Dalton Management

Very ethical company

Current Employee - Apartment Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Apartment Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Dalton Management

Pros

I love working for Dalton. They are very ethical and just nice people. They make an effort for there employees and that does not happen very often. Very happy!

Cons

The pay is industry standard, and we do get good bonuses. But it just pays the bills. You are not living large :)

unethical and gossipy

Current Employee - No Answer in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - No Answer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Dalton Management full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great vacation and time off when needed. dalton office staff is friendly

Cons

they will throw you under the bus Any chance. they get,they say you do a great job but then criticize you for not doing the job they are very wishy washy.Employess talk mean stuff about each other and upper management will talk about you to other employees. Only company that makes you pay rent and they don't pay you what your worth.

I have none except treat your employees better and with more respect, pay them what they are worth

No future, unless you love filing and completing janitorial work.

I worked at Dalton Management

Pros

Established property management company that is spread across the west coast.

Cons

Expect to be treated like you don't matter. Also upper management will forget your name and make a joke out of it. They will pay you the bare minimum and fail to review what skills you bring to the table.

Plan on spending more time reviewing what your employees can do for you. Also, remembering that they represent your company, it may be important to treat them like they matter.

Awful

I have been working at Dalton Management

Pros

some site locations close to home, some property managers are good as gold, they have great landscapers. Office is in a good location

Cons

Being constantly on call
    not paid for overtime work.. given comp time instead
    some property managers are so cheap, they have risked the health department for dirty swimming pools.
    Illegal lockouts
    not respectful of employee's
    unfair company policies
    favoritism
    This is the worst company I have ever worked for, at least now I can get my dignity back and not be treated like a third world slave.

If you are going to institute company wide policies then they should apply to everyone, not just one singled out person. Learn to listen to what your employees tell you, we can't all be wrong. Stop being so cheap, take care of the tenants who keep you in business. Be honest when you hire someone let them know what the job really entails, lies get you know where except understaffed and getting bad reviews like this.