Dallas Texas Consultants

All about Training and Advancement. Really awesome people too

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cool atmosphere. Even cooler people. Everything they do is team based which was more fun for me than my previous job. Everything they do is all about the learning and classes. It's onel of those companies that don't believe in desks everywhere so it's more of an open environment. The location is awesome and the building itself is very clean and professional (except the bathroom on the main floor smells but that's more of a building janitorial issue). Trainers worked with me on a one on one basis which I've never had before. I think their involvement helped me stack my resume. I didn't initially have any interest in marketing or sales but now I get why it's important and how it helps to have that for experience.

Cons

It's hard work! There's no doubt about that. I can't really say if that's necessarily a 'con' but while I was here I was expected to work hard. At the end of the day, I got out what I put into it. I'm not one to shy away from hard work so I had a pretty good experience and got great training but I can also see why some of my peers didn't have the same experience.

Sometimes I felt guilty about requesting for time off.

Sep 12, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review!

Be your own boss. Unlimited opportunity for advancement

Current Employee - Just Hired  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Just Hired in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time for less than a year

Pros

Base pay + bonuses
    Commission + bonuses if you make more than your base
    You are your own boss
    Can potentially own your own business
    Training provided
    Gas reimbursement
    Possibly weekly bonuses on top of bonuses you already get
    Opportunity to travel
    Great experience for people like me that just graduated and want to get your foot through the door
    Everyone is young and excited to be at work

Cons

Haven't found any yet

Thanks for all the training that you have been providing

Aug 20, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review!

If you are an aspiring entrepeneur, this is a pre-requisite. DTC simply distinguishes itself as superior in the DFW area

Current Employee - Trainer  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Trainer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. "All promotions are built on merit, there is no seniority." Meaning advancement opportunity is based solely on what you bring to the table. With a hard work ethic and a great attitude - two innate characterisitcs of any successful entrepeneur, the reality of opening your own, independent office becomes not only is guaranteed, it is attainable within short order.
    2. Skill sets. Here you are taught, through means of practical application, all of the fundamental components of running a business: sales, interviewing, recruiting, team building and development, and finally management. These are essential, and often overlooked, skills that are required in any successful business model. Furthermore, all of these skills are taught in a manner that is immediate and positive, so that account managers are able to enhance themselves daily.
    3. Finally the mentorship and camaraderie. Whether it comes from the manager, Jim Rothermel - a 15-year distinguished veteran of the business - or one of the many great friends that you will make while working here, the coaching is never ending, and individuals here constantly self-improve.

Cons

1. As an optimistic, driven individual, there will be times here, as in life in general, when you will have to work with individuals who are discontented with their lack of progress and will slander the company or its genuine endeavors in creating businessmen and women. Note: As an entrepeneur, grow accustom to this more common mentality, recognize it as weak, and plan accordingly in your personal associations as these nay-sayers will effect your progress both inside and outside of the office.
    2. There is a time commitment here. Success is subjective, but the potential that this company offers is not made in a 40-hour work week. So if you are looking to set yourself apart from the masses, disregard that concept.
    3. Be ready to be humbled.

I appreciate the opportunity to work here, and wish you the best in your personal life and professional career. I'll be in touch.

Aug 6, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review! We appreciate that you have taken the time to write about all the many great things the company has to offer.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great opportunity to gain sales/marketing experience, develop management skills and boost self confidence

Current Employee - Rep  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Rep in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment - fun atmosphere, clean office space, approachable manager and co-workers, quick advancement; challenging and thrilling job with lots of potential to make a lot of money.

After being out in the field, you are given incentives everyday to do a great job, anything from bonuses, gift cards, and even friendly competitions within the company. The opportunity to make plenty of money and grow within the company is always present and within ones grasp.

I would recommend this company to anyone who is interested in sales, marketing, or leadership.

There is a BASE that just got added on along with other bonuses that keep you wanting more!

Cons

I have no cons. I am a hardworking individual that will strive to succeed in everything I set my mind to.

Thank you for listening to all your representatives and looking out for us and adding the base and bonuses!

Aug 15, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review! We are glad that our representatives are happy with the new base and bonuses that we are now providing.

Great if you can put up with it.

Former Employee - Leader  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Leader in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great opportunities if you're able to stick with it. Easy to set bonuses with the owner. Made great friends out of the time I was working at the company, made some good money every now and then (up to $1,500 in one week). It does take a certain kind of person to be able to do this job.

Cons

You take your own risk. This is door to door sales and unfortunately, I wasn't good enough at it to make it a long-term commitment. The good weeks didn't cover the bad sales weeks enough for me.

Sep 10, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review. We want to wish you luck on your future job search!

DTC: a great professional experience!

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Excellent atmosphere within the company and among people
    Intensive and efficient Training in the long run
    Independent work on the field
    Strong united team (employees and management) stimulating our willpower to daily surpass ourselves
    Very good incentive
    Real listening and Good Communication from manager

Cons

Long Hours working
    Long hours driving

This job requires:

- organization
    - Human skills
    - ethic and respect regarding internal rules
    - motivation
    - consistent positive attitude during working on the field (big smile even if it's hard)

Jul 24, 2014HR Manager

Great company

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time for less than a year

Pros

Learn how to manage yourself and time. Take your people skills to another level. Great working environment. High energy and even higher incentives to perform. Amazing advancement opportunity and great pay.

Cons

If you cant manage your time it will not be a good fit.

keep doing what you're doing

Jun 30, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review!

Unlimited Opportunity for Advancement!

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere
    Surrounded by motivated people
    Opportunities to advance
    Uncapped commission PLUS bonuses or base PLUS bonuses
    Great support and mentorship from upper management

Cons

Long hours
    Must be good at time management
    Lots of competition for upper management positions

Keep pushing for expansion!

Jul 18, 2014HR Manager

Great experience

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time for less than a year

Pros

Learn how to manage your self and time. Great pay. Rewarded with bonuses and incentives. Interact with different people on a daily basis. Work environment is phenomenal.

Cons

If you can't manage yourself and work without a boss on your shoulder it wont be a good fit.

Keep doing what you're doing!!

Jun 30, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review!

Really enjoy coming to work

Current Employee - Account Representative  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have made many great friends from working here. We have a team night every Thursday where we get to all hang out. I just moved here, so the team environment has been really great for me. The management team is awesome along with the admins. Everyone is very friendly. I really enjoy coming to work and learning new things about how the business works. Everything that I have been learning will help me in any other work place. I have really high hopes of building a team and being able to move up in the position.

Cons

Don't really have any. I love everything that I see and have been doing.

I would love to be able to go to one of the conferences that are out of state!

Jul 2, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review! We will be looking into going to more conferences and will be letting our team know of upcoming opportunities!

Worked for Dallas Texas Consultants? Contribute to the Community!