Dallas Texas Consultants Reviews

Updated March 24, 2015
25 reviews filtered by
4.1
CEO

Great opportunity as long as your are willing to work for it!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants

Pros

-One of the most successful organizations in the business, constantly ranking in the top 10 for production.
    -Everyone around you wants you to succeed and willing to help you get there, as long as you are looking for it.
    -Your coworkers are also young, ambitious and motivated to be successful so everyone helps each other reach their goals.
    -The owner, Jim, has incredible knowledge and experience in the business.
    -You get what earn, the harder you work, the more you make. Plain and simple.
    -Goals for advancement are clearly defined and laid out so you know how to reach the next level.

Cons

-It can feel like a long day so staying motivated can be difficult. Need to power through some of the tough times in order to get to the good.
    -If you don't have thick skin, this job can emotionally drain you. Everyone struggles, but it's all about what you do in response to it that will determine if you will be successful or just let the failure consume you.

Incredible opportunity for people who are willing to work for it. Keep sending business trips out to get people, especially the more recent hires, more knowledge and experience that you get with the smaller group setting rather than the larger setting.

Mar 5, 2015HR Manager

Thank you for your review!

2. Phenomenal place to work!

Former Employee - Salesman in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Salesman in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great work atmosphere, great people, great leadership and management! The pay isn't bad either, you get out of it what you put in to it!

Cons

Staying motivated when things aren't quite going your way. Other than that can't really say I had any cons about the company!

Continue doing what you've been doing, everything is on point!

Mar 25, 2015HR Manager

Thank you for your review!

Enjoy coming to work and the opportunity that is presented

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This job fell into my lap. I moved from another state, knowing no one, and I feel like the people I work with are like family. I was contacted multiple times before I started, and really felt like everyone I talked to actually cared about me.

The owner is someone to really look up to. He is always around and really shows that he cares about you, and your future/opportunity.

There is a base and there is commission and bonuses. That really helped me out when I moved down.

I love sales and have always enjoyed it, so I make enough to pay all my bills, and have money to save too.

Cons

Don't really have any cons.

Thanks for taking a chance on me. I can't wait for some of the conferences coming up.

Mar 1, 2015HR Manager

Thank you for your review!

Its a scam, don't listen to the good reviews here, they are written by the company owners! What a sham!

Former Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dallas Texas Consultants

Pros

No pros, no pros, no pros, no pros

Cons

No base salary, door to door sales, what is professional in door to door sales! Nothing! Just being annoying, they try to make it seems like something else, like a consultant firm or huge marketing firm!! Its not, basically they hire people to sell door to door office equipment. You can work for more than 60 hours a week with no sale or very low pay.

Be honest, its door to door sales, give some base salary, care more about employees, its not consultants its dallas texas door to door sales !

Mar 1, 2015HR Manager

Thank you for your review. From the moment you call in, you are told this is a business to business sales position. Since you stated that you are a former employee of ours, you should have known from ... More

Great opportunity & experience for people with a great work ethic looking for growth!!

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time

Pros

DTC is an excellent company to work for. They provide you with excellent training and an incredible opportunity for those willing to work hard. The company prides itself on honesty, integrity, and dedication and as long as people have these same core values they receive amazing coaching and leadership throughout their journey. The job does not come easy though, it is designed to really challenge individuals to work hard for the goals they are looking to achieve which is why having an entrepreneurial mindset is handy. DTC promotes exclusively from within and the position is merit and performance based. They are a no seniority business, which was great for me because I started the job the day after graduating from college with no prior knowledge or experience in the field and was able to move my way up through the management training program.
            Everybody starts off in the entry-level position and receives training in order to ensure their success with the company. Compared to other entry level positions DTC gives the opportunity for rapid growth and training and the management team is very experienced in the field. Therefore they are more than willing and able to be a great resource throughout the process.
        The people in the company are amazing. Not only do people get to build great relationships with their co- workers but the president Jim is very involved with the company and knows everyone by name. He makes sure that everyone has a lot of support within the work atmosphere, and there is a lot of great recognition as well. There are so many networking opportunities available for anyone regardless of their position or time with the company.
        Traveling is another great opportunity. Travel is never mandatory but always an option for those who have caught the travel bug. During my time with the company I have had many incredible opportunities to explore new cities such as Providence, Charlotte, Denver, Atlanta, Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale, Los Angeles, Scottsdale, Albuquerque, and even the Bahamas just to name a few!
        When it comes down to compensation DTC offers its individuals different compensation incentives. All new hires receive paid training which lasts only about a week within the company. After training all individuals are paid a base or their commission (plus bonuses) whichever amount is higher guaranteeing that everyone will always go home with a paycheck.
             This company is amazing and so are it's people- I would recommend it to anybody who is a hard worker with a great attitude and willingness to learn, develop, grow and build relationships.

Cons

Nothing worth doing or getting in life ever came easy. This job requires hard work and dedication. It isn’t meant to serve those individuals looking for a 9-5 job where they clock in and out every day. Working with DTC requires individuals looking for an opportunity in a stable career with an entrepreneurial mindset, not someone just looking for a job. Also people get into different situations that might be outside of their comfort zones, so if potential applicants are never willing to experience change, something new or a potential curve ball than perhaps this type of a position is not for you. Different strokes for different folks.

Keep doing what you're doing. You guys have been so great to me and I hope you continue to do so for the other people the come through the door.

Nov 19, 2014HR Manager

Cold Door to Door Sales

Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Teaches you how to get our of your comfort zone.

Cons

Where to even begin....
    1. This job is door to door sales. You will walk into a business and try to tell the office supplies. You will be annoying many people who are trying to actually make our economy run.
    2. Everyone acts like a big shot business man/woman. The truth is none of them have a great education and are just excited to put on a suit in the morning. Like people say door to door sales men need to get a real job.
    3. You'd have more fun working at grocery store, oh and you would get paid more.
    4. The company tires to sell you on career advancement, don't listen to it. It is all a lie.
    5. They try to sell it as a marketing job....no no no no its all door to door sales. If that is marketing to them i am very worried.
    6. HONESTLY, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR ENERGY. IT IS ALL A TRAP.

Jan 9, 2015HR Manager

We are sorry to see that a current employee of ours feels this way. We would love to hear from you, personally, with your concerns and we would be more than happy to help you find a career that you ... More

Great place to start your career especially if you don't have experience

Current Employee - Account Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time

Pros

I learned more in one month here than I did in 4 years of school. I had a lot of fun both inside and outside the office. Got promoted 2 weeks after starting

Cons

The hours are long and the work is hard. It takes a strong willed person to push through the rough to get to the green.

Push the pace. Figure out who is willing to work and who is not. If you're lazy and not willing to work hard this job is a waste of time.

Nov 13, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for the review!

Great opportunity to grow professionally in a rewarding work environment.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I worked at DTC for about 8 months while I lived in Dallas before moving back to Boston. This position was a great opportunity for me to learn sales and marketing and even business development from the ground up. I loved the environment of the office, I worked along side very ambitious and driven people who pushed me to hit my goals. While in this position I was provided full training which was ongoing and available whenever I needed it. I grew tremendously both personally and professionally during my 8 months with DTC and am thankful for the opportunity.

Cons

That they couldn't move the office to Boston with me! I would have liked to have more time with this company to improve my sales skill set even more to be more appealing to future sales roles in the Boston market which is very competitive.

Nov 18, 2014HR Manager

Great People / Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Leader in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Leader in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Paid well. Lots of opportunity for personal and professional growth. Love giving back to the community. High energy environment and very talented people work here. Love the things we do outside of work - sports, philanthropy, travel, etc.

Something new to learn everyday (my favorites are all the leadership morning meetings). Great, motivated, ambitious people work here.

Cons

Rejection from customers are always hard. Have to definitely be self motivated.

Nov 11, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review!

Best place in Dallas to work

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people are friendly and the atmosphere is unbelievable. I get to go to work everyday with friends who have the same goal in mind as myself and continue to help me strive to get it and never let me settle for doing anything but my best. It's like going to work with your family, that is how much support there is from everyone in the office. Promotion from the entry level to account manager is fairly quick, however it does take longer to reach a full blown management position. You will grow as quickly as you want to. Love that the systems that they have in place are all based on merit so if you bust your butt and give it your all there is no way you can't grow as quickly as you want to.

Cons

It is a very time consuming. Long days but they go by rather quickly. You must be self-motivated because you don't have anyone staring down your throat making sure that you are making all the right decisions.

Show us that you lead from the front. Love to be more motivated to beat you so I can prove that I work just as hard as the guy as the top.

Nov 13, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review! We will definitely pass your advice to management!

Dallas Texas Consultants Photos