Dallas Texas Consultants

Updated November 16, 2014
Updated November 16, 2014
4.2

CEO

Great place to start your career especially if you don't have experience

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time

Pros

I learned more in one month here than I did in 4 years of school. I had a lot of fun both inside and outside the office. Got promoted 2 weeks after starting

Cons

The hours are long and the work is hard. It takes a strong willed person to push through the rough to get to the green.

Push the pace. Figure out who is willing to work and who is not. If you're lazy and not willing to work hard this job is a waste of time.

Nov 13, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for the review!

Best place in Dallas to work

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people are friendly and the atmosphere is unbelievable. I get to go to work everyday with friends who have the same goal in mind as myself and continue to help me strive to get it and never let me settle for doing anything but my best. It's like going to work with your family, that is how much support there is from everyone in the office. Promotion from the entry level to account manager is fairly quick, however it does take longer to reach a full blown management position. You will grow as quickly as you want to. Love that the systems that they have in place are all based on merit so if you bust your butt and give it your all there is no way you can't grow as quickly as you want to.

Cons

It is a very time consuming. Long days but they go by rather quickly. You must be self-motivated because you don't have anyone staring down your throat making sure that you are making all the right decisions.

Show us that you lead from the front. Love to be more motivated to beat you so I can prove that I work just as hard as the guy as the top.

Nov 13, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review! We will definitely pass your advice to management!

Great opportunity to grow professionally in a rewarding work environment.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I worked at DTC for about 8 months while I lived in Dallas before moving back to Boston. This position was a great opportunity for me to learn sales and marketing and even business development from the ground up. I loved the environment of the office, I worked along side very ambitious and driven people who pushed me to hit my goals. While in this position I was provided full training which was ongoing and available whenever I needed it. I grew tremendously both personally and professionally during my 8 months with DTC and am thankful for the opportunity.

Cons

That they couldn't move the office to Boston with me! I would have liked to have more time with this company to improve my sales skill set even more to be more appealing to future sales roles in the Boston market which is very competitive.

Nov 18, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review!

Great experience for college grads with an entrepreneurial mindset

Current Employee - Entry-Level Account Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Entry-Level Account Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Been working here a little under six months. Originally just wanted some sales training on my resume, and I'd read they provided that. Since I started I've learned so much more and have gotten a chance to develop and practice my leadership skills. Honestly it's been hard work but I've never felt myself progress this much in such a short period of time. A big part of it is I've been applying myself to... but it's been a lot easier to do that because I've been engaged and having a ton of fun every day. That makes coming into work a lot easier and everything a lot more conducive to learning.

The atmosphere is lively and motivational. I enjoyed learning from colleagues that genuinely wanted to see you succeed and could share their own success stories.

Very good training material content and approach to sales and marketing. Transferable skills like leadership, management, and organization are taught and mandatory.

Earning potential is uncapped and determined solely by hard work and results

Cons

You need to come in with a business owner mindset and be determined and courageous to succeed.

Entails lots of commuting to the office and the field.

Great People / Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Leader in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Leader in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Paid well. Lots of opportunity for personal and professional growth. Love giving back to the community. High energy environment and very talented people work here. Love the things we do outside of work - sports, philanthropy, travel, etc.

Something new to learn everyday (my favorites are all the leadership morning meetings). Great, motivated, ambitious people work here.

Cons

Rejection from customers are always hard. Have to definitely be self motivated.

Amazing opportunity

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants

Pros

Great advancement. Awesome pay. Merit based. Management training.

Cons

If you're not used to working hard or have a go getter mentality this will not be a good fit.

Keep kickin butt!

Thank you for your review!

Great opportunity & experience for people with a great work ethic looking for growth!!

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time

Pros

DTC is an excellent company to work for. They provide you with excellent training and an incredible opportunity for those willing to work hard. The company prides itself on honesty, integrity, and dedication and as long as people have these same core values they receive amazing coaching and leadership throughout their journey. The job does not come easy though, it is designed to really challenge individuals to work hard for the goals they are looking to achieve which is why having an entrepreneurial mindset is handy. DTC promotes exclusively from within and the position is merit and performance based. They are a no seniority business, which was great for me because I started the job the day after graduating from college with no prior knowledge or experience in the field and was able to move my way up through the management training program.
            Everybody starts off in the entry-level position and receives training in order to ensure their success with the company. Compared to other entry level positions DTC gives the opportunity for rapid growth and training and the management team is very experienced in the field. Therefore they are more than willing and able to be a great resource throughout the process.
        The people in the company are amazing. Not only do people get to build great relationships with their co- workers but the president Jim is very involved with the company and knows everyone by name. He makes sure that everyone has a lot of support within the work atmosphere, and there is a lot of great recognition as well. There are so many networking opportunities available for anyone regardless of their position or time with the company.
        Traveling is another great opportunity. Travel is never mandatory but always an option for those who have caught the travel bug. During my time with the company I have had many incredible opportunities to explore new cities such as Providence, Charlotte, Denver, Atlanta, Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale, Los Angeles, Scottsdale, Albuquerque, and even the Bahamas just to name a few!
        When it comes down to compensation DTC offers its individuals different compensation incentives. All new hires receive paid training which lasts only about a week within the company. After training all individuals are paid a base or their commission (plus bonuses) whichever amount is higher guaranteeing that everyone will always go home with a paycheck.
             This company is amazing and so are it's people- I would recommend it to anybody who is a hard worker with a great attitude and willingness to learn, develop, grow and build relationships.

Cons

Nothing worth doing or getting in life ever came easy. This job requires hard work and dedication. It isn’t meant to serve those individuals looking for a 9-5 job where they clock in and out every day. Working with DTC requires individuals looking for an opportunity in a stable career with an entrepreneurial mindset, not someone just looking for a job. Also people get into different situations that might be outside of their comfort zones, so if potential applicants are never willing to experience change, something new or a potential curve ball than perhaps this type of a position is not for you. Different strokes for different folks.

Keep doing what you're doing. You guys have been so great to me and I hope you continue to do so for the other people the come through the door.

Nov 19, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review!

Invaluable work experience. Best job if you are looking to learn something new every day. Rapid advancement.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Started right after I graduated college. Still learning new skills that college never taught me. Training was great and very thorough. The office is in a great location and in a really nice office building. Everyone is very professional and friendly. I felt welcomed by everyone, even before I started, just sitting waiting to be interviewed.

Team nights are awesome. Morning atmosphere/meetings are very knowledgeable. Everyone is fairly young, so this is a great company for college grads that are looking to get their foot in the business world.

Opportunities are endless! Literally. If you work hard, you WILL succeed. The owner of the company cares so much about everyone in the company. He is very easy going, so it is easy to talk to him. New bonuses are set, almost, weekly.

There is a base along with commission and bonuses. You have the opportunity to make your own schedule and work as hard as you want. You get paid weekly, which is awesome.

You will make lifelong friends within the company. You get the opportunity to travel and go to different offices and conferences in different states. You can set goals/bonuses with the owner to be able to take advantage of these trips.

Gas is reimbursed once goals are hit weekly. This is definitely a plus.

Cons

I don't have any cons at the time being.

Overall, I think everything is great. I love coming to work.

Thank you for your review!

Training and development program that trains your for your future.

Current Employee - Account Manager/Potential Assistant Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager/Potential Assistant Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I came into the company looking to gain experience as a recent MBA graduate to prepare me for further career opportunities and found my career right here.

I was given hands on experience in sales, marketing, financing, training & development of others, advertising and human resources; All of the basic fundamentals needed to be successful in any business role in any organization. I was trained thoroughly in each area and taught how to be an effective manager and leader of others. The people who trained me actually cared about my success and they cared about me, something I hadn't found in most companies I had worked with prior to DTC.

The management development program they provide develops people not only in these areas of business but also helps an individual develop personally. The people and culture helped build my confidence and allowed me to believe in myself that I was capable of more than I thought. From this program, I have become the person I always wanted to be, but thought I wasn't capable of becoming. If it was not for the great coaching and mentoring of the management team I would still believe that. They stick strong to their values and make sure that anyone that is working hard for themselves gets an opportunity for success.

The opportunity they provide for advancement is based upon someone's performance, which means only those who deserve the promotions and rewards receive them. They do not care how long someone has been working with the firm, but what they are capable of doing while they are there. No one has to wait for someone to retire or move on before they can advance into upward positions in the company.

As a result of being a part of this organization, I will be able to have job security for as long as I want it and the ability to continue to grow my career for many years.

Cons

If you're looking for a 9-5 job, this is not the career for you.

Continue to provide more and more opportunity, push people to their potential, and stick to your culture & values.

Thank you for your review!

Entrepreneurial environment where I learned sales, training others and leadership strategies.

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time

Pros

- Team atmosphere
    - Management is dedicated to your success
    - The training is amazing
    - Employees are great to work with
    - Huge emphasis on helping others succeed
    - No politics
    - Advancement based on what you do, not tenure.
    - Base pay
    - Gas reimbursement

Cons

You have to actually work to be successful. I don't really think that's a con, but some people do.

none.