken by someone else. It depends on what you want to do and your likes. If you want to develop yourself into a confident business professional you are going to have to challenge yourself and get comfortable with being uncomfortable because you only grow as a man/woman outside your comfort zone. You learn how to find positives in every negative. Now tell me if that's not important in life?

Advice to Management

They know what they're doing!

May 27, 2015HR Manager

3. EL Sales Job

Former Employee - Entry Level in McKinney, TX
    Former Employee - Entry Level in McKinney, TX

I worked at Dallas Texas Consultants (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun, upbeat environment. Inspiring, high-energy meetings. Never a dull moment. Great people and leadership. Opportunities to advance. Sweet bonuses for reaching objectives.

Cons

Wear and tear on personal vehicle. Hard work with inconsistent pay. Recruiting could use some work. Pros outweigh cons for the most part, outside sales is not for everyone.

Jun 16, 2015HR Manager

Thank you for your review. We are sad to see you go, but want to wish you the best in the future!

Great Leadership, Great Team!

Former Employee - Account Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A Career full of Opportunity, Professional Relationships, and Entrepreneurial Success! You only receive the highest quality of training, plus 1 on 1 time with a trainer. The business model is not only innovative, it is absolutely inspiring.

Cons

If you don't like enthusiasm or the possibility to become friends with some amazing people, plus the ability to advance, I assume that in itself would be considered a con to some.

Advice to Management

Keep on giving the gift of opportunity.

May 15, 2015HR Manager

Thank you for your review!

One of the best places to work in Dallas!

Current Employee - Trainer
    Current Employee - Trainer

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants

Pros

I genuinely love the atmosphere; the people, the energy, goals and excitement I feel on a daily basis. The management team are always in my corner helping me to grow and achieve my goals. Everyone else in the office is there to help people, but more importantly bring a positive and energetic work environment! In my time spent working here I have seen myself become a better person in both my work life and personal. Everything that I have learned while working here are transferable skills that will continuously help me in the future.

Cons

The only downside I can think of is that this is a work place designed for people who want to take initiative of their future.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! I love seeing the passion that you have for us on a daily basis, and I cannot wait to see what the future brings for all of us.

May 12, 2015HR Manager

Thank you for your review!

Nothing better then loving your Job

Current Employee - Human Resources/Administrative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources/Administrative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I truly love the people I work with, the atmosphere of the office, and the opportunities that are offered. I am currently in Florida for a leaders conference learning how to perfect my craft. How cool is it to have a job that takes you all over to learn.

Cons

I really don't have any cons! Management is amazing, they are always helping me achieve my goals and grow with the company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

May 3, 2015HR Manager

Manager

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants

Pros

My daughter has worked within this organization since her graduation from college in 2012. Suring her tenure, she has developed her sales skills, learned how to run a company from the hiring process to payroll and everything in between. Whether this type of industry is or isn't for you, you are taught valuable business skills that you are able to utilize throughout your personal and professional life. As with anything you choose to do, you get back what you put in. If commission sales positions were easy, EVERYONE would be doing it. There's a reason commsissions are uncapped, it allows highly motivated and driven individuals to succeed.

I think a company that teaches their team valuable business skills is only looking to enhance the individual.

Cons

If you are not willing to work hard, be proactive, accept that sales is a difficult industry or have zero entrepreneurial desires, you may want to look into a corporate position where you will get a weekly paycheck and capped income for all your efforts.

Advice to Management

Continue with the work hard play hard motto. Rewarding your team for their efforts will make them want to strive to do better.

Apr 20, 2015HR Manager

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dallas Texas Consultants

Pros

There's a lot of freedom due to lack of structure, support, and overall absence of knowledge. This allows you to easily manipulate other witless employees.

Cons

Where do I start...They're not even consultants, false advertising, multi-level marketing/pyramid scheme structure, horrible comissions, terribly low-proced products, you sell office supplies (they could hire a rat to do this), the owner is a greaseball, your coworkers probably do black-tar heroine...you get the drift...

Advice to Management

Burn it. All of it.

May 14, 2015HR Manager

We are sorry to see how such a foul mouthed, inappropriate person got through and was able to work for our company, if you really did work for us. We are appalled by the things that you have written ... More

Phenomenal place to work!

Former Employee - Salesman in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Salesman in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work atmosphere, great people, great leadership and management! The pay isn't bad either, you get out of it what you put in to it!

Cons

Staying motivated when things aren't quite going your way. Other than that can't really say I had any cons about the company!

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you've been doing, everything is on point!

Mar 25, 2015HR Manager

Thank you for your review!

Great opportunity as long as your are willing to work for it!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants

Pros

-One of the most successful organizations in the business, constantly ranking in the top 10 for production.
    -Everyone around you wants you to succeed and willing to help you get there, as long as you are looking for it.
    -Your coworkers are also young, ambitious and motivated to be successful so everyone helps each other reach their goals.
    -The owner, Jim, has incredible knowledge and experience in the business.
    -You get what earn, the harder you work, the more you make. Plain and simple.
    -Goals for advancement are clearly defined and laid out so you know how to reach the next level.

Cons

-It can feel like a long day so staying motivated can be difficult. Need to power through some of the tough times in order to get to the good.
    -If you don't have thick skin, this job can emotionally drain you. Everyone struggles, but it's all about what you do in response to it that will determine if you will be successful or just let the failure consume you.

Advice to Management

Incredible opportunity for people who are willing to work for it. Keep sending business trips out to get people, especially the more recent hires, more knowledge and experience that you get with the smaller group setting rather than the larger setting.

Mar 5, 2015HR Manager